• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

(9000 Series) Star Wars Episode I: Cloak Of Deception

All three formats of Episode I are on the 'spleen, and will be available on the .info very soon. I've deleted the ProRes source file from my hard drive and Cloak of Deception is through, until an Emanswfan-sourced v3.

Review left on IFDB:

HAL9000 gives us a bit of a "best of" hybrid fanedit, in that he utilizes what he felt were the best changes made by previous faneditors (including his own set of edits years ago). Most Episode 1 edits are around 90 minutes, and some may say that's "too short for a Star Wars movie". If you're in that camp, this one should be right up your alley, as it's a nice and trim 1 hour 45 minutes. Everybody has their own fixed ideas about what should be left on the cutting room floor in terms of the prequels, but HAL has managed to bring a nice balance here. Not my absolute favorite Phantom Menace fanedit, but by no means a bad edit. Bonus points for audio commentary.

A/V quality - 10
Editing - 9
Narrative - 8
Enjoyment - 9

Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed it! My TPM is hardly groundbreaking, though I had to do it.

How did you remove the music for the pod race scene? Love your rescore BTW.

I didn't remove any music, I merely added music over laps 1 and 2. And thanks!

Version 3 now available via the usual places.

I have the files in zip format on my mac, but I am unable to unzip them with the usual software, any help would be appreciated. thanks.

yoshif8tures said:
I have the files in zip format on my mac, but I am unable to unzip them with the usual software, any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Which format is it? (DVD, 720p, 1080p)

DVD5, all in zip files but the numbering seems odd, the file names appear to be numbers
.001 etc

The files should be named "Ep1 - Cloak Of Deception DVD5.zip.001" and so forth. I wonder if renaming them would help, as long as they are all the same except the number at the end.

Sorry for the trouble. I'll just rezip and reuploaded the DVD. Won't be the first time it's been necessary. In the meantime, I'd suggest using the other mean of obtaining it in the .dlc.

I managed to download it via another method, I'll post my review after I watch them.

Here's my review, sorry I didn't really have much good to say about it, again, not your fault.

I've watched a bunch of edits of this film in the vain hope that it can be made into a good film, but alas, I have come to the realisation that some bad movies just cannot be made into good movies no matter much is cut and changed.

In saying that, the editing that has gone into this is top notch and it is well done, it just isn't for me and I don't think I'll ever watch this movie again in any format, edited or not.

I'm gonna just say this, though perhaps I shouldn't.

Giving the edit a 1 for entertainment, which dragged the entire rating of your review down to 4.2/10, was really unfair given the "not your fault" nature of your review.

It's not fair, but then 'enjoyment' is a relative thing isn't it? Nor is it my fault that this drags it down when the others were high.
Technically it was excellent, but I still found myself drifting and skipping ahead, the narrative was fine yet still boring.
So until Adywan comes and does his stuff then I won't torture myself watching this episode again.

To hopefully prevent multiple PMs, I'm re-uploading to megaupload right now to address ongoing problems people are having with the archives prompting them for passwords. I'll post again when it's finished.

Hal9000 said:
I'm re-uploading to megaupload right now

Do you have a time machine to upload to this site that no longer exists?

Back
Top Bottom