• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Converting Digital Downloads

I couldnt figure out what movie you're trying to do, but a lot of movies dont have the extra detail to warrant 4k. For example, i compared shang chi 4k vs 1080p and i couldnt find additional detail anywhere. A digital download is designed for streaming so any additional detail would most certainly be crushed anyway. Upscaling with something like topaz would potentially give a perception of an improvement, but i personally would use that sparingly as its not authentic.
with regards to colour data, 4k releases are generally in hdr, so there is additional colour data but i am not sure how workable that is.
Thanks, yeah I agree. And in regards to the HDR I’ll probably convert it to SDR honestly considering the extra scenes are 1080p SDR and isn’t worth the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom