• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Your Most Rewatchable Movies

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last night we watched a short documentary on Martha Mitchell and her effect on the Watergate scandal. After the doc I had the unavoidable urge to put on All the President’s Men. It’s a movie I’ve seen dozens of times and I’m still riveted every time. We all know many here will rewatch Star Wars, LotR, etc. movies. But what are some of your lesser talked about frequent rewatches?

Mine are kind of a long list, I like rewatching things that evoke a certain emotion or mood.

Favorites:
Columbus (2017) (slightly edited)
The Gentlemen (2019) (edited to remove narrator)
Virginia Minnesota (2019) (slightly edited)
Youth (2015) (heavily edited into short film)

Other frequent:
Dr Who (Matt Smith/Jenna Coleman series of 9 episodes)
Impulse (2018) (season 2, edited)
Riviera (2017) (s1/s2, edited)
Shadow & Bone (2021) (s1, trimmed side plot)
Sweetbitter (2018) (edited)
Upload (2021) (s1)
You're The Worst (2014) (edited)

Various honorable mentions that I return to occasionally:
Altered Carbon (2018) (s1)
Hunter Killer (2018)
Life As We Know It (2010)
Palm Springs (2020)
Polar (2019) (slightly edited)
The Age of Adeline (2015)
The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) (slightly edited)
Tomorrowland (2015)
Too Big to Fail (2011)
Wildlike (2014) (slightly edited)

Most of the action-oriented ones are in the honorable mentions section, except for The Gentlemen, that has a fantastic vibe and flow, probably the best film Guy Ritchie has made. It's okay with the narrator, but once you edit him out it's fantastic since he interrupts the flow and only tells you things you later see on screen anyway. The other favorites and frequent tend to be pretty chill experiences.

Buckaroo Banzai
Hellraiser 1, 2, 4, and 5
Blade Runner
Batman Forever
Attack of the Clones
Star Trek V
Little Monsters (the one with Howie Mandel)
Clerks
Dr Strangelove

Just off the top of my head. I know I'm a weird one.

My list of high rewatchability (Obscure or not) would have to be:

Heavy Metal
Back to the Future
Galaxy Quest
Big Trouble in Little China
Jurassic Park
Apocalypse Now (Theatrical version)
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Tropic Thunder
King Kong (1933)
The Truman Show
Goldfinger
Skyfall
Goodfellas
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Labyrinth
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The City of Lost Children
and finally...
Who Killed Captain Alex? (Sorry, can't resist)

Back to the Future, any Indy film, Iron Man, Hot Fuzz, Ocean's 11, Toy Story 1/2, Star Wars, Spider-Man, Airplane, Army of Darkness, Days of Future Past, Guardians of the Galaxy, Scooby-Doo, and more!

Muh Top 10 Comfy Movie List:

Into the Spider-Verse
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The Big Lebowski
Best in Show
The Wrong Guy
BTTF 2
Phantom of the Paradise
Under the Silver Lake
Dawn of the Dead
F For Fake (I want to hang out with Orson Welles and an art forger and his monkey on Ibiza, so what)

My most watched movies - probably because I owned them as a kid
1. Major league
2. Ghostbusters
3. Labyrinth
4. Nightmare before Christmas

But now what do I like rewatching ? Great question! Probably something by Martin Scorsese - my appreciation for him has grown over the years.

My most watched movies - probably because I owned them as a kid
1. Major league
2. Ghostbusters
3. Labyrinth
4. Nightmare before Christmas

But now what do I like rewatching ? Great question! Probably something by Martin Scorsese - my appreciation for him has grown over the years.
Major League was a real big one for me as a kid. I should give it a rewatch. Hot Shots Part Deux was in heavy rotation too. Too bad Charlie Sheen couldn't keep it together, he had a real hot streak there...

Major League was a real big one for me as a kid. I should give it a rewatch. Hot Shots Part Deux was in heavy rotation too. Too bad Charlie Sheen couldn't keep it together, he had a real hot streak there...

I just saw the Hot Shots! duology only recently. Definitely worth rewatching if you're a fan of Airplane! and The Naked Gun. I haven't seen Major League, though. Guess I'll have to add that one to the watchlist.

I just saw the Hot Shots! duology only recently. Definitely worth rewatching if you're a fan of Airplane! and The Naked Gun. I haven't seen Major League, though. Guess I'll have to add that one to the watchlist.
My review:

48bf1793-f47d-46d1-a37c-a1dda6487a0a_text.gif

Here are probably my most watched movies.

Shaun Of The Dead (2004)
Hot Fuzz (2007)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Mean Girls (2004)
21 Jump Street (2012)
The Breakfast Club (1985)
Back To The Future Trilogy
Spider-Man Tobey Maguire Trilogy
Rocky 1-4
Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Sing Street (2016)
Get Out (2017)
Paul (2009)
Wanted (2008)
12 Angry Men (1955)

Oh man I saw part deux in the movie theaters ! I loved Charlie sheen - young guns was another heavy rotation film

I wouldn't say it's my favorite movie, but the movie I've seen the most is probably The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've seen it at least once a year since I first watched it at a friend's house in 1998. I can't think of any other movie I've watched 25+ times.

Tomorrowland (2015)

That "movie" really is the secret to immortality - you think you're living forever, but you're actually actively rotting away inside.

Anyhow, I could probably watch Valkyrie more than any other film, even the handful I love more.

you're actually actively rotting away inside
lol you really seem to hate that movie, apparently for all the reasons I enjoy it. It's a fun scifi romp with some retro-futurism, positive vibes, and a bit of family-friendly action to round it out. Being offended by it is like being offended by Twix because it isn't a Snickers. In a community that loves silly nerd shit like Star Wars it's ironic to complain about Tomorrowland :)

I found that most of my rewatchables have been less and less rewatched over the years. Some of them were named more than once here already, but other than that, I still rewatch
Shawshank Redemption
Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
Beetlejuice
Fargo
The shining

A few that spring to mind:

Grosse Pointe Blank
Baby Driver
Arthur Christmas

Buckaroo Banzai
Hellraiser 1, 2, 4, and 5
Blade Runner
Batman Forever
Attack of the Clones
Star Trek V
Little Monsters (the one with Howie Mandel)
Clerks
Dr Strangelove

Just off the top of my head. I know I'm a weird one.
Adding on to this,
Reservoir Dogs
The Wall
Blue Velvet
Dark Man
Army Of Darkness
Your Name
From Dusk Till Dawn
Zack Snyder's Dawn Of The Dead
Zodiac
Batman 89
Hellboy II