• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

You know you're a fan editor when . . .

Neglify said:
"You Know You're A Faneditor When..."

You check to make sure no TMBTM or L8wrtr Star Wars edits are coming out any time soon because you want people to see your edit as well.

I can't comment on L8's edits because I haven't seen any of his work, but I think your point should be applied to any Star Wars edit, and anything released by TMBTM.

...when your firstling is a great star wars edit and you lose to a filmumentary, no wait, thats just bad luck.

Neglify said:
Well, to be fair, this new idea is even more basic. There are thousands of people who have fanedited something, but don't have a faneditor badge. Just search "Mashup" in YouTube.

I appreciated the clarification, Neg. It may be years before I can qualify for a badge, but I've posted a few silly little things on YouTube (that took me weeks or months to put together), so I like to think of myself as a fan editor. :)

In hindsight, that would've worked. I just thought it was ridiculous enough that no one would think it would actually happen. Anyway:

...when you want Highlander films that don't leave you feeling empty after watching them.

1.When you recognize footage from one movie that was re-used in another movie for another film (ex- them using the SAME EXACT shots of the meteors coming to Earth in both Transformers, & Transformers Dark of the Moon.)

2.When you know what score being used when watching trailers at the movie theater.

3.When you recognize stock sound effects from the George Lucas sound library.

4.When your wathcing a movie & seeing which scenes you can use in another one of your fan edit projects that has nothing to do with the movie your watching.

You see a videotape rip and the first thing you think is it's been grindhoused. "Hey, that looks pretty realistic."

I watched the The Hitcher (2007) and i immediately wanted to change the soundtrack from generic rock and Nine Inch Nails - Closer to something else as well as remove a few lines.

Damn my inability to fanedit.

Sorry to resurrect this super-old thread, but I thought of a few more today.

You know you're a fan editor (or at least someone who's really into fan edits) when...

...you have a problem finding the discs with edits that you've downloaded, so you start sorting them into the cases for the respective movies. "Let's see, I can put Ridiculous Menace in the Ep. I case; the Deharmonized Star Wars and Deleted Magic in the Ep. IV case..."

...you have a serious internal debate when one edit features multiple movies: "Should I put War of the Stars II: The Future in Motion in the Empire case or the Jedi case?"

...you have a new problem: You're running out of room in your cases.

Ha, so true!

...every time you read about Room being nominated for Best Picture, you think for a split second that people are talking about THE Room with Tommy Wiseau.

"Oh hai Academy! This is For Your Consideration, okay?"

^Funny, but I don't know if that's really a sign of being a faneditor. More a sign of having awesome taste in movies.

TomH1138 said:
...you have a new problem: You're running out of room in your cases.

Tom, I use paper sleeves. Takes up a hell of a lot less space.

21_PapertyvekCDSLEEVEPAPER.jpg

Or are you running out of room in the cases holding countless sleeved discs?

Paper sleeves do take up less space but don't do anything for display purposes.

Vultural said:
Tom, I use paper sleeves. Takes up a hell of a lot less space.

21_PapertyvekCDSLEEVEPAPER.jpg

Or are you running out of room in the cases holding countless sleeved discs?

But then I couldn't look at this every day:

b4f0e2bc4a53d03e0e5a145cf2e5fb26.jpg

thecuddlyninja said:
But then I couldn't look at this every day:

b4f0e2bc4a53d03e0e5a145cf2e5fb26.jpg

Whoa, you know you're a serious faneditor when you have a shelf that is full of only fanedits.

addiesin said:
Whoa, you know you're a serious faneditor when you have a shelf that is full of only fanedits.

That's in my living room - I've got a bookcase downstairs with more. :)

that bobble head really ties that bookshelf together.

You Know . . . . When...
-when you catch a movie on a normal tv channel and get confused over all the additional scenes then realize, oh yeah, this is the tripe the studio released. (has happened to me with Transformers and the Prequels.)

and, if i'm reading him correctly, the paper sleeves won't work for [MENTION=7530]TomH1138[/MENTION] because he's putting discs of edits inside the studio release of the movie. except he's got several edits of a single title and won't all fit in standard studio disc case.

Back
Top Bottom