• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

2011 Fanedit of the year: Poll

Please Select 5 edits for nomination of Best Fanedit of 2011

• (fe) la vie 2.22 by bluyoda

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Alien 2: Q2 Edition by Q2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien 3: Q2 Edition by Q2

• Alien-Ate by The Man Behind the Mask

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Attack of the Clones: The Super 8 Cut by Rogue-theX

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Biohazard: The Umbrella Conspiracy by Aztek463

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Braveheart - The Elerslie Edition by CBB

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Carly's Story by Mark Moore

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Chronological Back to the Future by Marty McSuperfly

• Codename: Wolverine by Havok1977

• Dancer in the Dark: We're Not in a Musical 2000/2011 by Dr. Sapirstein

• Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze - Detarnished! by Slark

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Flash Gordon - Savior of the Earth Edition by Havok 1977

• The Godfather Chronological Epic 1901-1980 by Modernknife

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1: The 90 Minute Wicked Edition by AEmovieguy

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Pure-Blood Edition by Shortround24

• Horse Whisperer – Whispering Edition by Metrostar

• Killing a Chinese Bookie by Gatos

• Kingdom of Heaven by Kerr

• The Kung Fu Kid by Kevinicus

• Large's Ark by L8wrtr

• Little Shop of Horrors, Grindhouse Edition by Dr. Sapirstein

• Lost Boys: The Tribe - Revamped by Raven

• LOST: The Miniseries - Part 1 by DriggyDriggs

• Matrix Revolutions: The Epic Edition by geminigod

• A Nightmare on Elm Street Part II by Camp Blood Pictures

• Oz: Emerald City (AKA Emerald City: An Oz FanEdit) by Gatos

• P2 by blueyoda

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Panic Flight by Raven

• Paranormal Activity - Double Feature by Sunarep

• The Phantom Hour by NightStalkerPoet

• The Phantom Menace: The Lone Gungan Edition by yads

• The Postman: The Expedited Editon by Bionic Bob

• Prophet of Destruction by Last Survivor

• Raiders of the Lost Skull by njvc

• SCUM by blueyoda

• Smallville Destiny by Last Survivor

• Smallville Episode 1: A New Beginning by juice4Z0

• Solaris Station by Brumous

• Sopranos: Season One (parts 1 and 2) by Horace

• Star Trek "This Other Eden" by Bionic Bob

• Star Wars: Episode 1 - Return of the Sith by seciors

• Star Wars: Renascent by Asteroid Man

• Superman Restored by ITHoTMK

• Supernatural: The Winchester Gospel Chapter 1 by juice4Z0

• Swept Away, Vintage Edition by Dr. Sapirstein

• The Ugly West by TMBTM & CBB

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • The Walking Dead Apocalypse by g1orkatsos

• The Wolfman Super 8 Collection by Rogue-theX

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Greetings Faneditors and faneditor fans! Behold, stage one of the 4th Annual Faneditor Awards has officially begun, and you are a critical requirement.

For Best Fanedit of 2011, the initial nomination round will be decided as follows:

1) Fanedit of the Month Award Winners are automatically nominated (as they have already been part of a public vote)
2) The top 10 vote getters of the poll of the remaining 50 True Fanedits as determined by the member poll in this thread.
3) Once the 11 qualifying FEOTM winners have been combined with the top 10 public poll winners, the Academy has the option to add up to 2 Wild Cards. They do not have to use this option, but it is there as an option should they choose.

Out of this possible total of 23 first-round nominations, the Academy will then select 7 as the final Nominees.

The final nominations will then be judged by a panel comprised of eligible members invited from the Academy, Staff, and past Best TFE of the year winners.

Best True Fanedit of 2011
Best True Fanedit of the year will be evaluated on the following criteria

1. Quality of Audio and Video editing - The ideal fanedit makes the edits themselves invisible to a casual viewer within context of the intention of the editor
    1. Audio - Audio editing should not cause pops, stray components and/or background from other scenes which should not be there. Audio is properly synchronized and balanced within the audio-design (5.1, Stereo etc). The hand of the editor should be inaudible to the viewer.
    2. Video - Video editing lacks flash-frames and abrupt/jarring hard-cuts. In short the editing itself has the feel of professionalism and should match/complement the nature of the edit.
  2. Storytelling - Fanedits will be evaluated on the ability of the faneditor to create a compelling and entertaining alternative from the original film. Quality storytelling isn’t limited to ‘improving’ a film but includes the faneditor’s ability to create something new, including creating alternatively entertaining versions of original films which are already considered ‘Great’ movies.
    1. Execution of intention - Every faneditor has an intent when they create a fanedit. How clear is this intention and how well did they execute on this intention?
    2. Impact of changes - What was the net effect of their change? Did the changes create a compelling viewing experience? Was it engaging and provide entertainment/value?
  3. Overall Enjoyment - While the most subjective of criteria, this is also what every edit boils down to; Was this edit fun and enjoyable? Was this worth the viewers’ time and is it something that the viewer would be happy to recommend/share with others?
In summary, the Best TrueFanedit should be evaluated in terms of how well does this represent the overall art of fanediting? How well does it execute on all of the fundamental aspects which make fanediting its own unique artform?

The 11 qualifying Fanedit of the month winners from 2011 are:
  • Star Wars Begins by Jabe Davdar
  • Batman: Under the Red Hood - UA Edit
  • Northwest Passage: A Twin Peaks Fanedit
  • Star Wars Episode II: The Republic Divided by L8wrtr
  • Watchmen: Midnight by Flixcapacitor
  • L.A. Confidential Recut by Neglify
  • Star Wars Return of the Jedi: The Spence Final Cut
  • Dr. Jones and hte Skull Kingdom Mystery by Wraith
  • Underworld Temptation by The Man Behind The Mask
  • Quantum of Solace: Bond's Revenge by Last Survivor
  • Star Wars Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace by TV's Frink

Let The Awards Season Begin!

I urge everybody to vote. This is your chance to make your voice heard.

What edits do you think deserve to be nominated for Best Truefanedit of the Year?

The poll will open until Sunday July 22 11:52 PM PST.

Here's how I voted:

(You don't have to break down your votes if you don't want to.)

SCUM - This is one of the funnest fanedits I saw this year. blueyoda loves (hates?) psycho babes and gives you a Double Feature of overlooked classics (?). Be thankful you don't have to wake up to either of these women in the morning.

The Ugly West - Do you love westerns? Do you hum the theme song to "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" while waiting in line at the bank? If you said yes to either of those, watch this fanedit. Tonight.

The Wolfman Super 8 Collection - Bark at the moon baby! Get possessed by Rogue's pristinely dirty versions of NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE Wolfman flicks. You don't wanna wach three Wolfman films in one night? Why not? What do you have to do tonight? Fine, whatever. But you know what? We're talkin a total of 46 minutes! You just got Rogued. OK seriously, I'm gonna be honest here. This edit should have won FEOTM for November. I said it.

Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze Detarnished! - When I think of effort being put into a fanedit I think of 2 edits. A New Hope Revisited and Doc Savage Detarnished. slark is possibly the biggest unabashed Doc fan and he wants you to join his crazy cult.

(fe) la vie 2.22 - blueyoda goes to Hollywood. Hollywood closes forever.

SCUM is nowhere to be found on .info.

any pointers, sir negalot?

Neglify said:
I can reupload.
Any chance you could re-up Wraith's "Dr. Jones and the Skull Kingdom Mystery" while you're at it? Please? ;)

Ripplin said:
Any chance you could re-up Wraith's "Dr. Jones and the Skull Kingdom Mystery" while you're at it? Please? ;)

Sure what the heck.

And any other requests for re-uploads can be sent to me via PM. I don't promise I'll have it or I'll re-up soon but give it a shot.

Hey Neg, can you upload any PMs you get so the rest of us can read them? Thanks!

^ Is there a guide on how to download that?

Its not working. Can you post it on megaupload? I'd love to see this.

neg tells it like it is, folks.

SCUM is gleefully brilliant. and totally fucked up! :biggrin1:

i've seen most of 2011's FEotMs, but i've seen only a handful of the rest.

my votes:

(fe) la vie 2.22 for taking me on a funky ride.

the wolfman super 8 collection. short and sweet and beautifully aged.

SCUM i discovered this week, thanks to neg. the storytelling is tight, and the musical additions are hip and superb. blueyoda is your VJ and DJ for this messed-up journey.

Actually, the math here is a bit funky...

The percentage for each edit should be expressed as the number of votes cast for that edit divided by the total number of votes cast, not the total number of voters. (Each voter was afforded 5 votes, but some cast fewer than that so it wouldn't be as simple as multiplying the number of voters by 5.) I'm guessing that this is a VBulletin programming thing?

Anyway, all told, it adds up to a few multiples of 100%. Was there a fanedit of "The Producers" in there that I missed? ;)

If you haven't voted yet, the poll closes Sunday night. So get your votes in!

And if you have voted, thank you!

Neglify said:
If you haven't voted yet, the poll closes Sunday night. So get your votes in!

And if you have voted, thank you!

I haven't voted, but I don't feel right in voting since I've only seen 4 edits from the list. I've seen both of Q2's Alien 3 edits, TMBTM's Alien Resurrection edit, and Camp Blood Pictures NOES 2 edit.

Back
Top Bottom