• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare (TM2YC Fanfix) - Restructure/Less fanservice

theryaney said:
Here's my final: :)
artboard-copy-1441.png

Very nice, thanks @"theryaney" .

jswert123456 said:
I use a program called UNDercover and when I get ready to print , it gives me the option of printing As a dvd cover or blu Ray, and the blu Ray option has always fit in my standard cases

Don't worry about it. The DVD sized covers are enough.

Edit is now on ifdb and those interested should send me a PM. It's available in three flavours:

- 1080p Blu-Ray - 21GB (AC3 - 448kbs) (with animated chapter menus)
- 1080p MKV - 12GB (AC3 - 448kbs)
- 720p MP4 - 4GB (AC3 - 448kbs)

Good gravy the colors in this edit look fantastic! I really need to figure out the wizardry that you possess to make edits pop. Hats off again to the master of editing, TM2YC.

Nice work on those covers jswert123456 - PM sent concerning something about them.

Awesome edit TM2YC. So far this is probably my favorite edit of this film, although there are aspects of Digmodification's edit that I like as well. If I may pick a nit, I was wondering why it isn't presented with 5.1 audio? Was it too difficult to keep the channel separation intact because you rescored several scenes?

octoroxx said:
Awesome edit TM2YC. So far this is probably my favorite edit of this film, although there are aspects of Digmodification's edit that I like as well. If I may pick a nit, I was wondering why it isn't presented with 5.1 audio? Was it too difficult to keep the channel separation intact because you rescored several scenes?

I almost never do 5.1. R1 already had 15 audio tracks just to make the stereo mix. 5.1 would quadruple that (at least) which is too much of a headache for me personally. Another factor is only having the ability to play back stereo from my PC, so I couldn't really trust I'd got it right.

TM2YC said:
octoroxx said:

I almost never do 5.1. R1 already had 15 audio tracks just to make the stereo mix. 5.1 would quadruple that (at least) which is too much of a headache for me personally. Another factor is only having the ability to play back stereo from my PC, so I couldn't really trust I'd got it right.

Yeah, I definitely feel you there. It sounds like it was for the best then.

Finished viewing this and it was awesome!

The re-sequencing of the first 30 minutes or so makes a HUGE difference in the coherence and flow of the narrative. So much so that it boggles the mind that the theatrical version didn't mirror this one more closely. 

Great work!

JMarso said:
The re-sequencing of the first 30 minutes or so makes a HUGE difference in the coherence and flow of the narrative. So much so that it boggles the mind that the theatrical version didn't mirror this one more closely.

I think so too. I just wish there was some deleted footage to flesh out the characters in that first act but you've got to work with what you have.

For anyone who prefers their movies with subtitles: this impressive edit of Rogue One will have them in August. :)
I'll post in this thread when they're ready (after they receive TM2YC's blessing).

Watched the MP4 today, and had a very entertaining time.

I am not a Star Wars guy, though I do have a deep nostalgic fondness for the original trilogy and this fan edit does elicit a more classic Star Wars feel without being too fan oriented.   It is amazing how by simply (well, not simple from a technical stand point -- well done as always TM2YC) creating an original style opening immediately put me in the Star Wars zone.  But TM2YC does more than this of course.... his reordering/restructuring of scenes creates a more fluid narrative and the additional/alteration of music cues/score (TM2YC always does FANTASTIC music work and Rogue One is another shining example of his master craftsmanship) creates a more emotional connection to the story and it's characters.   While still not a perfect movie, TM2YC has done an exemplary job and for me has elevated the film above it's original cut.

My only nit pick observation, the time passage title card says "13 years later" but Jyn states in her interrogation with the Rebels that it has been 15 years since she last saw her father.  Unless I missed a detail...? lol

Otherwise, another excellent edit by the ever exceptional TM2YC.

bionicbob said:
My only nit pick observation, the time passage title card says "13 years later" but Jyn states in her interrogation with the Rebels that it has been 15 years since she last saw her father.  Unless I missed a detail...? lol

Oh yeah, you are right, she does say that. I looked up the official date gap when making that title (which is indeed 13-years) on Wookiepedia to make sure I got it right. Oh well :D .

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_One:_A_Star_Wars_Story

No doubt the 13-years thing is some way to square the circle of GL's insane 19-year post prequel timeline and the screenwriters were just stupidly going with logic and common sense ;) . Jyn's "15 years" line has probably already been retconed into her lying to her interrogators for some reason. I already pointed out earlier in the thread that Cassian states he has been fighting the Empire since he was "six years old", meaning the 36-year old Diego Luna was playing a 25-year old Cassian.

TM2YC said:
Oh yeah, you are right, she does say that. I looked up the official date gap when making that title (which is indeed 13-years) on Wookiepedia to make sure I got it right. Oh well :D .

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_One:_A_Star_Wars_Story

No doubt the 13-years thing is some way to square the circle of GL's insane 19-year post prequel timeline and the screenwriters were just stupidly going with logic and common sense ;) . Jyn's "15 years" line has probably already been retconed into her lying to her interrogators for some reason. I already pointed out earlier in the thread that Cassian states he has been fighting the Empire since he was "six years old", meaning the 36-year old Diego Luna was playing a 25-year old Cassian.

Works for me.  LOL.

I was able to watch this over the weekend, here's a quick review:

When I viewed Rogue One in the theater, I thought it was just OK. The story seemed choppy, the character development lacking, the action tedious, the music a bit flat, and there were a few cringe-worthy fan service scenes. TM2YC's edit has dramatically improved all these issues!

I had a much more enjoyable time watching this than the theatrical release. It flows better, and develops the characters more assuredly. The altered scene order makes more sense. The music changes gave me more emotional connection with the characters. I especially enjoyed the slight trims to the battle of Scarif (and Jen's ordeal in the tower) to make things flow more quickly.

The only thing I missed from the theatrical (and the only cut that I kind of noticed) was the abbreviated rebel conference, I would have preferred to have that entire scene, I think. Also, the audio seemed a bit uneven with explosions being really loud compared to vocals - but that could be the case in the source material.

But really, this is excellent work, and my new canon. Great job, TM2YC!

Sounds great, TM2YC. Do you have any plans for any scenes after those opening ones you list?

English subtitles are now available for Rogue One: Where Rebels Dare.

PM me, or @TM2YC, for the .srt file.

Back
Top Bottom