• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

USE RAPIDSHARE?

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, I broke down and purchased a premium account with Rapidshare today, I bought a one month account to try it out.

Up to now, I have solely been a torrent user, so this Rapidshare has me a wee confused and I was hoping someone could give me some step by step instruction....? :smile:

Since I have a Premium Account (which I understand means no daily download limits) is there an easier way to download Rapidshare files than having to click on each of the individual file? For example, the first fan edit I want to download is DOC SALVAGED.... do I have to click each of the individual 40 some files seperately? or is there a SINGLE LINK I can access that will download the entire file like a torrent? I tried checking the Rapidshare faq but could not find an answer... could any you active Rapidshare users share some of your wisdom with me? :???:

you can use rapidget as a download manager. Once installed you can select multiple files, add you login data and they will all be downloaded. There is a limitation though. Currently Rapidshare lets you download 25GB in 5 days. You can either download 5GB per day or 25 on 1 day, but then you will have to wait 5 days until you can do it again.

cool! Thanks, I will try that!!!
:D

flashget is a great program it also has a plug in for firefox :) it has joined my list of must have software.

agreed. i think RS and flashget is the way to go

dont forget flashgot as well, those two combined with firefox and you're golden

There is a option in Rapidshare under options that has a little box to click and it will give you direct links. So, if you use a d/l manager (I use Flashget) and on a page like this you can right click "Download All by Flashget" and it will d/l all links or you can select certain links. And of course you have to be logged in to RS.

If the file/link has .html extension like here then Flashget will d/l the file like this --> ADM_ET.part01.rar.html, but all you have to do is rename the without the .html.

Hopefully this is not too confusing..

things to remember with rapidshare.

1. if you use Rapget (which is what I use) you have to go into "servers" under the options in the Rapget program and enter in your username/password for Rapidshare.com

However you have to enter as the username your NUMERIC ID not your alias that you created instead of the numbers (if you created an alias).

2. make sure to go into your options on Rapidshare.com and click something to do with direct downloads.

It'll prevent it from taking you away from the page you're on and just give you a download box.

3. Go into your options on Rapidshare.com and click "monitor clipboard"

Then when you want, go to fanedit.org or wherever and if there's a huge list of rs.com links just highlight all of them and rightclick and select "copy"

It'll automatically add them to your window in Rapget.

Then go in and click the GREEN triangle thing at the top.

voila!

i use Getright's Browser, and paste the DL links straight into the Main GR window.

10 seconds and yor're DL'ing :) cant go wrong.

just giving you guys a heads up if you use flashget to downoad off rapidshare. Due to it's bit torrent suport, you will get a ton of crap addys trying to connect to your pc unless you have an app (like peerguardian) blocking them. Most of these are old torrent sites that were seized, fake p2p connections and other crap. I might switch to rapget and see if the same type of connections appear.

rapget works fine with no phony torrent bullshit connections trying to tap into your pc. If such a thing concerns you, use rapget and NOT flashget

Back
Top Bottom