• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

2018 FEOTY Awards - FANEDIT OF THE YEAR

What is the best Fanedit of 2018?

• The Hobbit: The Original Two-Film Structure by Adam Dens

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Game of Thrones: A Tale of Kings and Honor by Andreas

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Ancient Lore by Andreas

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man by Bobson Dugnutt

• Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi: Anti-Cringe-Cut by DonKamillo

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Reworked by EXPOED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman: The Man Who Laughs by Ryantology

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Back To The Future: The Hill Valley Chronicles by Sinbad

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Star Wars - Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare by TM2YC

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .
My apologies, you're right. Shall I delete my post?

DonKamillo said:
Instead of being rude, maybe you could fill the people here in on the criteria one has to fullfill to be able to give a vote in a fanedit poll so there are no misunderstandings.

In the past, faneditors have been known to enlist their friends/roommates/etc. to login and vote after which they're never to be seen again. Because of this we've added multiple criteria a user needs to meet prior to voting. I'm not going to list them here because then said users will just do what they can to circumvent them. The polls are meant for people who are active on the site, either by participating or in the very least visiting and lurking and general fans of fanedits. They are not meant for faneditors to get their friends to just jump on, vote, and never come back. That's not in the spirit of the fanedit awards.[/quote]

addiesin said:
Did the same thing happen when he was up for FEOTM?

I've looked at the Sept. FEOTM and I've shared my thoughts privately with the admin team.

Q2 said:
In the past, faneditors have been known to enlist their friends/roommates/etc. to login and vote after which they're never to be seen again. Because of this we've added multiple criteria a user needs to meet prior to voting. I'm not going to list them here because then said users will just do what they can to circumvent them. The polls are meant for people who are active on the site, either by participating or in the very least visiting and lurking and general fans of fanedits. They are not meant for faneditors to get their friends to just jump on, vote, and never come back. That's not in the spirit of the fanedit awards.

Thanks for the clarification Q2. Seeing as neither my friends nor roommate (aka wife) have accounts on this site there shouldn't be any concerns on that front :)

It just saddens me that the bunch of support and love I got and am still getting for my first fanedit from all over the world is being denigrated by some people around here by throwing accusations around.

Look at it from our perspective: users who have only been members a short time, or have only 1 or 2 posts, or have only logged a few hours on the site, etc. suddenly show up and praise your work is suspicious.

Q2 said:
Look at it from our perspective: users who have only been members a short time, or have only 1 or 2 posts, or have only logged a few hours on the site, etc. suddenly show up and praise your work is suspicious.

I get that. I'm not sure what I can do to help the "investigation" though. So if there's anything I can do, just let me know.

DonKamillo said:
It just saddens me that the bunch of support and love I got and am still getting for my first fanedit from all over the world is being denigrated by some people around here by throwing accusations around.

Nobody's accused you of anything.

I'm accusing him.

I ask him what is going on.  Why are users with no or almost no posts suddenly all either voting or posting about the edit?  All I got was complaints that I was being rude and trying to censor these people somehow.

I'm still waiting for an answer.  And the longer it takes to get the correct answer, the worse it's gonna get.

Fair enough. I'll back off. 
My apologies.

TVs Frink said:
I'm accusing him.

I ask him what is going on.  Why are users with no or almost no posts suddenly all either voting or posting about the edit?

The answer is simple: 
- People were looking for a fanedit of The Last Jedi 
- People discovered my edit on this site
- People asked me for links to watch it
- People got links and were asked to leave some feedback after watching and consider voting for it, IF they liked it
- People watched it
- People liked it
- People voted for it
THE END

I didn't sleep with/hire/force/pay anyone to vote for me so I'm sorry to disappoint, if that's something you expected to hear.  :sleepy:

I will add that DonKamillo sent me (and I'm assuming other people) a PM requesting that if we enjoyed the edit we might vote for it in the poll, but that seems reasonable. I would guess that these inactive members did like the edit and voted accordingly.

asterixsmeagol said:
I will add that DonKamillo sent me (and I'm assuming other people) a PM requesting that if we enjoyed the edit we might vote for it in the poll, but that seems reasonable. I would guess that these inactive members did like the edit and voted accordingly.

I disagree that it is reasonable.  This contest should be about how many people liked which edit the most, not which editor had time to send PMs to viewers.  The edit should stand on its own.  Sending PMs to people asking for votes is not cool in my book, despite there not being a specific rule against it (for now).

The fact that he failed to disclose the fact that he was sending these PMs, despite multiple chances to disclose it, tells me he knows it was wrong to do it.  And is also not cool.

I don't see anything wrong with informing recent viewers and people who request links of my edit about this poll and to consider voting IF they liked my edit. 

After all this poll is here for the viewers of the nominated edits to vote is it not?

I honestly didn't expect much to come of it as some users are not very active in this forum and some only registered to be able to send a PM asking for the edit so I was as surprised as you by the overwhelming support and the kind comments until the whole thing turned into an unnecessary witch hunt.

However those people who commented and voted are still people and fanedit viewers like everybody else, so going off on them for not being as active as you like them to be and practically censor the poll results to your liking is not cool in MY book.

I was fortunate enough to get a warm welcome and more help and support during my work on my edit than I expected when I started writing in this forum. 

If I had received such bullying replies to my first post on this forum like Frink is dishing out, I probably wouldn't' have bothered to stay.

You're not helping the fanedit community to grow with that kind of behavior...

@"DonKamillo", please PM staff with further concerns. Thanks

DonKamillo said:
However those people who commented and voted are still people and fanedit viewers like everybody else, so going off on them for not being as active as you like them to be and practically censor the poll results to your liking is not cool in MY book.

I was fortunate enough to get a warm welcome and more help and support during my work on my edit than I expected when I started writing in this forum. 

If I had received such bullying replies to my first post on this forum like Frink is dishing out, I probably wouldn't' have bothered to stay.

You're not helping the fanedit community to grow with that kind of behavior...

You are welcome to go start your own fanediting site where you can make the rules to your liking.

TVs Frink said:
You are welcome to go start your own fanediting site where you can make the rules to your liking.

...now that's a mature response  :rolleyes:

DigModiFicaTion said:
@"DonKamillo", please PM staff with further concerns. Thanks

Please adhere to the directions of the quoted post. Any further discussion on this offshoot needs to be taken care of as outlined. In the future, a short, tactful, clear and objective response to inquiries can help clarify a situation. Again, if you have further concerns please PM staff. Thanks

Oh good here we go again.

Back
Top Bottom