• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wraith Wins December 2023 FEOTM

Looks good on my end, thank you!

I for one, would love to have 5 hr versions of all 3 LOTR entries.
I think that's why these Hobbit edits are so good. Many of them are around 3.5-4hrs long so to me they feel like the Extended Version of what a one-off Hobbit movie could have been.

Also it's funny how many times The Hobbit has won, that just goes to show how absolutely disappointing the originals are and how a skilled editor without the pressure of a studio forcing a trilogy might have succeeded in making something really great.
I think that's why these Hobbit edits are so good. Many of them are around 3.5-4hrs long so to me they feel like the Extended Version of what a one-off Hobbit movie could have been.

Having so much material available makes the editing possibilities near-endless, the runtimes of the six winning edits that cover the whole trilogy range from 228 to 395 minutes out of 474 (theatrical) or 532 (extended) minutes officially. I remember also being amazed on seeing @spence's fantastic version and how it spanned a mere 195 minutes, can't imagine it getting any shorter than this!

Would be interesting if there was a way to quantitatively compare the changes made across the different edits (seeing what the most commonly made changes are etc.), but that would be a bit of a challenge!

Having so much material available makes the editing possibilities near-endless, the runtimes of the six winning edits that cover the whole trilogy range from 228 to 395 minutes out of 474 (theatrical) or 532 (extended) minutes officially. I remember also being amazed on seeing @spence's fantastic version and how it spanned a mere 195 minutes, can't imagine it getting any shorter than this!

Would be interesting if there was a way to quantitatively compare the changes made across the different edits (seeing what the most commonly made changes are etc.), but that would be a bit of a challenge!
I do have an unreleased 2.5 hr version….but it needs some work to upgrade from a rushed hacked journey to a well paced one….it defo can be done…

Congratulations Wraith. You keep adding to your already stellar legacy.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Congrats on another win, so much dedication and hard work go into these! Much deserved!

Back
Top Bottom