• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

ReCut Podcast - PILOT EPISODE AVAILABLE NOW

@Ray Danger has confirmed too 🥳

Looks like we're heading to the ...
danger zone archer GIF

I think you should also interview @ChainsawAsh about how he manages to balance helping people with cover art with being so incredibly studly.

Last edited:
Woah, there is a Friday the 13th in May...
(was trying to quote ArtisDead. Apparently I don't know how...)

AI Fri-May the 13th, if you will. Personally I wouldn't but that's up to you.

The current plan is that @Possessed and I will record a pilot episode that I will then edit down to make a fluid, coherent episode.

Our process will involve both parties recording their side of the conversation via audacity and the. Syncing up the two conversations afterwards. This will avoid any bandwidth issues and will allow for greater freedom when adjusting levels or removing noises ect.

After I've edited the episode together I'll release as "episode zero" to take feedback/input from you.

In the meantime I'll record content with the other, checks notes, 10 guests while also starting to recording my deep dives and commentaries. This does mean I need to rewatch my edits 😬

One more suggestion: A lot of podcasts start off strong, but then fall away as the release schedule gets erratic and people stop listening. You might want to record a pilot, have some people preview it, then re-edit a V2 of the pilot before working on any more. Then create a backlog of 5-ish episodes to give yourself a month's buffer on creating more episodes (if you're going to be releasing weekly like most podcasts do). That way you don't end up with breaks in your release schedule early in your run.

Then create a backlog of 5-ish episodes to give yourself a month's buffer on creating more episodes

Oh yeah I'm planning on recording a bunch of content throughout March and April and will be looking at May for the first official episode so yeah plenty of time to get that buffer in. This will be my second podcast. My previous one was a fortnightly music one linked to my club night and it ran for 20 episodes (1 hour each) that only stopped because my daughter was born and I had less free time.

Well that was very productive!

I just finished a two hour call with @Bobson Dugnutt recording around 1:11 of content. We both recorded our sides of the conversation independently so now I'm going to cross the streams and edit our rambling chat down to around 30 minutes. I'll use this as the pilot to collect feedback etc

Shout out to @Possessed who pioneered this process with me earlier in the week I look forward to recording a longer chat with you soon.

I've got conversations lined up with @MusicEd921 @The Scribbling Man and @LastSurvivor coming up this week with more to follow soon.

I feel the overall episode plan will likely change so I'll update you on that.

Question;

Would you rather have a full pilot episode to listen and feedback on or would you prefer a shorter 10 minute proof of concept episode?

Is there a feed yet for this? Sounds like a good time.
If you’d like to ever have me on, I’m easy. Could cover the history of SW edits or whatever you’d like.

Is there a feed yet for this? Sounds like a good time.
If you’d like to ever have me on, I’m easy. Could cover the history of SW edits or whatever you’d like.

There is a link for the RSS feed but episodes won't officially launch until May.

For the time being I'm recording as many episodes as possible so I can have a bank to release.

I'd love to have you on as a guest.

Well let me know whenever you can and we’ll plan something. And if I can get the feed url I can subscribe now and wait for the first episode to pop up.

Well let me know whenever you can and we’ll plan something. And if I can get the feed url I can subscribe now and wait for the first episode to pop up.

Here you got, it was buried on the first page of this thread.

I'll DM you and we'll get it sorted

Your first interview with Bobson Dognutt turned out quite good.

As a non-english speaker (who, however, usually have no problems to watch movies in english without any form of added translation) I'd probably prefer written version.
Struggling hard to understand what's being said, especially that there seems to be some heavy distortion on the voice of one of the participants (feels like it was filtered or something?). Maybe some better recording equipment next time would help?

Last edited:
I enjoyed that (and I agree: Milkman Conspiracy's Anchorman 2 cut is excellent btw).

My main comment really is audio quality. As the host, I would recommend you get yourself a decent mic and interface. you don't need to splash out to get something that will sound better than a laptop mic (not sure what your using, but that's how it came across). You'll have less control over what guests can use, but if they have the means I would encourage them to use similar gear. It just makes words clearer and a polished sound is more pleasant to listen to. Also, for what is just recorded on a laptop mic or similar, some basic compression will help an even volume and EQ will help some of the tinny frequencies that come through.

As a non-english speaker I'd probably prefer written version.

That wouldn't be a podcast. The job of transcribing the entire podcast is not something I plan on undertaking at this moment.

Re: Audio, I'll feed that back go @Bobson Dugnutt

Back
Top Bottom