• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Widescreen with AI

Wow, is it really interpolating the outer 33% of the image?!

Amazing but if they'd had this technology when they remastered TNG we'd have got this, instead of the beautiful HD remaster faithful to it's original presentation.

This is something that I've been thinking about for a while now! So many Adult Swim shows with their early seasons in 4:3, can now be made to match their later seasons. I presume it'd be easier with animation? Someone, use this on old Simpsons and show Disney what's what. (remember the widescreen Simpsons controversy? I don't.)

Really groovy stuff! The same user has done the same with some clips from Seinfeld too which look great too. The he only issue would be moving shots and characters entering/exiting frame. But for static shots, perfect.

If you look closely, you can see little marks or slightly misaligned surfaces in some shots that indicate where the frame has been extended, but it's still damn impressive. No shortage of what AI can do I guess. Would be a very handy tool for some TV-to-movie edits.

Yeah I would be very curious to see this pushed further. Because you can see some of the seams you can see a little of how the sausage was made. Several dialogue shots are locked to the left or right with the interpolated section being entirely on one side.

Man it'd be amazing to have some kind of (automatic) inpainting/outpainting AI that is temporally aware, maybe something similar to photogrammetry where it reconstructs an environment in 3d based on several photos from different angles. Then the issue of camera movement would be easily solved.

...Aaaand it's already on its way. Sorry for the double post but it seemed relevant.

Fascinating...and I'm sure it'll only get better. Some of the odd framing betrays it, though (that shot of the transporter room, in particular, with all of the subjects corralled on the left side).

I love the Lost in translation idea. Making a fanedit in the future from a new perspective will be fun...new angles etc. I wouldn't want to see a whole film but adding in a good 30% of new frames into a film your've seen a million times will be like giving it a new fresh coat of paint....or is that colour correction....anyway you catch my drift.

Something like this could help @DigModiFicaTion's Book of Henry edit, especially if you can provide a prompt for the infill (ie. "in the style of Wes Anderson").

A bit off topic but has anybody seen any AI for redrawing comics? I'm two thirds into an amazing comic, when it suddenly switches from beautiful hand painted watercolours(?), to acceptable digital.

e.g. This...

00.large.jpg

00.large.jpg

Then this...

Insurrection2-int.jpeg

I've seen AI on google searches that seem to offer the ability to redraw stuff in a style for you but I mean replicating/learning a style and then applying it to something else. I'm certain if it isn't possible yet it will be by about this time next week :LOL: .

How strange. I don't mind the second style but it's weird that it changes like that. I remember Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republican going through several art styles too and it threw me off every time.

If you're a fan of watercolor art, you should check out J.K. Woodward. He does a lot of inkwash and watercolor stuff.
F3fxVS5WUAEYaa0

it's really funny looking at the lcars display and seeing photos and stuff XD
It's pretty impressive, but it doesn't fit the original cinematographer's vision. I suppose as a transformative work, it's intriguing, but I don't see the point of just pushing that through AI to produce a transformative work, since it isn't saying anything. It would need to be set to the specification of the person doing said work and would need to justify each shot's framing.

Back
Top Bottom