• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Your Personal Library

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Nearly definitive (Douglas Adams)
Books of Blood (Clive Barker)
Nightmares and Dreamscapes (Stephen King)
The Crow Graphic Novel (James OBarr)
StarShip Titanic (Terry Jones)
Grimm's Fairytales (Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm)
Divine Comedy (Dante Alighieri, translated by Alan Mandelbaum)
Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town (Richard Saul Wurman, David Lynch, Mark Frost)
Jason vs. Freddy vs Ash Complete Edition (James Kuhoric)

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Nearly definitive (Douglas Adams)
Books of Blood (Clive Barker)
Nightmares and Dreamscapes (Stephen King)
The Crow Graphic Novel (James OBarr)
StarShip Titanic (Terry Jones)
Grimm's Fairytales (Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm)
Divine Comedy (Dante Alighieri, translated by Alan Mandelbaum)
Twin Peaks: An Access Guide to the Town (Richard Saul Wurman, David Lynch, Mark Frost)
Jason vs. Freddy vs Ash Complete Edition (James Kuhoric)
I also have The Crow Graphic Novel. I was at a comic convention and he showed up unannounced. So I went to all the dealers to find a copy and bought it so I could get his autograph. I loved the movie and then I read the graphic novel after meeting him and loved the book even more!

@lantern51 When I got mine the video store was running a special. U got the VHS tape, t-shirt, and a collector's edition novel. Now I feel really old cause I got it in high-school lol.

Just bought a box of 117 assorted comics from a flea market. I couldn't decide what to get, and the guy said l could take the whole box if l want, and he'd give it to me for a dollar per comic. Nice old guy, he told me he'd count them up, and if l then decided that l didn't want them it wasn't a problem. It ended up not being as much as l expected and l rolled with it. Lot's of good stuff that l'll definitely read. When l get home l plan on sorting them all out.

ADDED

• M (Jon J Muth)
  • Mythology of the Americas (Cottie Burland, Irene Nicholson, & Harold Osborne)
  • The Power of Myth (Joseph Campbell & Bill Moyers)
  • Titans: The Heroic Visions of Boris Vallejo and Julie Bell (Nigel Suckling)

More flea market junk, today l bought a box of assorted science fiction and mystery anthology magazines, mostly from the 90s but some from the 80s. Most of it comprises of Analog Science Fiction and Fact, Ellery Queen, and Fantasy & Science Fiction, with the occasional Asimov's Science Fiction, Science Digest, and Alfred Hitchcock Mystery. I have no idea what l'm getting myself into, but it was five bucks and l thought it'd be fun, might discover a few hidden Jems.

Also found Frank Miller's Sin City collected, l don't actually know anything about the series but l always meant to check it out.

Also also grabbed The Far Side Gallery 3.

Also also also grabbed some assorted Valiant comics, because surely if l like XO Manowar l'll like everthing else, right? And lastly, from the same vendor, l nabbed Heir to the Empire.

What software do you all use to track your books? I'm tempted to track it better so I stop ending up with extra copies of books but so far I haven't found a good scanner app that makes it easy to build and track the collection.

I use DVD Profiler to track my disc collection and Emby to track my digital media collection (it even tracks my Audible and old CD rips along with DRM free ebooks) but I've never found a good physical book tracker.

ADDED

• Ancient Egypt: An Illustrated Reference to the Myths, Religions, Pyramids and Temples of the Land of the Pharaohs (Lorna Oakes & Lucia Gahlin)
  • Ancient Israel: Myths & Legends (Angelo S. Rappoport)
  • The Big Book of Hell (Matt Groening)
  • The Lord of the Rings: One Volume Edition with the Index and Appendices (J. R. R. Tolkien)
  • Simpsons Super Spectacular #16 (Ian Boothby & Chuck Dixon)
  • Tanakh: A New Translation of the Holy Scriptures According to the Traditional Hebrew Text (published by Jewish Publication Society)

WEEDED

• The Bell Jar (Sylvia Plath)
  • Forged: Writing in the Name of God – Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are (Bart D. Ehrman)
  • The Hellbound Heart (Clive Barker)
  • The Other Bible (edited by Willis Barnstone)

The Big Book of Hell (Matt Groening)
Funny enough, I got How To Go To Hell the other day. Somehow I had never heard of Life In Hell before (I knew Groening had some project before The Simpsons involving rabbits, but that's it). It's a neat comic.

Anyone read the DC storyline Convergence? Me neither. At the flea market I happened to find a bunch of issues amongst other comics, and I figured I don't usually see so many loose isues of specific storylines all together, so I got them all. Got a good deal too, 64 comics for 25 USD. Then I looked it up, and there's apparently around 89 issues total. Then I got home and looked over my spoils, to find that 17 are repeats, leaving 47 issues, and none of them are part of the 8-issue core series. Only 15 of the miniserieses are complete, leaving 17 stray issues, and 8 of the miniserieses are completely missing.
I'm not sure if I should bother reading any of these at this point, I'll likely be left unsatisfied. I'm not even sure if the storyline is supposed to be any good or not. I really jumped the gun, and I don't care because it makes for a funny story.

Anyone read the DC storyline Convergence? Me neither. At the flea market I happened to find a bunch of issues amongst other comics, and I figured I don't usually see so many loose isues of specific storylines all together, so I got them all. Got a good deal too, 64 comics for 25 USD. Then I looked it up, and there's apparently around 89 issues total. Then I got home and looked over my spoils, to find that 17 are repeats, leaving 47 issues, and none of them are part of the 8-issue core series. Only 15 of the miniserieses are complete, leaving 17 stray issues, and 8 of the miniserieses are completely missing.
I'm not sure if I should bother reading any of these at this point, I'll likely be left unsatisfied. I'm not even sure if the storyline is supposed to be any good or not. I really jumped the gun, and I don't care because it makes for a funny story.

Cut 'em up and make some collages. I've gotten lots of mileage out of otherwise useless comics that way.

ADDED

• The Brother of Jesus and the Lost Teachings of Christianity (Jeffrey J. Bütz)
  • Marvel Milestone Edition: Amazing Fantasy #15 (Stan Lee & Steve Ditko)
  • Matilda (Roald Dahl)
  • The Nag Hammadi Scriptures: The Revised and Updated Translation of Sacred Gnostic Texts Complete in One Volume (edited by Marvin Meyer)
  • The Quest for the Historical Jesus: A Critical Study of Its Progress from Reimarus to Wrede (Albert Schweitzer)
  • Star Trek Phase II: The Lost Series (Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens)
  • Star Wars: The Protocol Offensive (Anthony Daniels, Ryder Windham, & Igor Kordey)

Went to the comic store to buy some over priced comics, because spending money is the ultimate cure for depression!
We gotz: Star Trek Countdown, because I love ST09 and Nemesis and I like the idea of a comic bridging the gap; Volume 2 of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol, because I just finished season 1 of the show and wanted to check out the comic, they unfortunately didn't have Volume 1 but I figured I have enough context to figure it out; and lastly, Volume 1 of Sandman, because I started reading it a while ago and wanted to get back into it.
I have a habit of buying comics and never reading them, but that's gonna change. As soon as I finish reading 'Salem's Lot, I'm going to start bringing comics to work to read on break, probably starting with the X-Factor volume I bought months ago.

WEEDED

• The Hellbound Heart (Clive Barker)

Changed my mind. I ever remain the fickle bitch.

ADDED

• The Dhammapada: Verses on the Way (translated by Glenn Wallis)
  • Hellboy: The Storm and the Fury (Mike Mignola & Duncan Fegredo)
  • Marx & Engels: Basic Writings on Politics & Philosophy (edited by Lewis S. Feuer)
  • The Superman/Madman Hullabaloo! (Mike Allred)

ADDED

• Ghost Story (Peter Straub)
  • Roots: The Saga of an American Family (Alex Haley)
  • Solar Lottery (Philip K. Dick)
  • Where's Waldo? The Ultimate Waldo-Watcher Collection (Martin Handford)

I Now own all of Deathmate, for whatever that's worth ($4.50, that's what it's worth). Can't wait to be confused.

ADDED

• The 12th Planet (Zecharia Sitchin)
  • The Art of Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (Formerly Titled The Art of Return of the Jedi) (published by Random House, Inc.)
  • The Cult of Alien Gods: H. P. Lovecraft and Extraterrestrial Pop Culture (Jason Colavito)
  • Dakwäkãda Warriors (Cole Pauls)
  • The Dark Horse Book of Horror (edited by Katii O'Brien)
  • Gleanings from the Writings of Baháʼu'lláh (translated by Shoghi Effendi)
  • Penguins and Golden Calves: Icons and Idols (Madeleine L'Engle)
  • Serial Movie Posters (edited by Bruce Hershenson & Richard Allen)

ADDED

• 20th Century Ghosts (Joe Hill)
  • The Best of Roald Dahl (published by the Penguin Group)
  • Dune Messiah (Frank Herbert)
  • Bartman: The Best of the Best! (edited by Bill Morrison)
  • The Bermuda Triangle Mystery – Solved (Lawrence David Kusche)
  • Blacksad (Juan Díaz Canales & Juanjo Guarnido)
  • Christianity After Religion: The End of Church and the Birth of a New Spiritual Awakening (Diana Butler Bass)
  • Canticle of the Sun (Francis of Assisi & Frank Missant)
  • Dan Dare Pilot of the Future: Voyage to Venus Part 1 (Frank Hampson)
  • Dan Dare Pilot of the Future: Voyage to Venus Part 2 (Frank Hampson)
  • Eerie Archives, Vol. 2 (edited by Shawna Gore)
  • Eerie Archives, Vol. 3 (edited by Shawna Gore)
  • The Evolution of God (Robert Wright)
  • The Long Loneliness: An Autobiography (Dorothy Day)
  • The Mammoth Book of Best Horror Comics (edited by Peter Normanjon)
  • The Oxford Book of Narrative Verse (edited by Iona & Peter Opie)
  • The Poetry of Mao Tse-Tung (translated by Hua-ling Nieh Engle & Paul Engle)
  • Silence (Shūsaku Endō)
  • Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (Vonda N. McIntyre)
  • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (Vonda N. McIntyre)
  • The Tibetan Book of the Dead (translated by Gyurme Dorje)

WEEDED

• The Price of the Phoenix (Sondra Marshak & Myrna Culbreath)
  • The Fate of the Phoenix (Sondra Marshak & Myrna Culbreath)
  • Simpsons Classics #3 (edited by Bill Morrison)

Last edited:
ADDED

• The Triumph of Christianity: How a Forbidden Religion Swept the World (Bart D. Erhman)

WEEDED

• Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Frank Miller)
  • The Hellbound Heart (Clive Barker) (yes, again)
  • The Oxford Book of Narrative Verse (edited by Iona & Peter Opie)
  • Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth (Reza Aslan)

I have too many books, many I should probably weed, but parting with books is like severing a limb. If only I read as many as I collect so the choice would be easier....

Last edited:
ADDED

• Batman: The Jiro Kuwata Batmanga, Volume 1 (translated by Sheldon Drzka)
  • Batman: The Jiro Kuwata Batmanga, Volume 2 (translated by Sheldon Drzka)
  • Gods, Rites, Rituals and Religion of Ancient Egypt (Lucia Gahlin)
  • Kingdom Come (Mark Waid & Alex Ross)
  • Star Wars: I, Jedi (Michael A. Stackpole) (hardcover)

WEEDED

• Star Wars: I, Jedi (paperback)

Back
Top Bottom