• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

You Want Fame?

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You Want Fame?

With the dominance of reality TV cluttering the airwaves, it seems that Fame is the most desired want. Maybe Fame to achieve success and riches but Fame non-the-less. Talent shows, mainly featuring Simon Cowell are the most watched and profitable.

So what do you think of Fame? Would you want it? And what talent do you think you have that could make you Famous?

"If your lifeguard duties were as good as your singing, a lot of people would be drowning."
 Simon Cowell quote

Nah, I'm too much of an introvert.

bin there,done that...next? :D

No thanks. I value my anonymity.
I really dont know how all those famous people deal w/ the paparazzi and constant hounding.
although, when I was a kid I was in local TV ads for the clothing store my dad worked at :)

There was a comedian I saw once who put reality TV into perfect perspective...
The problem with TV now is that talent is being replaced by willingness.

If these people are famous isn't the issue. WHY are they famous? What have they accomplished? What have they done that people should admire them for? What are they contributing to the entertainment industry to make it better? All three can be answered with the same word.

Nothing.

If I ever become famous or known for something, I want it to be on purpose, not because I was too stupid to pay attention to what was going on and someone happened to have a camera handy.

With the rise of celebrities I no longer associate Talent with Fame.

There are so many famous people today who are clearly void of any talent & human worth that I think the idea of being famous is a complete turn off.

Here's what Ricky Gervais said to a journalist on Fame.

"She asked me what advice I would have for anybody who wanted to become famous. I said: 'Murder a prostitute'. The point was that you shouldn't want to be famous just to be famous. Somehow infamy and fame have got muddled up today."

If I can be known (not really "famous", but known) for my work, if people think what I do is cool, THEN why not. It is nice to see my work appreciate. And I'm talking in general here, not just fanedit. I have made some music and often played concert in the past, so I can't say I'm introvert. I like to be on the spotlight, but for a good reason. To propose something.
If "fame" is the only goal, no thanks. That way it brings more problem than good things I think.

i'd be ok with being a film director and being known for that... that's about the only kind of "fame" i would want...

Had it last year - didn't like it...don't have a very thick skin.

what did you have fame for? in a general sense if you don't want to be specific.

Interesting. I hope you get residuals.

I didn't at the time to avoid criticism about doing it for money. We've given alot of money to charity. But I make a bit of money now. Not much and not enough to live on.

But my god, there are some nasty, snarling people out there that just want to rip you to shreds....no thanks.

Time will be the healer with that one and in time if someone tries to take it away, they will all unite and say it is ours, how dare you!

Back
Top Bottom