• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Vader vs Kenobi Reimagined Video

mnkykungfu said:
jrWHAG42 said:
mnkykungfu said:
a little too dramatic and grand, more fitting in a Zack Snyder film than a Lucas joint.

Now I want an edit of the movies that makes it more like a Zack Snyder film!

Ha ha!  That would be interesting...it might be possible with the prequels...not sure about the OT.  I haven't seen them all, but I always thought several of the SW games, like The Force Unleashed, were essentially "What if Zack Snyder made SW?"

I especially want to see an attempt on the OT though.
Recolour Tatooine scenes to match the colours of the Batman knightmare desert sequence
Rescore with Hans Zimmer music
Cut down on hopeful moments to seem darker in tone
Make the empire the good guys or at least not completely the villains- present the heroes as imperfect and less heroic
Recut action scenes to be quicker and more dynamic, add slow motion
Make colours generally darker

I think it could definitely be doable, by a skilled editor.

jrWHAG42 said:
I especially want to see an attempt on the OT though.
Recolour Tatooine scenes to match the colours of the Batman knightmare desert sequence
Rescore with Hans Zimmer music
Cut down on hopeful moments to seem darker in tone
Make the empire the good guys or at least not completely the villains- present the heroes as imperfect and less heroic
Recut action scenes to be quicker and more dynamic, add slow motion
Make colours generally darker

I think it could definitely be doable, by a skilled editor.

Interesting!  I mean... it's Star Wars.  Probably half the people would love it, and half would say it really doesn't work.  It'd be a big challenge, but those ideas pretty much nail the tone.

I've often found it amusing that original trilogy fanedits were created almost as a protest against reversions, and here we are about twenty years later discussing how to enhance those films to degrees that Lucas had not yet dreamt of.

Zarius said:
I've often found it amusing that original trilogy fanedits were created almost as a protest against reversions, and here we are about twenty years later discussing how to enhance those films to degrees that Lucas had not yet dreamt of.

Yeah, it's interesting... in film podcasts (and on here) people sometimes talk about if they have a few films that are "perfect" movies to them.  Like any possible alteration you could think of would just lessen it.  It seems to be the highest praise for a film.

But maybe if you have a film that stimulates everyone's imaginations infinitely, that's actually equally high praise?  Like, how many variations could you do of Schindler's List, for example?  It's a fantastic film, but I can't imagine that many.  And here we are finding ways upon ways to play around with the OT and find alternate, equally wonderful viewing experiences.  There's something incredibly powerful to the films (yes, even the prequels!) to be able to stimulate people to come up with so many different takes on them.

I always thought the originals were fine and Yoda jumping around in the prequels was ridiculous. Vader and Obi are old - Obi quite obviously and Vader from pushing his broken body too hard.  Vader would use other methods if he needed to like he did in ESB against Luke.  Obi never planned to fight back anyway.

Back
Top Bottom