• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Video sizing in TMPGEnc Express (FLV conversion)

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm converting some FLV files to MPEG-2, and then dumping that and the wav files into DVDLab to make a DVD. The vid comes out looking beautiful, and the DVD looks great on my PC and my PS3. But when I play it on my little TV upstairs, it cuts off a bit of the top and bottom of the picture. Can't figure it out. I encoded it in the 1:1 pixel format, assuming it would just leave the video alone, and it would all show up on the TV.

My original video size is 512x384, and I'm obviously converting it to 720X480. I can't figure out why it shows up fine on my PS3/Projector, and not a regular TV. Any ideas?

your PS3 and PC are able to resize a video to fit to the visible zone. Your DVD Player is obviously not. Your video is 512x384, which would result in 720x540 for a 1:1 pixel format. As you can see, the height is too high. For a proper encode you need to add black bars to the sides, which will probably not be visible on your TV, but will show up on your PC and PS3. The width needs to be 576 instead of 512 for a proper 720x480 picture.

Back
Top Bottom