• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Video Games

I hardly ever play video games anymore, but recently when I've tried playing some of my older systems I've had issues getting the old hardware running properly. My NES for some reason only plays 3 of my cartridges (Adventures of Lolo, Battletoads, and Tiny Toons). My Genesis won't start at all (but I don't really mind because a friend got me a Genesis Mini for Christmas, which is what got me interested in playing any of these systems again in the first place). I decided to set up an EmulationStation, and when I was messing around with some settings in the theme, I found out that it can run Magnavox Odyssey games too! This is really exciting for me because that was my first game system, and even though it does boot up and plays most of the cartridges I still have, the AV quality is awful. The coax output is loose, and then that has to run through some other weird adapter to get it to work with a normal cable coax input on my TV. Anyway, running through the emulator looks a million times better. It just makes it hard to play some of the games that need the keyboard inputs.

The legend of Zelda- Tears of the Kingdom
It's smashing my expectations, & those expectations were sky high.

I finally beat Danganronpa V3. These games are fun, I like the characters and the gameplay for the most part, but they get repetitive and the writing isn't always great. The second game is probably the best all around, though I thought the meta elements in this one were neat. Now to complete the story, I have to get my hands on the unrelated Danganronpa 3 anime. I really love how bonkers the story can get, considering the rather simple basic premise.

After watching the new Spider-Verse, I got the urge to play Maximum Carnage, so I ordered a copy for the SNES.
At the flea market the other day, I nabbed Final Fight 2 for cheap. It was recovered from a fire and untested, but I cleaned it up and got it working.
I forgot to mention last time, on top of MM2 I also bought Ninja Gaiden and Blaster Master. This weekend I also got Bionic Commando, Gauntlet II, and Swords & Serpents (I got it mixed up with Wizards & Warriors, but still neat).

After watching the new Spider-Verse, I got the urge to play Maximum Carnage, so I ordered a copy for the SNES.
Maximum Carnage arrived today, and I just beat it. A seriously awesome game. I just like the novelty of old games based on specific comic storylines that use comic panel cutscenes, and it helps that the gameplay isn't half bad. Levels are short and enemies don't take obnoxious amounts of hits, it's very easy to make a beat'emup that's a slog and I was pleasantly surprised in that regard. I played as Venom whenever possible, I'll have to play again as Spidey sometime to see the differences. The fakeout ending seriously startled me. My only real complaint is the lack of variety in the enemies.

Got myself a ps4 the other day, been jumping around between a few games. Today I started Shadow Of The Colossus. I beat it years ago and it really affected me, I love the game but I've been dreading returning to it. Even now the atmosphere creeps me the heck out and I'm just filled with a sense of dread and horror. It is a fun time though. I remember shitting on the remake when it first came out, I can't remember why?

Managed to get all the way to the stage 4 boss in the original Ninja Gaiden, one of these days I'll actually beat it! A while ago I beat it on an emulator, but now I'm playing on (approximately) original hardware, with no cheats, turbo, or save states. I'm like, really proud of myself. As much as I'm constantly playing video games, I generally consider myself bad at them.

I just completed the game RiME. I don't know where to begin with this one. Disclaimer, this game isn't for everyone. It's the presentation of Shadow of the Colossus/ICO with the feel of Myst/Riven. There is no dialogue, no prologue, no words. The story unfolds itself through visual art story telling. It's full of mystery and intrigue and jaut when you think you know what's happening, it shifts and you realize this is not entertainment, rather an experience and journey. Spoilers and emotional response in the hidden text.

As I began, I thought this was about the boy losing his father. As I continued to play, the themes of loss and pain but with glimmers of hope made me think perhaps this was going to be him finding his father and restoring his home. The sentinels coming to life evoked a stirring of hope that I've not felt in playing a game ever. Similar was the pain when the sentinel finds one of its fellow sentinels dead and it wails in grief. Their march was stirring. Their sacrifice painful. I've rarely cared about a game this much. The statues turning to dust and then the fox dying and the boy becoming a spectre himself made me realize this wasn't about the boy finding and restoring his father or home, it was his journey in accepting his fate. The infinity pool room and the upside down stairs that led to him accepting his fate and falling into the sky left me in an interesting place. The ending of his father entering his room, embracing his spirit and painfully letting go of the torn jacket....this game is grief. It's heavy, hopeful, hopeless, healing, angering, frustrating and numbing all at once. It expresses in imagery and experience what words can't. After completing the game I clicked on the stages and they literally were the stages of grief, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance.

This game isn't for everyone, but if you've found yourself a member of the fraternity of grief, this just may bring healing or allow you to feel again.

Last edited:
Found an NES Advantage controller today, hopefully it works. I always like having the option for turbo controls. There's a reason why modern Mega Man releases have built-in rapid fire. I'm curious of how much of a detriment the joystick will be.
Also got Duck Tales and Mario 3.

I have a distinct memory of playing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on the Wii, and unlocking the character Starkiller from The Force Unleashed. Now I can't find any evidence of the character existing in that game. Apparently he was in Lego Star Wars 3, but that's definitely not what I'm thinking of.

I have a distinct memory of playing Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga on the Wii, and unlocking the character Starkiller from The Force Unleashed. Now I can't find any evidence of the character existing in that game. Apparently he was in Lego Star Wars 3, but that's definitely not what I'm thinking of.
Looks like there's a mod for the pc version.

I'm playing Apex Legends, Halo Infinite, World of Warcraft and VALORANT.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Very fun, very charming.

For October I played a few different horror games: a bunch of user made content on Dreams™ (such as a P.T recreation, something inspired by fatal frame, various backrooms games and one that tried to replicate Chillas Arts' The Convenience store)

Among the sleep was on sale for £1.20 on psn so I knew even if I hated it I'd still get my money's worth (it was a little light on scares but I enjoyed the story just about)

I revisited Resident Evil 7 for the first time since 2017 and now I realise how small/short it actually is but it was fun, I didn't play all of the DLC's but I did try my hand at Blackjack (no pun intended for those who've played it) and I played the Chris/Zoe DLCs just to get the full story. Village and 4 remakes dlcs are in my ever massive backlog.

I've been playing Guardians of the Galaxy on the PS5, I originally bought it on ps4 and got stuck (game breaking bug preventing progress) on the ps5 I only encountered a bug from an optional conversation with drax so that's a trophy I can't unlock lol, but I for the most part enjoyed it, it reminded me a little of the Telltale's game that came out years ago (my first exposure to Lylla Stoat as a character.)

Now I'm playing Assassin's Creed IV's DLCs Aveline and Freedom Cry while I wait for Play asia to send my copy of Like a Dragon: Gaiden.

I do want to play Alan Wake II and spider-man 2 but waiting for a price drop, I think the only other game I'm anticipating is the re-release of the Apollo Justice games, but since both the Phoenix wright trilogy and the Ace Attorney Chronicles are both in my backlog, that too can also wait.

Just beat Castlevania Rondo Of Blood. It started off great, but stages 5-7 were dreadful and I was very tempted to quit. Whenever I'd look up a guide I'd find Reddit comments on how to do it as Richter, followed by "or just play as Maria, she's the game's easy mode" which is just soul crushing when I am in fact playing as Maria.
I beat the psp remake a while back on an emulator with savestates which was a great time and cemented this as one of my favorite games in the series. Now, playing the ps4 release without savestates, I have to reconsider. But whatever, it's over now, I can watch the new animated adaptation, and play Symphony Of The Night.

Managed to get all the way to the stage 4 boss in the original Ninja Gaiden, one of these days I'll actually beat it!
I actually played the heck out of this way back in the day on the old N.E.S... and beat it. A brutal game, but so cinematic that I was motivated to push through. The kind of dedication I never have as an adult, I'll just take Easy mode, thanks, I have a life.

Been playing through old games that I had never beat in their updated/remade forms. Final Fantasy 3 (real 3) on PSP. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix collection on PS3. The original Mass Effect. Dragon Age: Origins with all the DLC and expansions. That last one is the best of the lot.

Just beat Castlevania Rondo Of Blood. It started off great, but stages 5-7 were dreadful and I was very tempted to quit. Whenever I'd look up a guide I'd find Reddit comments on how to do it as Richter, followed by "or just play as Maria, she's the game's easy mode" which is just soul crushing when I am in fact playing as Maria.
Is that the one Dracula X for SNES was based on yet made even worse?

Back
Top Bottom