• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Womble 5 is Out (HD MPEG 2 Compatibility)

...including the mainconcept encoding engine, which is actually a good one. This "could" be a good program now.

i didnt notice that one, have they finally fixed the mpeg encoder at long last?

boon23 said:
...including the mainconcept encoding engine, which is actually a good one. This "could" be a good program now.

Wow! So we can make video transitions in Womble without an awful quality loss. I read mixed reviews of the main concept encoder online, but if boon says it's a good one, that's good enough for me. :)

I suppose it's too much to hope that the MP4 exporter will now export PS3 compatibile MP4s... Why it has a PSP profile but can't produce PS3 compatible files is anybody's guess.

So, we can make transitions in Womble without it f*cking us up?

Epic win.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

But just to be on the safe side, I'll retain a copy of the old Womble.

So far it still re-encodes the untouched parts and that's still not cool.

don't even start with pinnacle. It sure is what it always was. Home video software for amateurs.

Never used it myself, that bad huh?

I think I have installed and tried 6 or 7 versions of pinnacle for my grandfather, who loves the program for what he does: amateur filming. It is simple, it works really well with DV video, but on a greater scale it is full of cheap tricks for home video and simply not a hq piece of software IMO. Of course I have been wrong before - and maybe one day we will idneed have an approved fanedit created with WMM. We do have a few that were created with the help of pinnacle:
Natural Born Killers: The Tarantino Edit
Superman II: The RKS Edition
Superman The New Movie

ok if you likening it to WMM then its definitely to be avoided :)

I dunno, from what I could tell from Pinnacle from the little I tried to work with it (couldn't get it to run very well on my machine) it seemed like it had more functionality than NeroVision, and I used NeroVision to do my Transformers edit, and parts of my Revenge of the Fallen edit before I got Vegas.

ADigitalMan said:
So far it still re-encodes the untouched parts and that's still not cool.
As in, it'd take several days to export an edit? :? :razz:

I am sure it is a combination of the two. I am always willing to wait for a great encode, if it takes a couple days, so be it. Awesome results last a LONG time. But bad encodes are NEVER acceptable....

I'm sure time is not a factor for a faneditor who values his work either, which is why I'm convinced ADM meant quality. :)

Looks like 5.0 added an aspect ratio converter under the video filters. But it appears as if the options distort the image.

Back
Top Bottom