• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wakanda Forever (Black Panther 2)

Just saw it today. Definitely better than the first one and one of the best of the phase (waayyyy better than No Way Good lol).

If you thought Doctor Strange and Thor were lame and wimpy-story wise, you'll be happy here. Story is much better (even if the Ross subplot felt unnecessary, no one cares about Seinfeld lady Feige).

Namor was incredible and easily was the best part. Definitely felt like an arrogant sona of beetch like the comics.

I will say it got a bit choppy near the end like they had to fit all these scenes in but didn't have time for it.

Solid 9/10

He is genuinely disappointed a lot of the time with MCU stuff.

And that's why I try to keep an open mind whenever something new comes out.

With that said, though, I sympathize with the idea that the MCU peaked with Thanos, and it's been mostly downhill ever since. I haven't decided whether I'm going to watch this one or not, but I will say that I'm not as excited about the next Marvel movie as I used to be in the past.

You're joking, right?
It's my genuine opinion. Film was terrible. Phase 4 is terrible. Cope.

People trash DC movies all day, but the MCU has ofteen been worse and yet nobody ever complains because it's Marvel (a company that produces garbage-tier content regularly, from movies, to cartoons, to comics, thank god I'm not under the Mouse's spell)

Just saw it today. Definitely better than the first one and one of the best of the phase (waayyyy better than No Way Good lol).

If you thought Doctor Strange and Thor were lame and wimpy-story wise, you'll be happy here. Story is much better (even if the Ross subplot felt unnecessary, no one cares about Seinfeld lady Feige).
What story? It's basically non-existent . It's a bunch of stuff that happens and nothing else.

What's your problem with No Way Home? It's a far better movie than this drivel. That story has holes sure, but it knows how to deliver emotion and laughs, and has likeable to lovable characters. Everyone in this garbage was either a bitch, a moron, or an irritant, and their bad acting sucked all the energy and life out of the room.

And that's why I try to keep an open mind whenever something new comes out.

With that said, though, I sympathize with the idea that the MCU peaked with Thanos, and it's been mostly downhill ever since.

Marvel had terrible movies before Endgame too. There's very few of them that are above average

Last edited:
@Zarius , I enjoy reading passionate opinions about movies (positive or negative), but do keep it directed at the movies and not your fellow forum members. It makes you sound angry, and I know you as better than that.

I haven't seen BP2 yet. Once I see it I'll post my thoughts too (I'm especially curious/anxious to see how they did Namor).

@Zarius , I enjoy reading passionate opinions about movies (positive or negative), but do keep it directed at the movies and not your fellow forum members. It makes you sound angry, and I know you as better than that.
I apologize, I had a rough day yesterday when I saw the movie and it didn't help.

What story? It's basically non-existent . It's a bunch of stuff that happens and nothing else.
For me, the way Shuri was refusing to mourn and let go of her brother was an ever present and emotionally powerful story. It coincided with how namor was dealing with the loss of his mother and the many people of his tribe. I felt these elements were quite prominent but I understand if you didn't see it that way.
I'm sorry you had a crappy day, hope things are better.

For me, the way Shuri was refusing to mourn and let go of her brother was an ever present and emotionally powerful story. It coincided with how namor was dealing with the loss of his mother and the many people of his tribe. I felt these elements were quite prominent but I understand if you didn't see it that way.
I'm sorry you had a crappy day, hope things are better.
I appreciate it @tremault , thanks. I had more of a 'mixed' day if anything else, lots of highs and lows.

The movie just wasn't something to watch if you had a certain mood, it was too dour and 'still'. I don't think they handled T'Challa's death well at all, I'd have preferred a movie with a lot more 'snap' and sizzle to it that tested Shuri, her refusal to mourn wasn't an appealing character trait, she came across as ungrateful and the acting was rubbish.

All the power to you if you liked it and saw merit in how they worked through their grieving, it just wasn't for me. I think my time watching Marvel movies in cinemas is finished. I haven't enjoyed one since No Way Home, and before that, Endgame.

It's my genuine opinion. Film was terrible. Phase 4 is terrible. Cope.
You're entitled to that opinion, but I think you went into it wanting to hate it. By your own admission, you don't like the MCU. You didn't want to set aside your personal feelings and go in to appreciate the aspects that worked - strong acting, beautiful score and production design.
Also... people mourn differently. You seem to be upset that the movie wasn't as snappy as, say, Black Adam. Personally, I prefer the diversity in genres of Marvel content. (And while I enjoyed Black Adam for the most part, that movie required no thought or attention span to enjoy.)

It's hard to take a critique seriously when one makes blanket, negative statements. Especially if you walked out, as you claim. Sounds to me like you were looking for things to hate, especially after having a bad day. Don't torture yourself seeing movies you don't like.

Probably a smart choice if this keeps happening every time.
How does it 'happen every time' when I just said I enjoyed No Way Home and Endgame? I also enjoyed Black Panther, Civil War, and Winter Soldier. I also liked Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier and Loki.

So, no, it doesn't 'happen every time'

How does it 'happen every time' when I just said I enjoyed No Way Home and Endgame? I also enjoyed Black Panther, Civil War, and Winter Soldier. I also liked Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier and Loki.

So, no, it doesn't 'happen every time'
I said if. 🤷‍♂️

I do want to say that I absolutely loved how the Talokanil were introduced in the film. Definitely set up how intimidating they were:

Overall, it was fine, but about an hour longer than it should have been. I'm excited for Riri Williams to be joining the MCU as Ironheart, but her presence in this movie was totally unnecessary and only served to extend the already excessive runtime. At least this way we won't have to sit through a whole Ironheart origin movie and we can jump straight into her actual story when she eventually gets her own film.

Black Panther 2 suffered the same problems that Age of Ultron did for me. Individually there are some good ideas in the film, but there is too much unnecessary things setting up future films and characters in the greater MCU that it didn't feel like a focused movie and more just like an advert for Marvel featuring the Black Panther characters. Hopefully the next film will be more focused on Wakanda and that storyline rather than unnecessarily on setting up The Thunderbirds or IronHeart.

I originally was going to post this in the last movies watched thread, but decided to post my review here.

They did the best they could with the passing of Chadwick Boseman to honor him. Angela Bassett delivers a riveting performance that stirs the deep emotions of the soul. This movie at its core is a grief movie about the loss of loved ones, traditions and belief and how to find one's way through that pain and consuming anger and hate. It's far from perfect, but the core of its message is its power. Shuri and Ramonda embody the hellish pain of loss and grief and deliver the message that it is ok to be in that pain and to simply continue forward even when it hurts and the inner core is fractured and broken.

So I wrote that all before the ending credits scene........now I'm a wreck. That last scene is everything and the perfect closure and a reminder that it is the continuation of life that honors the greatness of those who came before.

I can't believe the mixed emotions this movie stirred up in the members of this forum. I think I'll keep my opinion to myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom