• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The movie you are most ashamed you have ever tried to watch

Simba7

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, it was a cold winter night and I was visiting my friend. my friends roommate had an amazing VHS library. He had about 3000 tapes of badly copied movies, most of which were really bad. We counted once that out of the 3000, maybe 40 were good ones.
Since we have watched all the good ones already, and we were really bored and a little bit high, We've decided that it would be a good laugh to watch:

Spice girls - the movie.

We gave up after 10 minutes, but I still carry the traumas with me. :???:
and, no, it wasn't a good laugh...

That's a toughie. See, there are so many bad films I've been forced to watch, I don't think I could name them all...but here goes:

1. Dumb and Dumberer (actually a while back)
2. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (O. MY. A-GAWD.) :shock:
3. The Master of Disguise (the sad part is, I liked it the first time I saw it)
4. Battle Field Earth (I did, however, love when Stephen Colbert made fun of it) :lol:
5. The Scorpion King (I kept thinking, "Well, something good must happen next" up 'till the credits) :(

my wife?s colleague one day gave her an absolutely brilliant movie which she and her sisters and their daughters totally loved. it was a bollywood movie! the german title was something like ?in good times as in bad times? and it was about love and family honor and extremely cheesy dialogues and storyline and was veeery colorfull and full of freaky musical music and indish people dancing and the best thing? that sucker went over three hours..!

we sat through the whole damn thing!

i am pretty sure that i lost a few weeks of life expectancy that day...

that?s it:
gutenschlechtentagen2vx4.jpg

i?m still in therapy because of all the dancing...

:-(

Heinrich said:
my wife?s colleague one day gave her an absolutely brilliant movie which she and her sisters and their daughters totally loved. it was a bollywood movie! the german title was something like ?in good times as in bad times? and it was about love and family honor and extremely cheesy dialogues and storyline and was veeery colorfull and full of freaky musical music and indish people dancing and the best thing? that sucker went over three hours..!

we sat through the whole damn thing!

i am pretty sure that i lost a few weeks of life expectancy that day...

Ouch! :-o I consider it pretty amazing that Bollywood is more consistent with churning out bad movies than even Hollywood is lately. Although, the fact that "Chuck and Larry" can be no. 1 at the box office does speak of America's willingness for crappy movies. :x

"]
Enjoy Mike Nelson commenting over Battlefield Earth. :lol:

that sucker went over three hours
I'm pretty sure that 3 hours is the standard length in India. you sit for 1.5 hours, you have an intermission for 20 minutes and then you watch the second half. it's a good way for escaping the real world for a few hours.

Simba7 said:
that sucker went over three hours
I'm pretty sure that 3 hours is the standard length in India. you sit for 1.5 hours, you have an intermission for 20 minutes and then you watch the second half. it's a good way for escaping the real world for a few hours.

:-( Well, from that point of view, it kind of makes sense if it sucks because it's so dramatic and silly; over in India, they NEED movies like that to help them cope, and quantity would be more important than quality to keep their minds off other stuff; however, that's no excuse for Americans having retarded taste, though. :-x

DaVaRo said:
That's a toughie. See, there are so many bad films I've been forced to watch, I don't think I could name them all...but here goes:

(

Yeah.... me too. What the CHrist? its not even a movie its just a long stream of vomit.

Finn said:
DaVaRo said:

Yeah.... me too. What the CHrist? its not even a movie its just a long stream of vomit.

It's so amazingly bad, it's hard to even make fun of it; it's something that should be shown in America's prisons every Weds. or so. :-o

Gigli (rhymes with "Really", which Ben Affleck says about a dozen times in the short time I watched it).

I made it 45 minutes and 35 seconds into it... and I'll never get that back. Ever.

LOL, when I first heard of that movie, I thought Gigli was the name of J Lo's character. Seeing it was Affleck's made me not want to see the movie even more. :lol: Thank God I was saved from that goose egg. :-o

Spice World (the Spice Girls movie). Funny thing is, I liked it at the time I saw it ('twas many years ago) so I don't even know if I'd still like it. Probably not.

Gigli. Yeah, I saw it. In theaters. I've still never quite forgiven my cousin, but then again, she invited, I said yes, not knowing what to expect. Well...there you go.

I'm sure there are others that I'll think of later.

wow there are people other than the spice girls, who saw the spice girls movie :D btw...wtf is up with this bratz movie?? why, why?

ThrowgnCpr said:
wow there are people other than the spice girls, who saw the spice girls movie :D btw...wtf is up with this bratz movie?? why, why?

I know, right? That looks so stupid. It was practically in the IMDB Bottom 100 with in two hours of its release.

Oh, my cousin (the one who controls everything when we do stuff) went to see Bratz with some of her girlfriends...I was shocked, to say the least, when SHE said the movie was stupid. :shock: As she put it, "it's a movie about inner beauty where everyone is obssesed with clothes, makeup, and popularity". I love Stephen Colbert's preview: "Bratz, which from the poster I originally assumes to be about girls eating German sausage. :lol:

Good lord. You think "German sausage" is a euphemism for something? :p

Aztek463 said:
Good lord. You think "German sausage" is a euphemism for something? :p
:-? LOL, that wasn't the original joke. :lol: It's because "Bratz" in German is the short, plural form for saying "bratwurst", and Colbert was joking about the ridiculous name and the fact that he never actually sees the films he previews. But, good going there, noticing the "unintentional" double entendre. :smile:

CATWOMAN!!! I made it up to the basketball scene before I finally gave up...

DaVaRo said:
It's because "Bratz" in German is the short, plural form for saying "bratwurst"

believe me, no german ever said (or would ever say) "Bratz" for Bratwurst.

You just say "Bratwurst" or you don?t...

Back
Top Bottom