• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

ReCut Podcast - PILOT EPISODE AVAILABLE NOW

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Polish_20220227_081432442.jpg

As some of you may know I've been logging my daily fanediting activity in this thread here. I've enjoyed the exercise so much thatve decided to start a weekly podcast where I interview faneditors, discuss Fanedits and talk about methodology, tools and spitball ideas. I plan on doing a deep dive into each of my twelve edits along the way and will be recording watch-along commentaries for each as I revisit them. Episodes will be around 25 minutes long with the aim to start releasing them weekly in April.

Proposed Episode List:
This list will be updated as more guests are confirmed and topics are choosen
  1. Desperately Seeking Approval - Guest Jrzag42. A discussion of how I started fanediting and became an approved IFDB editor
  2. Thor: Odinson - Deep Dive + Commentary
  3. Favourite freeware - [Guest]
  4. Driver - Deep Dive + Commentary
  5. Digmodification interview
  6. The Coaxium Heist - Review/Rewatch
  7. Workflows - [Guest]
  8. Thor: Odinson - Godsized Edition - Deep Dive + Commentary
  9. AI - Topaz and Lalal - [Guest]
  10. Godzilla vs The World - Deep Dive + Commentary
  11. Bobson Dugnutt interview
  12. Age Of Ultron Extinction Edition Review
  13. [Guest]
  14. Planetfall - Deep Dive + Commentary
  15. [Guest]
  16. The House of Abrasax - Deep Dive + Commentary
  17. Faneditor interview
  18. Review/Rewatch
  19. [Guest]
  20. Infinity Thor - Deep Dive + Commentary
  21. [Guest]
  22. A Better Day To Die Hard - Deep Dive + Commentary
  23. Faneditor interview
  24. Review/Rewatch
  25. [Guest]
  26. Dino Crisis - Deep Dive + Commentary
  27. [Guest]
  28. Infinite Spider-Man - Deep Dive + Commentary
  29. Faneditor interview
  30. Review/Rewatch
  31. [Guest]
  32. Valerian: No Love Lost Edition - Deep Dive + Commentary
  33. [Guest]
  34. The Matrix: Rebellion - Deep Dive + Commentary
  35. Faneditor interview
  36. Review/Rewatch

If you're a community member and want to be a [Guest] or a faneditor who wants to be either a [Guest] or an [Interviewee] please DM me. Please note that [Guest]s can select the topic they wish to discuss on their episode.

Thanks to @The Scribbling Man @lapis molari @Jrzag42 @Darth Kermit @Last Impressions @Ryantology for supporting this idea.

Last edited:

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So that's @spence and @Possessed onboard too now. That's 7 guests so far!

Really looking forward to this. I'm thinking it makes sense to release early May as that's my anniversary of joining this community.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I will confirm, as well. Not sure what subject...Maybe...Narrative. the importance of telling the story. Or retelling?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fantastic, we have 9 11 guests so far! I shall be DMing each of them to confirm their topic of choice, their episode format, their preferred edit for me to review and set dates to record their episode(s). I'll update this post as I receive that information. Currently I'm planning this across 4 different time zones so logistically it's going to take some work but after two years of being in this community I'm really excited to engage with you on a different level

As it stands...

Jrzag42 - General discussion
Digmodification (Interview/Coaxium Heist)
Bobson Dugnutt (Interview/Age of Ultron Extinction Edition)
The Scribbling Man - Undecided
Last Survivor - Undecided
Spence - Discussing Action and Pacing
Possessed - (Interview)
ArtisDead - Discussing Narratives
Problem Eliminator - Undecided
Wraith - Undecided
Ray Danger - Undecided

I'm going to draft so standard interview questions but if there are certain questions you'd like included in the interviews stick them in this thread and I'll add them to the list.

As we approach the release of Episode 1 I will ask the mods delete all these initial admin posts from this thread so that it can remain focused on the weekly episodes and the discussion of them.

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would highly recommend inviting @Wraith to discuss Split Unbreakable Glass and the parallel edit, Unbreakable Glass Split. There is SO much there to talk about. Layers and layers of narrative restructuring, invisible cuts, new foley, etc. Their edits are garnering quite a bit of attention outside of fanediting forums. There is even rumors of talks with a major director's publicity people about a certain edit. Just saying...

Darth Kermit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seconded, Wraith is a fantastic editor and a great person based on all our conversations. I’d love to hear more of his insight, and how he continues to update The Godfather.

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Seconded, Wraith is a fantastic editor and a great person based on all our conversations. I’d love to hear more of his insight, and how he continues to update The Godfather.
Actually, I believe that @Wraith was just interviewed by some major internet publication about their Godfather edits.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The French “interview was a waste of time. I was sent the French article yesterday (which is behind a paywall) made a glancing ref to the edit and also injudiciously referred to fanedits in a less than accurate light ( though it does state at least someone is preserving this). I sent him an email suggesting he correct the article.

However….
Count me in on this… Subjects, SUG, UGS and how to create insatiable viewing appetite for material people “think” they know…

Top Bottom