• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wakanda Forever (Black Panther 2)

I am not.
The way they're trying to capitalize on Boseman's death is embarrassing.

Also, as I wrote in a review back in 2018
Gieferg said:
T'Challa in his own film not only is notoriously reduced to the role of a supporting character, but he still hardly manage to do anything, someone still has to help him, save his skin and do the job for him. Usually, the hero is replaced by the aforementioned female characters (of which, by the way, there are at least one too many here). Sometimes you can even get the impression that the director would rather focus on them, and get rid of the title character from the film altogether.

Well, it looks like they''ve done exactly that.

Am I the only one who hates it when a movie trailer attempts to inspire you in some way? Nothing makes me more cynical than inspiration. I feel like I'm being emotionally manipulated into liking this for no other reason than for Chadwick Boseman's death. And yet, all I've been hearing is that this trailer is amazing. Some people are saying they cried to this. I didn't. If it's gonna make me cry, it has to be earned, like 12 Angry Men or American History X. I've been disappointed with Marvel since Avengers: Endgame, and I'm worried that I'm just gonna be disappointed yet again.

I like it. Sure the music is heavy-handed, but it's got Namor! Bill Everett's 1930s (anti-)hero joins the MCU. (y)

At one point I asked myself, "wait....are they bringing avatar into the MCU?". This isn't the Black Panther, it's Wakanda. This feels bigger than the MCU though and visually outside of it, so I'm hopeful. I'd love to see them bring in a multiverse Killmonger who is like a brother to T'Challa to take up the Wakandan throne. It would be a great showcase of Michael B Jordan's acting to switch up who he is.

I am not.
The way they're trying to capitalize on Boseman's death is embarrassing.

Also, as I wrote in a review back in 2018

Well, it looks like they''ve done exactly that.
Yeah, it’s kind of icky. Especially the larger marketing and not just the trailer. They shared the trailer on Chadwick’s official Twitter account. Disgusting.

I know acknowledging his death is unavoidable for the story, but A) they could have avoided it through recasting, although that’s also a whole other ethical can of worms, and B) they don’t need to revolve the entire marketing campaign around Chadwick’s passing. To quote Mr. Plinkett: “JUST TELL US WHAT THE MOVIE IS ABOUUT!”

A) they could have avoided it through recasting

Exactly what should have been done. Fast & Furious franchise handled similar situation properly, with taste and didn't use actor's death directly.
In this case, recasting and adding dedication "For Chadwick" would be the best possible way to do it.

It may land in my collection eventually just because I usually get marvel Blu-rays for review, but I am not gonna pay for this.

Last edited:
@Masirimso17 Mr Plinkett also said that black people didn't like Star Wars, I don't think all his quotes need to be treated as gospel 😅

I couldn't disagree harder. Black Panther is top tier MCU & the world of Wakanda itself feels more big & important than the MCU in its entirety, & I think Ryan Coogler knows that. With that in mind, leaning into the tragedy of Chadwick's untimely passing feels like the direction feels entirely correct. When Angela Basset cries about how she rules the most powerful nation & yet has lost her entire family, she might as well bemoaning the fact that Coogler & his team have made THE black superhero movie, but now they got this gaping lost that they have to live with.

I also disagree that the trailer didn't tell us anything about the story. Aside from the obvious, I like how Wakanda is going up against a different type of sequestered, hidden civilization ruled by a young man who probably also struggles between being a good king or a good man. Namor is historically a very gray character, so I wouldn't be surprised if they went in a direction like that.

tl;dr, Coogler hasn't steered me wrong & I see zero reason to doubt him now.

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree harder. Black Panther is top tier MCU & the world of Wakanda itself feels more big & important than the MCU in its entirety, & I think Ryan Coogler knows that. With that in mind, leaning into the tragedy of Chadwick's untimely passing feels like the direction feels entirely correct. When Angela Basset cries about how she rules the most powerful nation & yet has lost her entire family, she might as well bemoaning the fact that Coogler & his team have made THE black superhero movie, but now they got this gaping lost that they have to live with. Coogler hasn't steered me wrong & I see zero reason to doubt him now.
Again I think it’s less the movie and story they’re doing and more the marketing that feels icky to me

Again I think it’s less the movie and story they’re doing and more the marketing that feels icky to me
I haven't seen any marketing outside the trailer, so I wouldn't know.

Also, don't worry about that comment in my previous post. That was more at RLM's expense than anything. ;)

I haven't seen any marketing outside the trailer, so I wouldn't know.

Also, don't worry about that comment in my previous post. That was more at RLM's expense than anything. ;)
Sure, I was just making a fun reference, nothing serious :D

NGL, trailer looked great and the CG is definitely a step up from some of those scene in the first one. Them changing Namor's civilization from Atlantis due to avoid Aquaman comparisons does bug me a little, but as long as they have him be one hell of an arrogant jackass like in the comics I'll accept it.

As for recasting T'Challa, I feel like that would just result in the same controversy as not recasting him has led to. That and Feige' pretty stubborn with "ONLY ONE ADAPTION FOR CHARACTERS" as one can see with NWH (which I have a lot of issues with). Honestly, my biggest problem with this is the comics messing around with T'Challa with their recent run and also having him dead in a rumored game coming up. Enough the synergy with films already Marvel........

Also, Victor Von Doom himself will be said to appear in the post credit scene. HELL YAH.

After looking at the poster, I'm pretty sure it's going to either be Shuri or Nakia. Seeing that it's lineage based, it's probably going to be Shuri, though I'd prefer Nakia, simply because Lupita Nyong'o is a fantastic actress and could command the majesty of the part. Perhaps Shuri and Lupita will spar for the crown?

went to see the movie today. was mostly enjoyable, very enjoyable actually, but there was an element that I felt detracted from it.

I feel like Riri wasn't a very well developed character and felt out of place. There was no sense that she really had any challenge creating her machines, it was just like; need a thing, make a thing. It made her feel somewhat like a mary-sue. Her inclusion in the finale also seemed to make it all feel quite jumbled. There was A LOT going on and I felt the individual elements lacked impact as a result. I feel like this movie would have been better if the ironheart aspect of her character was relegated to the background. After all, we are going to be getting Armour-wars, surely we will see her in a much better light when that comes out?

Utter shite. So bored I walked out.

With the exception of maybe three things, Phase 4 has been a complete wash-out.

I loved this movie. I felt it handled the passing of Chadwick Boseman with elegance and care and told and emotional, epic story while introducing some incredible new characters! I cannot wait to see more of Namor! And I'm actually very excited for the Iron Heart show.

Back
Top Bottom