• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Vote for March 2013 Fanedit of the Month!

Which was the best edit in March 2013?

• 2001: A Space Odyssey - The Abridged Cut by Silentpete & Livinginoblivion

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Abducted by juice4z0

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Amazon Women On The Moon: Extended Edition by Dr. Sapirstein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue Velvet: Q2 Extended Edition by Q2

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Cosmogony by The Man Behind The Mask

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Diabolique: Alternate Cut by Dr. Sapirstein

• Emerald City II by Adabisi

• Rocky Horror Picture Show: The Original Version by Dr. Sapirstein

• Scott Pilgrim: Punch-Out!! Edition by That One Guy

• Superman Resolved by b3nmitchell

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • This Shit Isn't FUNNY by steFANedit

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations to first-time faneditor [MENTION=21856]Severian[/MENTION] for winning his first Fanedit of the Month award.

March saw a ton of edits being released and who knows who will take the prize this time around.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Abridged Cut by Silentpete & Livinginoblivion

This cut was made with the utmost respect for its director and his intent. The cuts themselves range from large sequences cut down to small bits and pieces removed. The film has been reduced to 1 hour and 24 minutes, and we feel the film, plot, and characters are completely intact, and that a faster, more energetic film has been created.

Abducted by juice4z0

This edit removes every bit of the Event from the Event and what's left is a great kidnapping movie.

Amazon Women On The Moon: Extended Version by Dr. Sapirstein

A new, extended version of this comedy classic, featuring 20 minutes of deleted scenes reinserted, a different ordering of the sketches, and 5 minutes of bloppers added after the end credits.

Blue Velvet: Q2 Extended Edition by Q2

David Lynch's masterpiece with all deleted scenes reincorporated.

Cosmogony by The Man Behind The Mask

Cosmogony is a fanedit using a lot of movies to tell the story of humantity and nature, from the creation of life to wherever we are going.

Diabolique: Alternate Cut by Dr. Sapirstein

The film is presented in a carefully restored black and white - as per the director's original intent - and is bereft of 23 minutes of weak and largely useless material. Inane dialogue, fruitless sub-plots and gaping holes in the story have been removed to present a more intense and potent thriller.

Emerald City II by Adabisi

A sequel to the [MENTION=8731]Gatos[/MENTION] fanedit, Emerald City: An Oz Fanedit, that follows Beecher and Schillinger through Seasons 2 & 3 of Oz.

Rocky Horror Picture Show: The Original Version by Dr. Sapirstein

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it!

Scott Pilgrim: Punch-Out!! Edition by That One Guy

What if Scott Pilgrim Vs The World was actually a 16-bit beat-'em-up game? The answer is here, in the form of the least interactive videogame ever made! Scott Pilgrim: Punch-Out!! Edition is the Munchkin version of the Scott Pilgrim story - i.e. less talking & mushy relationship stuff, and more retro videogame homages and punching.

Superman Resolved by b3nmitchell

This edit was intended to be the “Requel that should have been”, a legitimate end cap to the original Superman Movies. My hope is that this will become your go to version, and great effort has been put in to make the story as seamless and engaging as possible.

This Shit Isn't FUNNY by steFANedit

"I want the viewer to be hooked from the second the movie starts and to accomplice this I had to restructure the movie so it's no longer in chronological order. I’m hoping this will make the movie feel “more fresh” and better/more awesome/entertaining (plus a lot of other bullshit I should type in order to market this sucker)."

So there you have it. This can be anybody's game. No clear-cut front runner. Let's see what happens.

Busy month! They're all lucky Jack and Jill was released on April 1, however.

TV's Frink said:
Busy month! They're all lucky Jack and Jill was released on April 1, however.

Truer words...

Yes, yes they are. Other fanedits *cough*AOTR*cough* may not be so lucky.

I will be honored to lose to your pile of garbage.

Back on topic for a sec. Only March edit I still want to watch is Blue Velvet Extended Edition. Right now my top voting choices would be

- Rocky Horror Picture Show because it's awesome
- Scott Pilgrim because it was one of the funnest edits I've seen in a while
- Superman Resolved, listening to the commentary made me appreciate the work put into this edit

All right, here's my breakdown of all the edits and who I vote for.

2001 - Great first-time edit. Don't really know if I'll ever watch it a second time but I have no qualms recommending it to anybody.

Adbucted - Had a blast watching this. Loved it.

Amazon Women on the Moon - Loved it, but Dr. Sapirstein had 3 edits this month so the vote gets split a bit for me.

Blue Velvet - Great extended edition. Q2 has his method down to a science, releasing two high quality High Definition edits back-to-back without breaking a sweat. Mucho respect for that.

Cosmogony - Loved it. Gotta be honest, don't know what I'll think about it a second time, but a great time was had.

Diabolique - Didn't see it.

Emerald City II - Excellent edit, doesn't surpass Emerald City I though.

Rocky Horror Picture Show - My go-to version of RHPS for home viewing now.

Scott Pilgrim: Punch-Out!! Edition - Watched it 3 times over the course of the approval process. Each viewing it got better and better.

Superman Resolved - Real solid editing, but unfortunately the editor's forum personality and review talk backs make me think twice. If you're reading this, let this be a lesson in life. Sometimes you gotta just hold your tongue on things that piss you off because it can create a bad public image and might make less people want to watch your work. When you create your art and people give it a harsh review just ignore it. Don't take it as a personal assault.

This Shit Isn't FUNNY - Didn't see it.

Ok, so right now I'm split mainly between Blue Velvet, RHPS and Scott Pilgrim. Blue Velvet and RHPS were technically very proficient, but Scott Pilgrim had a much higher enjoyment value and rewatchability.

BUT! An extended edition has never won FEOTM. And I want Blue Velvet Q2 Extended Edition to be the first. (But if it loses, Jack and Jill Extended Edition will surely take that prize.)

So I vote for Q2. And so should you.

180px-Bump.gif

Congratulations to The Man Behind The Mask!

congrats, mask! you're always pushing boundaries, man—daz cool.

Thanks, guys.
I'm pleasantly surprised this fanedit won.
Congrats to the other contestants , it was a short win!

Congrats TMBTM. A well deserved win!

good work otta you man. guess this means i need to watch it :p

Yes congratulations on winning the last ever FEOTM award!

Prediction: After Neg's Jack and Jill wins April, the award will be vacated and permanently retired.

TV's Frink said:
Prediction: After Neg's Jack and Jill wins April, the award will be vacated and permanently retired.

Oh what a grand "The End" to Fanedit of the Month that would be...

Back
Top Bottom