• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare (TM2YC Fanfix) - Restructure/Less fanservice

Wow... congrats on the progress, cut-list sounds perfect!

^ Thanks y'all

Artwork is complete:

41681266162_19f5b4c1c6_o.jpg

39915755650_d2e8185253_o.jpg

(^ Click image to see hi-res version)

@"theryaney" and @"jswert123456" If you want me to add your two excellent covers to the listing this wekend, then please finalise them. Here is the text/info I used:

'Where Rebels Dare' takes an already decent Star Wars movie and makes it a bit more Star-Warsy. We now open with a traditional crawl and scene wipes are used. The amount of "fan service" is reduced and the plot is reordered.

I liked 'Rogue One' but it had obvious problems from the first viewing. The opening act felt very choppy and there were too many cringey "fan service" moments. The main problem was that screen-time which should have been spent developing the new characters, was given over to bad cameos. Since no deleted scenes exist, I can't add in more depth for our new heroes and villains but I can tweak a few things and reduce the cameos. The other goal of this edit was make R1 play like a traditional Original-Trilogy movie. So it now has a Fox style fanfare, a custom crawl and new establishing FXshots.

Original Runtime: 134 minutes
Fanedit Runtime: 130 minutes
Time Added: 3 minutes
Time Cut: 7 minutes

Or use your own? Thanks guys.

addiesin said:
Dat disc art tho...  :heart:

I whipped it from this amusing and well designed poster:

I'm going to include some brief 'Alternate Scenes' with the edit. Not something I usually do but they are different enough this time I think:

- Vader's minion says 'My Lord'
- Young to old Jyn transition, with wipe to Death Star
- 13-year transition, 1st idea
- 13-year transition, 2nd idea, with different music
- R2 and Threepio on Yavin, with no dialogue
- R2 and Threepio on Sesame Street

The no-dialogue Yavin scene might be useful for other people wanting to change what Threepio says in that cameo.

Could you do versions that are blu ray size? 

They look great! I really dig your black cover :)

i have one template, that i got from the resources area on this site.
i dont have a bluray template.

jswert123456 said:

There are a lot of free options out there. If you Google Blu Ray Case template you can get a base image to layer on top of.

I do like the beach one you created there.

jswert123456 said:

We'll try to update the resources section of the site soon, in the meantime, there are several blu-ray templates linked in the gallery resources section of the forum.  Here are a couple for example:

https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=1327&pid=169651#pid169651
https://forums.fanedit.org/showthread.php?tid=16063&pid=296449#pid296449

I can't speak for others, but if I am going to the trouble of printing a Blu-ray cover, I am definitely going to use a BD case, not a DVD Amaray case.

ThrowgnCpr said:
I can't speak for others, but if I am going to the trouble of printing a Blu-ray cover, I am definitely going to use a BD case, not a DVD Amaray case.

Yeah, it needs to be blu-ray dimensions (like the template I sent you), not just a blu-ray symbol on a DVD size cover please @"jswert123456" .

I'm maybe/probably going to do a blu-ray for this. I hate everything about authoring blu-rays but it would be nice to have this one in a case on my shelf. The menus will be styled after the grey artwork.

the latest uploads were done using the template sent by TM2YC.
color blu ray
where%2Brebels%2Bdare-%2Bfinal%2Bblu%2Bray%2Bcolor%2Bversion.jpg

black blu ray
where%2Brebels%2Bdare-%2Bfinal%2Bblack%2Bblu%2Bray%2Bcover.jpg

jswert123456 said:
i used the template you sent me

But they are not the same shape as the one I sent you. They are DVD shaped?

EDIT: Now I see your second post. The black one looks okay (it's very small and lo-res though) but the beach one looks all squashed.

i will just make dvd covers only.
cause i used your template and placed the artwork where it went
saved the images, then uploaded them, so i dont know what happened.
appreciate everyone's help though.

color version
where%2Brebels%2Bdare-%2Bfinal%2Bcolor%2Bversion.jpg

black version
where%2Brebels%2Bdare-%2Bfinal%2Bblack%2Bcover.jpg

I use a program called UNDercover and when I get ready to print , it gives me the option of printing As a dvd cover or blu Ray, and the blu Ray option has always fit in my standard cases

Back
Top Bottom