• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Which DVD LABPRO should I buy???

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Narrowing down the software I need to try my hand at my first fan edit and looking for advice...

When it comes to DVD LabPro which version would you recommend:

DVD LABPRO 2

or

DVD LABPRO EDIT SUITE ???

I noticed ES has MPEG conversion with it, which would be handy when working with Womble? Any advice, pros and cons, recommendations???

this isn't exactly related to your question.... but over in the other thread you were asking about vegas vs. womble.... and i don't know if you've made a decision as to which one you're going with.... but if you decide to go with vegas, you probably won't need dvd labpro.... vegas is often bundled with DVD Architect, which is a full dvd authoring program... so i just wanted you to know that if you get the vegas bundle, don't buy another dvd authoring program, because you'll already have everything you need. if you've already decided to go with womble, (or if you do decide to go with womble) then completely disregard this message ;)

lewis886 said:
this isn't exactly related to your question.... but over in the other thread you were asking about vegas vs. womble.... and i don't know if you've made a decision as to which one you're going with.... but if you decide to go with vegas, you probably won't need dvd labpro.... vegas is often bundled with DVD Architect, which is a full dvd authoring program... so i just wanted you to know that if you get the vegas bundle, don't buy another dvd authoring program, because you'll already have everything you need. if you've already decided to go with womble, (or if you do decide to go with womble) then completely disregard this message ;)

Thanks Lewis.

Right now, I think I am leaning towards Womble just because I am a newbie and it sounds easier to use. It is also significantly less expensive than Sony Vegas.

Though if anyone has a better arguement to go with Vegas, I am open to it. I just want to collect enough information as I plan on purchasing the needed software this upcoming weekend.

bionicbob,
i just posted a reply about different versions of vegas in the vegas vs. womble
thread.... there are other versions of vegas that are FAR cheaper than the pro
version.... the cheapest is about $75, and includes a dvd authoring program...

http://forum.fanedit.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4054

Back
Top Bottom