• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What’s your Halloween viewing?

MusicEd921

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
For the lead up to Halloween, I started watching only horror movies I haven’t seen. I started in September because, well why not? I’ll continue to watch horror year round, but I wanted to give this some focus.

Here’s what I’ve watched in no particular order:

1. Green Room
2. Dagon
3. Halloween III
4. Salem’s Lot (2004)
5. Ouija: Origin of Evil
6. Ginger Snaps
7. 28 Days Later
8. Cat People
9. Anything for Jackson
10. Summer of 84
11. Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (1974)
12. When a Stranger Calls
13. Village of the Damned
14. Misery
15. Phantasm
16. Nightmare
17. Hush
18. Orphan
19. Host
20. No One Gets Out Alive
21. Smile
22. Watcher
23. Blood Quantum
24. The Apostle
25. Hellraiser (2022)
26. Malevolent
27. Old People
28. Terrifier
29. Terrifier 2
30. Fall
31. X
32. Werewolf By Night
33. Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte

I’ll update this post later with the years to clarify which ones were originals that I watched.

Tonight I will cap it off with my first time viewing of Pet Cemetery (1989)

I watched the latest seasons of The Walking Dead on Netflix and Fear the Walking Dead on Hulu. They're both a year old but I've been saving them for October.

I also watched the movies Let Me In, It Follows, and Werewolf by Night.

And to round things out, the fanedits
Halloween: The Night of the Boogeyman by @LastSurvivor, Halloween: The Doctor's Cut by Jnisch, Ghostbusters III by TM2YC, and Star Trek: Catspaw by @The Warlord.

I was going to watch Ryantology's Halloween II: The Return of Michael Myers and the final(?) film in the franchise Halloween Ends but I ran out of time.

Oh! And a Rocky Horror drag show shadowcast.

I watched the latest seasons of The Walking Dead on Netflix and Fear the Walking Dead on Hulu. They're both a year old but I've been saving them for October.

I also watched the movies Let Me In, It Follows, and Werewolf by Night.

And to round things out, the fanedits
Halloween: The Night of the Boogeyman by @LastSurvivor, Halloween: The Doctor's Cut by Jnisch, Ghostbusters III by TM2YC, and Star Trek: Catspaw by @The Warlord.

I was going to watch Ryantology's Halloween II: The Return of Michael Myers and the final(?) film in the franchise Halloween Ends but I ran out of time.
Hope you enjoyed the season!

Raising this from the dead for the spooky season is again upon us.

Watched:
Frankenstein (1931)
House (1977)

Currently watching:
The Haunting of Hill House (2018) (rewatch)
Over the Garden Wall (2014) (rewatch)
Guillermo Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities (2022)

Planning to watch:
Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
Son of Frankenstein (1939)
Carnival of Souls (1962)
Cronos (1992)
Nightmare Alley (2021)
The Fall of the House of Usher (2023)

Planning to rewatch:
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
The Sixth Sense (1999)
Donnie Darko (2001)
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014)

With Friday the 13th taking place in October and having an extra day to burn, I’m planning on taking off of work and celebrating by watching 2-3 horror movies before needing to pickup my son from school. So, what should I watch to celebrate? Suggestions are needed!

With Friday the 13th taking place in October and having an extra day to burn, I’m planning on taking off of work and celebrating by watching 2-3 horror movies before needing to pickup my son from school. So, what should I watch to celebrate? Suggestions are needed!
What else?

I thought about doing at least 1 of the Jason films, but I feel like I should mix it up a little.

Maybe F13 Part 3 plus a Freddy movie?

I thought about doing at least 1 of the Jason films, but I feel like I should mix it up a little.

Maybe, I vote for either 4 or 5 since they're a bit underrated.

As for general Halloween entertainment for me, off the top of my head

-Perfect Blue
-Sleepy Hollow (1999)
-A Disney Halloween
-In The Mouth Of Madness
-Bride Of Frankenstein
-The Invisible Man (1933)
-Abbott And Costello Meet Frankenstein
-The Revenge Of Frankenstein
-Alien 3
-The Fog
-Doctor Sleep
-Event Horizon
-Army Of Darkness
-Halloween 2 (2009)
-The Haunting (1963)
-The Mummy (1999)
-Scooby-Doo On Zombie Island
-Scooby-Doo And The Witch's Ghost
-Alvin And The Chipmunks Meet The Wolfman
-The Thing (1982)
-Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight
-Ringu
-Psycho 1-3
-New Nightmare
-Universal Soldier: Day Of Reckoning*
-Black Sunday (1963)
-Black Sabbath
-The Birds
-Re-Animator
-The Terminator*
-The Addams Family
-The Blob
-Beetlejuice
-Night Of The Demon (1957)
-Village Of The Damned (1960)
-The Crawling Eye
-Halloween 3
-Night Of The Living Dead (1990)
-The Wolfman (2010)
-Signs

These are just some of the Halloweeney films I love or at the very least good horror (*yes these are horror films, and I willing to uphold that in court).

Maybe, I vote for either 4 or 5 since they're a bit underrated.

I find myself unable to enjoy 4 or 5 at all, but that's just me. I actually suggest 6, Freddy's Dead. For one thing, that pairs up the 3d entries of both franchises. I also just think it's dumb fun. Plus Jason mask cameo. New Nightmare is my personal favorite, but I don't think it would mesh well with this kind of double feature. Maybe 3, Dream Warriors, pair up the 3rd entries in both franchises, plus it's just a good movie.

*yes these are horror films, and I willing to uphold that in court).
Absolutely. My biggest annoyance is when people insist that Jaws isn't a horror film. Also, I love that you included Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 on your list, it's one of my favorites.

Also, I love that you included Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 on your list, it's one of my favorites.
Thanks, honestly my favorite of the franchise (yes, it takes the top space from the original).

Just pure two hours of a relentless spiral into madness and you just cannot take your eyes off of it.

There's no Halloween where I live, but since American traditions are well known here, then some people celebrate it anyway.
As for the movies - horror is not really my thing, but I like to watch movies like The Addams Family (and its sequel), Beetlejuice and Bram Stoker's Dracula at that time of the year.

I actually suggest 6, Freddy's Dead. For one thing, that pairs up the 3d entries of both franchises. I also just think it's dumb fun. Plus Jason mask cameo.
...I was thinking of the Freddy claw cameo in Jason Goes To Hell. There is no Jason mask cameo in Freddy's Dead. Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Absolutely. My biggest annoyance is when people insist that Jaws isn't a horror film.
I would also qualify Jaws as a Horror movie. But I also think horror is a quality similar to comedy. I mean you can have a horror sci-fi as well as a comedy sci-fi, or a horror western as well as a comedy western.
I cannot wait for Halloween to watch horror though. I recently saw X and Pearl, I would recommend !

Last edited:
I'm watching the Tainted Love storyline from Port Charles (a canceled spinoff of General Hospital) that ran during the summer of 2001. My mom used to watch this show. This particular storyline dealt with vampires and even had a Slayer in it.

Back
Top Bottom