• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Wacky Races: Episode #2 The Dastardly Cut

Atreyu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just want to preface this by saying that this will probably be the only fanedit I do, because I am much more comfortable with helping someone else on a project than taking on my own.

So, this very small edit, is for the 1968 animated TV Show "Wacky Races". The aim was to fix the second episode of the show. Basically, it is the one instance where the villain actually won the race, only to then be disqualified by "judges" for extending the tip of his car to the finish line.

I would not have bothered with this edit, but then I watched the rest of the show, and there is far too much hypocrisy. For example, in episode 9, "Scout Scatter", the winner of that race does a similar thing, he cartoonishly extends his neck over the finish line. But no judges bothered to disqualify him. And other racers in the show have done worse, such as completely destroying another competitors vehicle to get to the finish, yet, no judges are there ruling anything out.

So I wanted to make it a little bit fairer on the villain since the other racers had done far worse to "get ahead" of the race and were left alone. So this cut lets him have his win. After all, he doesn't win at all in any other episode, so might as well let him have the 1.

What was changed:

I simply cut the section of the episode right after the narrator says the villain has won, up to his dog sidekick laughing. No "judges", because they are not around in any other episode, I don't see why they should exist in Episode 2 either.

I then took the footage of the race that the "judges" judged, and made that the initial race win (so it shows the tip of the car extending) that way the ending makes more sense when the dog sidekick kicks the extended tip into the villain's hand.

I did not bother to add my title card to the video, since I wanted it to remain as authentic to the other episodes as possible.

It's not a perfect edit, it's not a detailed or fancy edit, it's just something I HAD to fix because honestly, those judges were BS. If they had "judges" in every episode, all of the racers would practically be disqualified.

Original episode runtime: 11min 50sec.

New episode runtime: 11min 15sec.

The edit is already done and ready to go but I don't see the need to make an iFDB page for something so small. So if you own anything digital/physical in regards to the original show, please send me a PM for a download.

Last edited:
This is really interesting. Now I'm trying to think of other examples of cartoons where a villain should've won if it weren't for some cop out in the last minute. There's gotta be an instance of a villian winning only for it to be revealed that it was all a dream in the end. I'd love to see more edits that fix things like that.

Also, I was going to post the thread in the forum it has now been moved to, but it says "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here.". It still says that right now, I don't really know why.

I could have sworn Dick won one episode without cheating, maybe I was thinking of this one but just ignored the last few seconds.

Have the series...gonna need this too...excellent..
Inspector Gadget Cartoon GIF

I could have sworn Dick won one episode without cheating, maybe I was thinking of this one but just ignored the last few seconds.

Episode 2 is the episode where he is in his car and crosses the actual finish line in first place. It is only after this, that they take his win away.

Here are actual screenshots.

The "initial win":

MES4RN7_o.png

Then after they try to make you believe THIS happened and was worth disqualification:

MES4RN8_o.png

And then this happens in Episode 9:

MES4RPI_o.png

And is allowed. Total hypocrisy.

Currently updating the file to make the "judge" race footage the main race footage, so the extended front makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom