• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What dimensions should a poster be?

daedal

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder what are reasonable dimensions for a poster (to be uploaded for a fanedit) ?
Dimensions in pixel of course, I'm not looking to print the thing but hey, if you want to add this info here as well, go ahead
It is also my understanding that no matter what the pixel count is, there is a ratio to consider for IFDB posters.

TM2YC told me the ratio is 200/285, roughly 70%.

As far as pixel dimensions, if you want it to be print quality you want at least 300dpi, and bluray cases are 6" tall so like 1263x1800 minimum I guess?

TPDb has dimensions set at 2:3 with maximum dimensions of 2000x3000. IFDb mini poster art is set at 200x285 which would result in 2000x2850 when compared to TPDb.
Does that mean a 2000X3000 is automatically cropped height wise in the mini poster because the ratio would not be the same?

I uploaded a 1435X2281 and it was slightly cropped at the top and bottom. So I guess even if it's under the maximum, it will always be cropped if it is not exactly following that 200:285 ratio?

Does that mean a 2000X3000 is automatically cropped height wise in the mini poster because the ratio would not be the same?

I uploaded a 1435X2281 and it was slightly cropped at the top and bottom. So I guess even if it's under the maximum, it will always be cropped if it is not exactly following that 200:285 ratio?
Yes, we have to crop or resize the image when it does not fit the dimensions.

Good to know! I'll work within those contraints from now on. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom