• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What are you listening to at the moment?

Seeing Muddy perform that live with the Band in The Last Waltz was freaking awesome! Friend and I went to the 45th anniversary screening last year.

Very strong message that will always stand the test of time.

If you must know I am currently listening to,
Somebody once told me
The world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb
With her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead… Please don’t ban me. Thank you.

If you must know I am currently listening to,
Somebody once told me
The world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb
With her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead… Please don’t ban me. Thank you.

Elvira Mistress Of The Dark Halloween GIF by filmeditor

My favorite guitarist and favorite drummer RIP with my favorite song from 2004

For once, a song by Weird Al that isn't designed to be comedic. 🤨

Okay, so while as gone I challenged myself to learn to enjoy metal with harshes. For those unfamiliar with the term, harshes are the gutteral shouted lyrics featured in many metal tracks. It was an interesting experience and I can confidently say it wasn't entirely successful. I definitely don't think I'll ever love bands that exclusively contain harsh vocals and there certainly are styles of harsh vocals I enjoy more than others but I definitely acquired a taste for them. And with that taste came a wealth of artists I'd previous never given the time if day to.

Chief among the was Eidola who are an absolute joy. It is fairly high entry bar to get into their sound but I personally think it was very much worth it. They have four studio albums and a fifth on the and experiment with various styles. Anyone else familiar with their work?

Below is one of my favourite tracks, I choose one without harshs so as not to alienate those who dislike them at the moment...

Started exploring The Power and The Glory a couple months ago, but it didn't really stick for me. Will probably revisit. More recently, my progrock journey has taken me to King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard land, and I'm stuck in deep. I'm slowly working through their discography. Currently have Murder of the Universe on repeat.

Started exploring The Power and The Glory a couple months ago, but it didn't really stick for me. Will probably revisit. More recently, my progrock journey has taken me to King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard land, and I'm stuck in deep. I'm slowly working through their discography. Currently have Murder of the Universe on repeat.
You know, someone else told me to check them out recently and I still have yet to. Thanks for the reminder!

You know, someone else told me to check them out recently and I still have yet to. Thanks for the reminder!
They're prolific, to say the least, and their sound shifts significantly from one album to the other. I'm still working through the five they released in 2017. Flying Microtonal Banana and Nonagon Infinity are both great, but I think Polygondwanaland is the best of the bunch, and they released that one free-as-in-beer, so you can grab HQ flac for literally nothing: https://kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/polygondwanaland Murder of the Universe is incredible but it also has spoken word layered over the entire thing, which might not be everyone's jam. For my part, I could listen to Leah Senior all day. And "Han-Tyumi"s story in the second half is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. "Death...and to vomit".

Back
Top Bottom