• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Cosmogony

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[align=center]
cosmogony3dview.jpg

Cosmogony is a fanedit using a lot of movies to tell the story of humantity and nature, from the creation of life to whatever we are going.

When I started this work I thought it would be cool to use all the great movies about the various wars and iconic moments in human history... But it did not turn like that. I needed to have room to show various stories more centered around certain characters (lots of them fictional), events and ideas than making a list of "known moments".
The edit is quite slow paced and contemplative. With mostly only music, except some dialogue at key points.
About 80% or more of the music you'll listen is added and does no belong to the original movies.
Some audience could find it too long for what it tells and it's probably right (2h12 min) but I could not cut much more than I aready did without the feeling that I was removing some things that I like.
So, the edit is what it is; maybe not perfect and not for everyone but I like it.

List of movies from (more or less) the most used to the less:
1492: Conquest of Paradise - Quest For Fire - The Emerald Forest - Apocalypto - The Tree of Life - The Outlaw Josey Wales - Amistad - Contagion - Prometheus - Sunshine - 2001 a Space odyssey - Battlestar Galactica - The Day After Tomorrow - The Mission - Jurassic Park III - The New World - Clash of the Titans (2010) - koyaanisqatsi - BBC Life (fish) Documentary - There Will Be Blood.

New music by: Jean-Michel Jarre - Neil Young - Judas Priest - klaus schulze and lisa gerrard - Lou Reed & Metallica (without vocals don't worry!) - Bruce Dickinson - Bjork (end credits song called Cosmogony)

DVD5

To be released soon.

Congratulations TMBTM! I've been looking forward to this for a long time! :)

I hope this turns into the most pretentious edits I have ever seen :p otherwise I'll be sorely disappointed,
very curious how this one will play out

this edit will turn us into cosmogynists.

seriously, though, it looks purdy interesting. wondering what direction it'll go, whether intoxicants will be recommended.

I was fortunate enough to preview this. Pretentious level is high. Wowza level is also pretty high. Best enjoyed while high.

Let this Pretentious edit be the start of a new fanedit era! Enough Grindhouse and SW already :p

Bring it on... love the look of this edit TMBTM.

g1orkatsos said:
Let this Pretentious edit be the start of a new fanedit era! Enough Grindhouse and SW already :p

That's it, I'm doing nothing but fart joke edits from now on.

TV's Frink said:
That's it, I'm doing nothing but fart joke edits from now on.

Oh s#!t? There goes the planet?

Happy to see this one finished, TMBTM. :)

jswert123456 said:
Is this availible?

If you notice the OP was two days ago, and at the bottom says "Coming Soon".

Looks pretentious and boring. Who wants to watch a mashup of random movie scenes with random songs slapped over them?

TMBTM, forget this artsy bullshit and make War of the Stars 3 already.

if it's anything like (fe) la vie, i ain't watchin' it. :p

Even though the edit is on the front page now it's not yet available "right now".
Should be in few hours.

What???? We have to wait a couple hours? Eff this site.

Can't wait to get this and re-score it. :p

Back
Top Bottom