• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What movie should I watch next?

movies that are so intense that you can't bare to watch them again are why i love film.

beckmen said:
Haha, I feel that way with Eraserhead!

LOL. me too!

Simba:
give ?Leningrad Cowboys? a rerun.

that?s one of those movies i can watch over and over again. besides you?re finnish and should know anyway...

:)

joebshmoe said:
movies that are so intense that you can't bare to watch them again are why i love film.
Aguirre was like that for me.

I'll just pick some random movie from my viewing diary that I gave 5/5 to, and put it here as a recommendation:
The Bridge
Oh crap, that movie was freaky.

mmm a viewing diary

i need to think about keeping one of those

Do we have a 'last movie you watched' thread here? Where everybody just posts what movie they watched and a few short thoughts on it. Sometimes it leads to discussions about the movie, etc.

i like the idea

i think it should aptly be titled "Our Film Diary" in honor of messenjah

I'll recommend next...

Save The Green Planet! (2004)

Another Korean film, both hilarious and shocking (mostly hilarious), about a nutter that thinks aliens are going to destroy the world.

jesus my head is hurting just THINKING of how i'd fill out a checklist of movies i've seen...

Wow. I'm on Lovefilm, where they post the dvd's to your house, then you send em back and my list is at 30-odd movies and I'm barely scratching the surface of the films I want to watch.

Getting Home - a Chinese film, funny, sad and everything in between.

I hunted for ages to find this but it lived up to my expectations.

Yesterday I watched Stardust. It's a fantasy movie that you can watch with children as well. It was funny and very nicely done with good acting from everyone - I enjoyed watching it and I would give it 7.5/10.

Try:

Zatoichi (2003)

A very funny martial arts film starring and directed by Takeshi Kitano (Battle Royale, Violent Cop).

Ghostcut said:
Try:

Zatoichi (2003)

A very funny martial arts film starring and directed by Takeshi Kitano (Battle Royale, Violent Cop).

Seconded. (Brother is also a good one from Beat Takeshi)

oh yes. takeshi kitano...

you have to see ?Hana-bi?. great movie.

Yes I think thats it.
Maybe not to everyones taste but I enjoyed it. Some parts of it even reminded me of my own experiances in China.

Another tip is RISE OF THE FOOTSOLDIER. A British film and a true story. The dvd is out soon and I have read that there is loads of deleted scenes so I think I'll pick it up afer Christmas.

I'll just pick some random movie from my viewing diary that I gave 5/5 to, and put it here as a recommendation:
The Bridge

is that the documentary about suicide on the golden gate bridge??? looks interesting

nOmArch said:
The Bridge

is that the documentary about suicide on the golden gate bridge??? looks interesting
That would be it. It's a very, very good documentary, but sure as hell isn't easy to watch.

Back
Top Bottom