• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2018 FEOTY Awards - FANEDIT OF THE YEAR

What is the best Fanedit of 2018?

• The Hobbit: The Original Two-Film Structure by Adam Dens

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Game of Thrones: A Tale of Kings and Honor by Andreas

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Ancient Lore by Andreas

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man by Bobson Dugnutt

• Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Anti-Cringe-Cut by DonKamillo

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Reworked by EXPOED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman: The Man Who Laughs by Ryantology

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Back To The Future: The Hill Valley Chronicles by Sinbad

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare by TM2YC

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
KoDomino said:
DonKamillo has my vote. The Last Jedi edit sealed the deal for me. Making this movie watchable was darn near impossible...or so I thought.

Jesus Christ.

Anything you want to tell us now Don?

Masirimso17 said:
@"DonKamillo" Don't start with signature ridiculousness... Did you seriously add this thread to your signature as "The FEOTY 2018 Award Fiasco"? 

That part of the signature has been removed.

TVs Frink said:
Jesus Christ.

Anything you want to tell us now Don?

Not really...

How about you follow your own advice and...what was it..."let it go".... ;)

The thread keeps getting bumped.  And rather suspiciously this time.  Staff tends to not let things like that go.

If you don't really have anything you want to tell us, it's only going to get worse for you.

I'll just chime in and say a few things. Not about the "fiasco" but I'm the one who made the poll and have been referenced.

1) I'm not an admin and have no control over the votes. I'm not privy to any discussion by the admins. That being said, I'm satisfied with the explanation given. It tracks for me.
2) Because I'm not an admin, I can't make the banner things that show up at the top of every page (I think, anyway. If I can someone let me know how!). I asked the admins to make one after I made the 4 older polls. It took me a while to compile the 2018 awards. At that point, I made like 6 new polls. Reading back, I never asked someone to make a banner for the 2018 awards. Although you seem to think it's only a conspiracy that a banner wasn't made for the category you were nominated for. No outrage for no poll being made for best EE, best TV to movie edit, best new faneditor or literally any other 2018 award. Speaking of, if I had thought about it, it would be weird to make a banner to cover all that shit. People on the site see the posts and vote, or they don't. If they're not active enough on the site to keep up with posts, then they probably don't care enough to vote in a fanedit poll. Unless they maybe saw one edit and were linked to it. Now that you mention it, no banners was actually a good call, though I made it purely by accident. 
3) I either forgot to request a banner because I have a vendetta against a person on the internet whose edit I haven't seen but I thought it was going to win and that not having a banner would somehow magically change that...OR...I switched jobs, went on vacation and got married (third time's the charm!) in February and have not spent literally any time thinking about a Fanedit poll. Everyone can decide which of those two scenarios is more plausible. Again, we're talking about a fanedit poll. A poll for fanedits.

TVs Frink said:
The thread keeps getting bumped.  And rather suspiciously this time.  Staff tends to not let things like that go.

If you don't really have anything you want to tell us, it's only going to get worse for you.

What does "bumped" mean exactly? 

And could you please stop with those silly threats? I don't know what you're trying to accomplish with that...

I've done nothing wrong and I already said everything that needed to be said.

thecuddlyninja said:
I'll just chime in and say a few things. Not about the "fiasco" but I'm the one who made the poll and have been referenced....

No one has accused you of anything. That was just Frinks "snarky humor", so relax ninja.

PS: Congratulations on the new job and the new wife/husband!  ;)

thecuddlyninja said:
Because I'm not an admin, I can't make the banner things that show up at the top of every page (I think, anyway. If I can someone let me know how!).

No, you're correct, you need access to admin tools to do that.

Congrats btw!  And though it's been said before, thanks again for all your hard work on this project.

Wow, who knew we couldn’t have nice things.  :)

TVs Frink said:
thecuddlyninja said:
Because I'm not an admin, I can't make the banner things that show up at the top of every page (I think, anyway. If I can someone let me know how!).

No, you're correct, you need access to admin tools to do that.

Congrats btw!  And though it's been said before, thanks again for all your hard work on this project.

I second that! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

I'm afraid I was the one to bump the thread yesterday, but only because I didn't realize how much time had passed and it was only a few threads down from the top. (I usually don't check in here very often.)

Hal9000 said:
I'm afraid I was the one to bump the thread yesterday, but only because I didn't realize how much time had passed and it was only a few threads down from the top. (I usually don't check in here very often.)

No reason for concern.  Nothing wrong with bumping the thread, I'm merely explaining that the only reason I checked vote totals yesterday was because the bump reminded me that this vote needed monitoring.

The fanedit.org staff has identified issues with multiple accounts (socks) and fraudulent activity, and given the context of this tiresome charade, we have decided to issue a temporary ban of 2-weeks on DonKamillo's account. Let's be clear, there are a couple of things we won't tolerate on this website: piracy, and deceptive behavior. 

The awards are intended as a lighthearted celebration of the edits that our active forum members make. Creating multiple accounts, soliciting votes via PM to forum members, and encouraging friends or other random people to sign up to our website just to inflate vote tallies are not in the spirit of this event.

Please everyone, have a little fun, enjoy the community, and stop taking yourselves so seriously. We hope not to have to deal with more of these issues in the future.

And the award for Best Admin of the Year goes to ... @"reave"!

Too soon? ;)

Seriously though, thanks for moving us past this. These are the Oscars of fanedits, but without the profits. So this should be a celebration, without confusion or backstabbing.

I don't know if this needs to be investigated, but with this news of socks and campaigning for votes, should Don's September 2018 FEOTM win be looked into since he won in a landslide?

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I don't know if this needs to be investigated, but with this news of socks and campaigning for votes, should Don's September 2018 FEOTM win be looked into since he won in a landslide?

Good morning everyone,

I think I have to apologize to you all for not quite understanding what happened but I think I am involved somehow. As a newbie I'm still learning the proper protocols here and I may have inadvertently caused someone's account to have a 2 week ban. DonKamillo (to be named), if I had taken the time to read the threads FAQ and rules properly I would've understood the do's and don'ts of the voting process and this issue wouldn't have happened. My excitement and impatience to be a part of this community actually worked against me by allowing myself to err and contribute to this issue. To anyone who's new like me...please take the time to read everything (as I should have) so this kind of stuff can be avoided. I feel bad for being involved in this and I would like to offer everyone who's affected by my ignorance an apology and I will be more aware of my actions in the future. 

For those that have contacted me by PM and those that have left reply's thank you for all your hard work.

Bobson Dugnutt said:

It certainly looks worth investigating. At least five of the voters for your runner-up edit are from forum members that I recognize, where as I only recognise one for @"DonKamillo" 's edit. Thanks, we'll look into it.

lapis molari said:
And the award for Best Admin of the Year goes to ... @"reave"!

Too soon? ;)

Seriously though, thanks for moving us past this. These are the Oscars of fanedits, but without the profits. So this should be a celebration, without confusion or backstabbing.

If that award existed it would definitely not go to me. The entire staff is involved in most decisions, and without their tireless work FE would fall apart in short order.

DonKamillo's edit gets my vote. After watching how horrible TLJ was at the theatre and hearing about fan edits, it was his edit that led me to this site.

Back
Top Bottom