• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vegas causing "Quiet" areas in 5.1 AC3 export

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Basically, after I've rendered out an 5.1 audio project to AC3 format, it appears that at random parts of the film, the audio (especially voices and whispers) gets really quiet/barely audiable. The problem is so annoying that I'm considering dropping the 5.1 mix and converting the audio render to 2.0 (which doesn't have this problem at all).

Just curious if anyone has experienced this as well or if they've found a solution to fixing it?

usually that problem is happening when the channels are not mixed properly. Did you create the 5.1 from a 2.0 track? Was the 2.0 formerly a 5.1? What did you use to make it 2.0?
I always use headac3he to get the 2.0 pcm from the 5.1 track. It never produced any flaws in mixing the channels. Other programs have done that.

boon23 said:
usually that problem is happening when the channels are not mixed properly. Did you create the 5.1 from a 2.0 track? Was the 2.0 formerly a 5.1? What did you use to make it 2.0?
No, I followed ADigitalMan's guide for making 5.1 mixes from 6 mono WAV files using the ripped ac3 file, Hypercode Transcoder, and Vegas.

I may have figured out the problems - I need to do a few more tests, but so far with my recent settings, I'm now getting louder dialogue and my Sony 5.1 mixes are much less "quiet" than previous attempts (to the point where they sound exactly like the 5.1 suround mixes of the original films).

Is the 6 .wav method any better than just plugging the ac3 file into vegas and letting it separate them?

Back
Top Bottom