• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Over the last couple of years, a freelance computer graphic designer named DAVID KERIN has been releasing fan re-edits of episodes from the classic BATTLESTAR GALACTICA tv series.

His re-edits are masterfully done. He restores deleted scenes, replaces old f/x with new cgi, created new opening credits, and has created entire new scenes to enhance the episodes.

Thus far he has released the following:

SAGA OF A STAR WORLD -- an incredible re-edit of the 3 hour tv premiere, in which he has created amazing new extended effects of the final battle of the 12 colonies, along with restoring important character deleted scenes.

THE LIVING LEGEND -- re-edited the two part episode into a single movie with new effects.

EXPERIMENT IN TERRA and HAND OF GOD with new effect shots.

JUDGEMENT DAY-- a re-edit of the Galactica 1980 episode "The Return of Starbuck", in which Mr. Kerin has cleverly re-edited into a mythical second season episode of BSG with all new f/x and a completely new ending.

Currently, he is working on a re-edit of the 2 hour episode LOST PLANET OF THE GODS. It promises to be his best work to date. To see clips of his progress go to:

http://www.youtube.com/dkerin
Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

well, yeah, he created those things, but who has them and how do we get them to make them available for all of you? I contacted dkerin several times but was never successful in getting any fanedit he created.

He is a very busy guy. He usually posts them on Demonoid for very short periods of time in hopes some else will then take over seeding them.

I would be willing to make copies of my dvds and send them to someone who would be willing to host/upload them to a torrent or rapidshare. If anyone is interested they can PM me.

They are in the mail!!! :grin:

yes!!! I heard great things about these fanedits. The faneditor created new special effects for them and really improved them a lot. Can't wait to let you all see these gems.

Hi,

I have got the following in AVI format & can upload them to RS?

SAGA OF A STAR WORLD

THE LIVING LEGEND

HAND OF GOD

Let me know & will start uploading them

of course. Please do that.

I wish somebody would do this with Babylon 5....

David Kerin has updated his site with another new clip from his upcoming fan edit of "LOST PLANET OF THE GODS"....

Here is a copy of his post:

Hey all...

Working up a special inro for the LPOTG re-edit. I was very graciously emailed an audio clip that I thought would be great for an introduction to the episode. Audio quality is not the best, but still think it is special enough to use.

Also have new credit/opening for the re-edit.

And... it is now titled "The Tombs of Kobol".

If you want to check it out it is on my youtube page at...

Let me know what you think.

Dave

All BSG fans should definitely check this out! This is shaping up to be an absolutely amazin edit!!! :-D

THANKS!!!! Bionicbob sent me all the David Kerrin BSG DVDs and I will begin the upload soon. WOW! This is really heartwarming, exciting and cool all at the same time. :)

David Kerin has posted a new update for his fan edit of LOST PLANET OF THE GODS and clip on his youtube site:

Hey there everyone,

Work has been quite busy, keeping me from doing what helps me relax... which is of course... making spaceships go boom! Yes, there should be something more intellectual, but for some reason, this does it for me.

Anyway... I uploaded the rough cut of the Kobol battle for the LPOTG re-edit. Right now the shots pretty much replace the existing edit's shots. I'm going to go back and look at it, tweak it around, and see what shots I may want to add. The tricky thing in adding shots to this sequence to lengthen the time is they have a music soundtrack under the entire sequence. Thus if you add some time to the sequence the music stops. Not impossible, as a loud explosion or two can hide that matter, but have to get it right.

Enough of my early morning/can't sleep ramblings... if you would like to check it out it is at...

All the best,

Dave

David Kerin's latest fan edit to be released very, very soon!!!! :grin:

Here's an excerpt from his latest post:

DVD Covers would be great!

Actually, I rendered off the possible final version of the re-edit, and will be watching through it for any alterations I want to make before uploading it for people to download. So it is near... very near.

As for other re-edits, I think I will say right now that this one is my last. Of course I thought "Saga" was my last, until someone mentioned an interesting addition that could be made to Lost Planet of the Gods... so you never know. But for now, this one is it. I can't think of anything substantial that I want to add to another episode.

Personally, I would love someone(s) else out there to do some. Or ones I've already done. There is so much talent out there, and talent that can put the time and effort into it to really make it spectacular. These have been a fun escape for me, and I cannot thank you all enough for your positive feedback and suggestions. I did these for my enjoyment, as they are a direct evolution from that kid that sat at the coffee table drawing Vipers and Raiders on paper instead of doing homework for his 5th grade classes. If only then I could foresee the computer, internet, and program abilities that would allow me to do such things, I'd be a very rich person today.

Thanks go out to all of you... to the internet... to the programers who program programs that allow us to be creative (that's a mouth-full)... and to that special television show that seemed to spark some wonder and excitement in us that has yet to extinguish.

All the best,

Dave

(Will post when the final edit is uploaded. Will do it as a DVD ISO disc image so it can be burned to a DVD and viewed on a standard TV)

thanks Dave!for all your hard work on these dvd`s but how about some bit torrent releases instead of Rapidshare? it`s easier on the rest of us to get them that way instead of having to pay for Rapidshare.

Uh, no. All the major torrent sites are dead, and there are far too many leechers for anyone to be bothered with such an effort.

To be honest, though, we need a good alternative to RapidShare and newsgroups.

To be honest, though, we need a good alternative to RapidShare and newsgroups.
now I am curious? Why is that? And what should it be like?

More like something for the cheapskates (who don't want to pay for newsgroups) but don't want to wait 3 hours after downloading a measly 100MB.

There was a time, when we offered free ftp downloads. And guess what, the feature was hardly used, so we dropped it. I don't see any "cheap" alternative currently.
There is plenty of free stuff that willing people can do to let people get fanedits easily, but officially there is nothing. I am uploading about all the time to RS or seed torrents for others. I don't think I can do more.
What we really miss is those who are willing to share. It really is not a matter of the service.

boon23 said:
There was a time, when we offered free ftp downloads. And guess what, the feature was hardly used, so we dropped it. I don't see any "cheap" alternative currently.
There is plenty of free stuff that willing people can do to let people get fanedits easily, but officially there is nothing. I am uploading about all the time to RS or seed torrents for others. I don't think I can do more.
What we really miss is those who are willing to share. It really is not a matter of the service.

Well put Boon,and I am biting my tongue right now to not say anything harsh.

this is why torrents DO NOT work,damn cheapskates that just friggin hit and run.

I better end my post now LOL

Back
Top Bottom