• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vote for February 2013 Fanedit of the Month!

What was the best edit in February 2013?

• Cyborg II: The Bionic Bride by BionicBob

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Adabisi

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Prometheus: Giftbearer by Severian

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Titanic: Q2 Extended Edition by Q2

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • AARRSSTW-WTSSRRAA by %20

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
  • Poll closed .

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations to LastSurvivor for his second FEOTM win with Icarus.

February had some interesting fanedits, let's check 'em out.

Cyborg II: The Bionic Bride by BionicBob

Colonel Steve Austin is reunited with his childhood sweetheart Jaime Sommers.
As true love blossoms, tragedy strikes, forcing Steve to make the most difficult decision of his life -- saving Jaime by making her the world's first Bionic Woman!
But what price will he have to pay? Will their love survive?

Find out as Bionic Bob retro-cons the origin of Bionic Woman, removing the villain and amnesia pain subplots, into a straight forward soapy love story.

Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Adabisi

The intention was to create a movie out of the first season of the excellent Showtime series, Dexter. Gone are all elements that do not deal with Dexter's essential character development or the Ice Truck Killer storyline. What we are left with is the story of Dexter Morgan, the quintessential the anti-hero, struggling to deal with his past and present.

Prometheus: Giftbearer by Severian

This incorporates deleted, alternate and supplementary footage and makes numerous edits to original scenes to strengthen story, clarify character motivation, and address some often-mentioned issues viewers had with the original theatrical release.

Titanic: Q2 Extended Edition by Q2

This edit incorporates all 29 deleted scenes as well as gives the viewer the option of the theatrical ending or the original extended ending.

And last but not least...

AARRSSTW-WTSSRRAA by %20

"Continuing the legacy of projects which overcome great technological hurdles, but provide little to zero entertainment value, viewer reward, societal insight or benefit." %20

What is AARRSSTW - WTSSRRAA?
The 1997 Star Wars Special Edition resorted by shot length. Ascending and Descending the 2291 shots of 0002 to 1765 frames. %20's attempt to create a possibly equally perplexing retelling, which lives up to the "Specialer" moniker.

Who will win? The choice is yours.*

(Note: I will manually close poll at midnight PST April 1st.)

*But you should vote for AARRSSTW-WTSSRRAA.

Is the Prometheus edit as good as they say it is?

Did none actually submit his edit? I don't remember that happening.

1) Don't know, haven't watched it yet.

2) YES. None submitted it himself.

I really enjoyed the Prometheus edit. Particularly impressive for a first edit I thought.

I still got faith AARRSSTW-WTSSRRAA can pull through with a dark horse surprise victory.

none gets my vote. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Congratulations [MENTION=21856]Severian[/MENTION]!

Neglify said:
Congratulations Severian!

+1

I haven't had a chance to watch the edit yet, but based on the rave reviews and the landslide FEOTM victory I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Congratulations Severian! I've been sitting on your edit for a while, just haven't had the time to watch it. Hopefully soon...

I would like to thank my corporate sponsor, Yutani, for making this possible!

And actual thanks again to njvc, white43, Neglify and darth_xenu for invaluable feedback/submission-process-help!

Huge congrats Severian, well deserved. I imagine your edit might make some noise in a certain yearly awards ceremonial process as well... ;-)

Any idea what you might edit next??

:yo:I gots two vague, ambitious ideas that I don't know if I can make work at all, and two much simpler ideas.

Ambitious 1: combine Naked Lunch + Videodrome as "The Interzone Signal" :-o
Ambitious 2: major rework of "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence" with different subtitles to change story

Much simpler: Serenity edit, mostly just to put in the alternate (and much better IMO) transition to meeting Book, and sprinkle in a few deleted scenes.
So simple I don't know if anyone would be interested in it besides me: Yellow Submarine US TV version. To match the way I saw it growing up, edit out Eleanor Rigby (good but kind of doesn't fit the film well) and Hey Bulldog (sequence was thrown in the last minute and it shows). This is one case where I agree with a TV version's cuts! I'd love to watch it this way in HD.

I don't yet know if any of them will happen. ;-)

Beatles fan, eh? I knew I there was something I liked about that guy...

congrats, severe one!

any acknowledgments for the tyrell corp as well? :)

Thank you! Well, as the price of sponsorship, Tyrell Corp wanted one of my eyes for "research." :shock:

Back
Top Bottom