If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Every month we ask the community to vote on their Favorite Fanedit of the Month. To view the nominees and vote visit this thread.

Rogues Alternate/Retro Cover/Poster thread/thread
Will buy!  Hit me up via PM if you want some feedback.
--------------------------: My Fanedits :--------------------------
Because You Were Home (the Strangers)

-------------------------: Consecutions :-------------------------
Thanks Throw! Will do! Smile

2nd update:
a bit of copy (text) left to add and the last 3 panels of the 1st sunday strip will be roughed out.
I may be an A-hole, but I'm not 100% a dick - Han Solo
3rd update:
1st rough for 1st sunday complete!

I was going to post an appropriate gif too, but I couldn't find one that I really liked, with an open cockpit and the right speed capabilities, so were' stuck with this:
44 1/4 update:
2nd rough draft is taking longer, the drawing dimensions are larger (approximately 16x20") so that I can get faces to look the way I like and that when the size is reduced for print it should look better, and I guess the 2nd rough draft will pretty much be completed pencils which I will trace onto the nice paper for inking, this way if I f#ck up with the inking it should be easier to redo it without having to do all the penciling work over again, little mistakes can be corrected of course, but right now I don't know what will be the best way to ink it so this way I could trace a few choice panels multiple times and ink each one differently to get a feel for how it should be inked.
^ still at it. Have some other things to deal with so I haven't gotten as much done as I'd like, but still at it. Realized I should tackle the concept art phase now while its still early in the strip, before I get ahead of myself and don't know what certain key designs are supposed to look like. Might post some of my unused designs later on that won't appear in the strip.
I'll be honest, I'm intimidated by just this one damn comic page. Haven't got the nerve to finish the pencils for the bottom half of the panels. I can do it, the first rough draft is decent, so whatevers, I'm a big wuss.

Meantime, I'm making a medieval chess set, a 6x6 gold and black checkered board with a set of pieces I found at a thrift store that had a few missing pieces so I just use what pieces can match. Basically like this:

except that the queens are replaced with bishops as a queen was one of the missing pieces in the set. All of the wood is recycled if you don't count the playing board which is leftover wood from another project. Most of the wood is cut, its a simple construction, I'll probably use some brass screws with glue, don't have big enough clamps to do it the right way. There will be a door on the bottom that when opened will reveal the hold for the pieces and instructions glued to the underside of the playing surface with suggested rules and piece movements.

I HAVE THE POWER!
The chess board is coming along nicely. The playing surface was a pain to paint, but it looks very nice now after a ton of BS, I'm not satisfied 100% with the clear coat I put on it so next board I make I'll try something different. Am waiting for the stain on the sides of the box to dry before putting down the polyurethane and then I will finish the simple lock for the storage door and get to work on the instructional illustrations that will be glued inside the box.

I started making chess pieces for another project and they have the right look to them that I will end up making the pieces for this board after all to complete the set.