• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Using AI for cover art

Doctor Who is pretty straight forward "policebox in space" on https://hotpot.ai/art-generator gives you exactly what you'd expect.

53599584372_bed888bf59_o.png

Was looking for a simple Superman-focused cover for a "Man of Steel II" edit I downloaded ages ago (the whole thing is just a combination of BVS and JL but centered largely on Supes), I needed something that captured at least one major high stakes component of the feature and the best you can do with that is make use of Kryptonite

2690b80d-ed84-4f0d-808a-9ea60a30fc41.jpg

My thoughts and experience around using AI to generate artwork (posters in the case) is to use AI as part of the graphic design process / image composition, rather than just use what it spits out. For instance I plan to use Midjourney to replace my Blade Runner 2049 Savage cut poster, however it will mainly be use for “some” background elements only. The foreground will be a composite of the main characters taken as frame grabs from the source material. Film title etc on top. All composed in Photoshop. I hope that will produce a unique poster, whilst also reducing down the workload.

That's the same conclusion I've come to. Using AI as a sort of stock image generator to make elements of a poster rather than necessarily making the posters themselves.
It can make cool looking stuff, but it's always a little plain or flat. I think it needs the human element to make it exciting.

Back
Top Bottom