• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Womble Fading

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now, maybe I'm going mad - but I am convinced that last time I edited Godzilla, I could get Womble to fade at just the end of the clip. But now, it puts it at the start AND the end! I read the help file which seems to indicate that this is correct.

So how do I just fade at the end of the clip?

Also - if you use Womble's transition effect - I can only place them in the video line - not the audio, so subsequently the audio and video go out of sync. Am I being a muppet here? :???:

white43 said:
Now, maybe I'm going mad - but I am convinced that last time I edited Godzilla, I could get Womble to fade at just the end of the clip. But now, it puts it at the start AND the end! I read the help file which seems to indicate that this is correct.

So how do I just fade at the end of the clip?

Also - if you use Womble's transition effect - I can only place them in the video line - not the audio, so subsequently the audio and video go out of sync. Am I being a muppet here? :???:

Right-click on the clip in the timeline and select fade. There you can set the fade ins and outs separately.

You can't use the transition effects for audio. You can fake it though. Have the audio from each clip overlapping (by having one in the music track and one in the voice track) each other by 2 seconds. Fade out the first one for 2 seconds, fade in the second one for 2 seconds and you've just made a crossfade.

Or you could just not demux the streams when you rip the DVD and edit the VTS file directly. That will allow you to transition the audio and video at the same time.

I must be being a complete spazz. I can only see Video 'In' and 'Out' and this seems to refer to the amount of time the fade occurs at.....

select the video or audio stream to fade, right click on it:
womblefade1.jpg

this window opens to allow you audio and video fading to your liking:
womblefade2.jpg

D'OH!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was tired last night...... :mrgreen:

Thanks guys......

This was almost two years ago (I have Vegas now), but whenever I had fade problems in Womble (which was every time), I would end up rendering a few extra frames (which doesn't matter because Womble only makes render changes to clips you actually edit) than I needed. Then I would import the new renders into a fresh project & trim the extra frames. When you cut it together again, you're missing the glitched out portions, and you've already got the proper fades built into the video stream. (so Womble won't have to re-render things & mess it up again)

You should always try to do as little rendering as possible with Womble, but taking a pass & then continuing the cut in a second, otherwise identical project always helped solve Womble's technical quirks, which came up frequently. Making multiple passes over important cuts like the final fade-out of your fanedit film can make a big difference when you need a very specific effect from a shot. It is possible though, so don't let Womble get the best of you.

Back
Top Bottom