• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

We all need a laugh

noss, plissken. when i'm old and decrepit, that's how i'll remember T2.

Warning: this comedic video is on the screechy side. But, as someone whose hometown has been assimilated by tech, I laughed.

^Wow, and here I thought CollegeHumor went creatively bankrupt in 2012.

Does your gentrification bring coffee shops? I can't walk two doors without going past another :/

Zamros said:
Does your gentrification bring coffee shops? I can't walk two doors without going past another :/

Er... not really? Many of our techies commute to the South Bay/Silicon Valley during the day, so I don't think most coffee shops are profitable enough to support competitors. We rather get lots of restaurants and chic bars and salons... :)

B95w0Lz.jpg

8sgTekD.jpg

Equality for women hasn’t exactly come as far as one would have hoped since suffrage.

Moe_Syzlak said:
Equality for women hasn’t exactly come as far as one would have hoped since suffrage.

Yeah, I thought as much, but I thought it was a pop culture reference like from a show, book, movie, or something. Anyway, I like it :)

I'm up to 1997 in reading the complete Judge Dredd case-files and came across this case of Dredd being forced to drop charges on an obviously guilty sportstar for political reasons. It's so subtle, no lawyer could pin anything on the writer :D :

31388828528_68ee960eb0_c.jpg

30324314527_16b18ebaed_c.jpg

somebody has been collecting movie related fun & appreciation videos at movies.com with the tag "today in movie culture". at the time of writing there are 68 pages of headlines alone, with several videos each. real treasure trove, really. that'll keep y'all busy over the winter!

movies.com/movie-news/today-movie-culture-archive

Back
Top Bottom