• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Wars The Dark Redemption - The FanFilm Edit (COMPLETED w/new audio mix)

Great job on this. I wish the picture quality was better but I undertsand you were limited with the source material.

Hi, Katie! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

First of all, the sound is much better. I didn't have any trouble hearing anything.

It did seem like there was a difference in sound levels during the couple of times that you switched to scenes from A New Hope and Dark Redemption. The ANH stuff was noticeably quieter than the other footage (but still audible). If you ever do another pass, you might want to play around with that a bit more for better balance.

But narratively and visually speaking, the flow between the added scenes and the original ones is great, and your use of John Williams music is very effective.

Great job! I look forward to future efforts from you. :)

TomH1138 said:
Hi, Katie! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

First of all, the sound is much better. I didn't have any trouble hearing anything.

It did seem like there was a difference in sound levels during the couple of times that you switched to scenes from A New Hope and Dark Redemption. The ANH stuff was noticeably quieter than the other footage (but still audible). If you ever do another pass, you might want to play around with that a bit more for better balance.

But narratively and visually speaking, the flow between the added scenes and the original ones is great, and your use of John Williams music is very effective.

Great job! I look forward to future efforts from you. :)

Thanks so much, TomH1138!!!  Glad you enjoyed it! As is happens, I am looking at this film edit yet again to see what I can do with it. As you may have noticed, I added Episode IV into the new crawl (which is much better I think that the last couple I did). This addition is because I am now planning to do what I am calling the Star Wars FanFilm saga. Next up is Episode V, which Im already planning out with a Battle Of Hoth & potentially some Lando Calrissian in there too (so basically mashing up the fanfilms Cold Patrol, IMPS Chapter 2, Broken Allegiance & Blackstar Warrior at this point, tho more fanfilms may be utilized, or rather, elements of them, at a later time), logically followed by Epsode VI, which I want to have a Battle Of Endor included within. To this end, since I finshed the current version of my edit now up in this thread, I have been looking for fanfilms & vfx footage that can be used in my edits. While I have no problems with using official audio, both dialogue & music score, from the films & tv series, my rule for video footage is going to be to stick with fanfilm footage already shot that has no copyright issues. Since Star Wars fanfilms already use copyrighted music,  see no difference if I use the same audio elements as well but stay to non-copyrighted, fan shot video footage. as well as footage from short independent film as well. This also makes the editing a bit more interesting for me to do as well & will hopefully force me to be creative with shots. Ive already started gathering video material to potentially be used so, while work is progressing slowly on the sequels Im planning to do, it has begun lol should there be an interest & enough material for me to work with, I may go & do a Star War FanFilm prequel trilogy for Episodes I to III as well.

NB The addition to TDR that I am thinking of adding now is the Death Star assault over Yavin. I have been gathering footage lately, Im jut not sure if the addition is warranted lol

Ive also got a few other ideas right now for fan film edits but I will likely put those aside until after the SW FanFilm original trilogy edits are completed at the very least lol thanks for watching!

Depending on reactions here, Im considering starting a Youtube channel for all these fan edits, after all, there are so many fanfilms out there using copyrighted audio in them posted to Youtube, it really shouldnt be an issue...

That all sounds exciting! Thanks for the updates. :D

Blackstar Warrior just showed up in my Facebook feed again the other day. What a terrific, crazy fan film!

Back
Top Bottom