• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wraith Wins December 2023 FEOTM

Congratulations, my friend! This award has been described as "favorite edit of the month". I believe that is very accurate to describe this edit as it will most likely become a majority of Middle Earth fan's favorite Hobbit edit. You have surpassed yourself this time.

Congratulations, my friend! This award has been described as "favorite edit of the month". I believe that is very accurate to describe this edit as it will most likely become a majority of Middle Earth fan's favorite Hobbit edit. You have surpassed yourself this time.
Thanks for the props and all the support during theprocess...(not to mention the huge choice of artwork)!

Thanks to all who voted for all the edits, the staff as always for the commitement and effort and above all, all the other fan editors this month, and every month without whom, none of us would continue to be inspired to push ourselved further and shar this passion.

Well done to all...see ya back in the creative laboratories...

Congrats to @Wraith for yet another win, an amazing 7th!

The Hobbit Legendary Edit: A Lord of the Rings Prequel
Dec-23​
Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan Redux - Fan VFX Replacement Showcase
Dec-22​
H8teful: Reconstructed Hateful 8 Roadshow Version Ex. Q. T. V. O.
Oct-22​
Unbreakable Glass Split
Mar-22​
Split Unbreakable Glass
Aug-21​
Dr. Jones and the Skull Kingdom Mystery
Jan-11​
X-Men: Trilogy
Mar-09​

Also goes to show just how much interest The Hobbit films have stirred up here, as this is the 11th edit of the trilogy (or one of its three films) to have won FEOTM in the last 10-odd years.

The Hobbit Legendary Edit: A Lord of the Rings PrequelWraith
Dec-23​
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five EditsStromboli Bones
Nov-21​
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Entirely Respectable EditionTM2YC
Feb-20​
The Hobbit: The Original Two-Film StructureAdam Dens
Aug-18​
The Hobbit, or There and Back AgainL8wrtr
Feb-17​
J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit (Maple Films Edit)eldusto84
Aug-16​
Billy Batson's The HobbitBilly Batson
Apr-16​
The Hobbit: Into the Fireranger613
Sep-14​
The Hobbit: Fire of the Dragonranger613
Jun-14​
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Arkenstone EditionKerr
Nov-13​
The Hobbit: There and Back AgainMenbailee
Aug-13​

Who knows how many more there will be...

The Scribbler's Two Towers

Wraith is also the genius of Red Apple Crew. So that makes eight FEOTM wins.

Last edited:
It could have been a bug but it's more likely I had a few month brain fart during a busy period last year. It's not a quick fix but it is an easy one. I'll sort it within the next couple of days. If you notice any others please PM me. Sorry, guys.

Also it's funny how many times The Hobbit has won, that just goes to show how absolutely disappointing the originals are and how a skilled editor without the pressure of a studio forcing a trilogy might have succeeded in making something really great.
I also suspect that with The Hobbit, most of what was shot, ended up on screen ( hence flabby bloat) unlike LOTR where there remain huge swathes of shot material, that were judiciously removed for pacing etc… and still, I for one, would love to have 5 hr versions of all 3 LOTR entries.

Jackson makes so many references to “we shot this” and “shot that” and it’s still locked away…

Back
Top Bottom