• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

(9000 Series) Star Wars Episode I: Cloak Of Deception

Hal9000 said:
Thanks for the feedback, smudger9; glad you liked it! Your review mentioned a few audio dropoffs. Do you have any particular ones in mind you can let me know about? Do you mean to say the audio fizzles out at times, or are you talking about transitions in the audio when I made a cut?
And thanks for the tip off about the Clone Wars material. I've never been interested in the show myself, but it looks like Liam Neeson returned to do a few episodes where he talks to Yoda. There very may well be something in there to use. (Perhaps just in the "contingency version" if all he talks about is prophecy.) We'll see. Perhaps if there's some usable non-prophetic dialogue, I could upload a separate ac3 of an alternate audio track for Episode III for any interested.

The one that springs to mind is when Anakin fires up the Naboo fighter... its at around 1:22:37.

Ah, okay. I know what you mean there. The central audio channel is filled in with other channels to remove Anakin's voice, and everything sounds muffled for several seconds. It's worth it to remove what's gone, but it does stand out a bit. Honestly, there is an instance or two of that (shorter, though) in the beginning of Episode III to remove battle droid voices.

Hal9000 said:
And thanks for the tip off about the Clone Wars material. I've never been interested in the show myself, but it looks like Liam Neeson returned to do a few episodes where he talks to Yoda. There very may well be something in there to use. (Perhaps just in the "contingency version" if all he talks about is prophecy.) We'll see. Perhaps if there's some usable non-prophetic dialogue, I could upload a separate ac3 of an alternate audio track for Episode III for any interested.

I havent seen the epsodes myself yet, but the trailer can we viewed here

Liam Neeson's dialogue in this trailer would be perfect for inclusion in a ROTS fan edit. "....you must complete what I could not....come to Dagobah.....you'll find your answers here".

Wow, that's fantastic. I'll watch those tonight and maybe hold off a day or two for uploading Ep3 then.

Found these edits and was very quick to wanting to see them. However, when I tried getting them from MA for the dvd5 version. It said that the files were unknown format or corrupt. Gonna try redownloading them again. But wanted to give a heads up bout it.

I hopefully can get a copy of this fanedit someday soon, it wins for most interesting box art. Just waiting to hear back from a certain bodypart named site about an invite.

If you were a faneditor would you prefer someone review the film after watching the original film for comparison or just review it as a film in general minus the comparison?

just review it as a film in general you can do a comparison, but me personally just want to know if it a good edit or not.
every one is different i cant answer for everyone but who hasn't seen the star wars movies.

If you're fortunate enough to not have seen the Star Wars prequels, I'd suggest letting these (or other) edits do you a solid and allow you to avoid having to see the original version. ;)

I can see 3 edits from Jan 20, 21, and 26.
Named "Cloak of Deception", "Cloak of Deception B", and "Cloak of Deception 7" respectively. Are they all incorrect?

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but those are the BluRay, 720p, and DVD5 versions, respectively. The names were cut off.

For anyone interested, the DVD5 of version 2 of this edit has just hit the 'spleen. The 'info' will be next, once it's uploaded. Keep an eye out during the next week or two for the 720p and 1080p versions as well.
Version 2 includes a commentary track by yours truly. These represent my finished edits, the culmination of years of simmering and effort. If there ever is a version 3, all it will be is plugging in Emanswfan's video sources.

Hi there! First of all thank you for your great work. I hope it is okay to ask such question here: Today I've been downloading your edits of Episodes I-III and the first one is giving me trouble... When I unzip the 1080p version from the 'info', all I get is another .zip file which cannot be uncompressed (I tried 7zip and Winrar on Windows 7). Did it happen to anyone else? I'm really looking forward to watch this version.

Cheve said:
Hi there! First of all thank you for your great work. I hope it is okay to ask such question here: Today I've been downloading your edits of Episodes I-III and the first one is giving me trouble... When I unzip the 1080p version from the 'info', all I get is another .zip file which cannot be uncompressed (I tried 7zip and Winrar on Windows 7). Did it happen to anyone else? I'm really looking forward to watch this version.

I haven't heard this before. I'm not sure; you should be able to extract a folder easily. I am, however, in the process of encoding and uploading version two so you might do well to just skip the 1080p version of COD for now and get v2 as they are uploaded.

Hal9000 said:
I haven't heard this before. I'm not sure; you should be able to extract a folder easily. I am, however, in the process of encoding and uploading version two so you might do well to just skip the 1080p version of COD for now and get v2 as they are uploaded.

Oh man, how silly!... There were a few parts that weren't downloaded (and I didn't get any error while uncompressing them :/). I already downloaded them and everything is fine. Good to know there is a v2 on its way. I may wait for it. Any changelog available?

Thank you!

PS: Are there any plans to create subtitles for these edits?

The changelog is in the folder. Change the .nfo extension to .txt. It's also on the listing at FanEdit.org/ifdb.
And I have no plans to do subtitles myself. I'd have to do them all from scratch and manually do each language. Sorry, but I'm finished for now outside of encoding and uploading. I will likely do a v3 that merely uses Emanswfan's regarded source once all three are ready. (Though I have done a fair amount of learning and work to get v2 to look pretty good.)

Hal9000 said:
The changelog is in the folder. Change the .nfo extension to .txt. It's also on the listing at FanEdit.org/ifdb.
Thank you. I just read them.
Hal9000 said:
And I have no plans to do subtitles myself. I'd have to do them all from scratch and manually do each language. Sorry, but I'm finished for now outside of encoding and uploading.
Ok, I see. I hope I don't miss a lot. Just out of curiosity, how do you keep track of all the edits you do? Using the project file of your editing software of choice? I currently don't have the time to work on anything like this, but who knows in the future.
Hal9000 said:
I will likely do a v3 that merely uses Emanswfan's regarded source once all three are ready. (Though I have done a fair amount of learning and work to get v2 to look pretty good.)
Whoah! I just learned about this fanedit thing about 3 days ago and it's amazing the amount of specialized work you guys do just for fun. Awesome!

Yeah, and I could walk through scene by scene and remember most things that are different. I hope you enjoy them, and you may enjoy my commentary tracks that are coming with v2.

Hal9000 said:
I hope you enjoy them, and you may enjoy my commentary tracks that are coming with v2.

Oh snap, I forgot you recorded commentaries. For that reason, I'll watch them. :)

There's plenty of unintentional humor in them to enjoy, in a "Wow, look at that nerd" kind of way.

Back
Top Bottom