• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vanishing Menu Buttons?!

el_silloneb

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If anyone here uses DVD Lab Pro 2, I was wondering if they they could explain how to get around a problem I'm having?

It's kind of strange, I've set up a VMG menu (as it leads to both 16:9 and 4:3 videos), I've set a motion video background and audio track then added buttons on top, all straight forward so far.
However, when I render the disc the buttons have turned invisible, only appearing when highlighted/selected (and then they are semi transparent).
I've checked to make sure that the transparency setting is off, that they're not set to 'invisible' and then even tried replacing the buttons with custom .png graphics but all to no avail. ???

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm fully expecting it to be something really dumb and will dutifully face-palm 'till my forehead bleeds when I find out what it is but for the moment I'm stumped!

Help!

if your buttons are "text", then you need to render the menu before complie.

Nope, they were text but are now graphics. Same problem.
Do you think rendering will help anyway?

Yeah, like I said in the first post, I tried replacing the text buttons with text produced in Photoshop which I rendered as .png graphics. I stuck with those as I can get them to look better.

Could you show a screen shot please?

Sure, it'll have to be in a while as my wife has forcibly comandeered the pc and this iPad is massively lacking in functionality... :-[

Here's a comparative image.

menubuttonerror.png

The text with a blue/purple haze on the right is what happens when the button is highlighted, when it's not highlighted all buttons become completely invisible.

I've built DVDs with DVD Lab before and this has never happened to me.

It looks like you havnt changed the colours in the "maps" it will be on the right side.

did you delete the new render (menu)?

when you put a video in the menu screen and then you render, it will replace the original video with the new render.

Problem solved. ;D ;D ;D

When I asked earlier if I should try rendering the menu anyway..?

Well, I hadn't been rendering it. I've never needed to before, it's always worked fine without. Your last post assumed that I had rendered the menu so before replying I tried rendering it...

and it worked. :-[

Thanks for your help.

Ok, another one that's baffling me.

Same menu, after rendering everything seems to be OK when I play it using VLC but when I burn it to disc the navigation skips alternate buttons.

The menu defaults to button 1 as it should but when I press down on the remote it skips down to button 3 then on down to 5 and so on. Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Are you sure every other button is linking to a video?

Definitely, there is a 'Disc Info' button on the bottom right of the screen when I navigate over to that then back over and up I can access the buttons and the videos they link to.

They all work fine but the navigation misses them out for some reason.

I would use dvds in CyberLink PowerDVD, its much better than VLC.

In VLC it works fine as I'm using a cursor to navigate.

It's in an actual DVD player (the kind you plug into a T.V.) that the problem arises.

Back
Top Bottom