• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Under the Dome [2013] - a summer miniseries!

Sunarep said:
what a great an preposterous finale to this marvelous abomination
LOL! Exactly! Definitely tuning in to this travesty next summer too. :D

i must say that Under the Dome surprised me more than any show this year.. so many twists and turns!
And so many mysteries!

How can a town built a perfect gallow within a few hours? i mean it looked like an ikea gallow that they just had lying around...
Why is the policewoman so pointless?
Why throw the egg in the water... and be right about it?
How can characters change their mind in about a few seconds:

Joe: Barbie you are the Monarch!
Barbie: don't be ridiculous... just because an insect flies around me?
Joe: No you are the monarch, 100%
Buttfly around Julia
Barbie: Julia you are the monarch... no other possible explanation

I also love how they try to evoke Lost-esque atmosphere:

"Why are you punishing us?"
"the dome is not here to puniss but to protect you...."
!!!!

What kind of bomb did the government drop on the dome, and why is so much of the ground around the dome still unaffected by this?

Anyone read the book and know if it's worth picking up? I'm sure it's like all Stephen King books, exciting while you read it but leaving you feeling empty after.

emphatic said:
Anyone read the book and know if it's worth picking up? I'm sure it's like all Stephen King books, exciting while you read it but leaving you feeling empty after.

I loved the book, so much depth to the characters and I wasn't disappointed at all.

Finished watching Season 1. Last 3 episodes were better than I expected. Still a terrible terrible show, I don't why I need to constantly remind myself of this. Hank Schrader's pretty awesome in it though.

emphatic said:
What kind of bomb did the government drop on the dome, and why is so much of the ground around the dome still unaffected by this?

I'm a huge fan of Stephen King so i really enjoyed Under the Dome but I felt that it was more a book for people who are already fans of King. I'd rather suggest 11/22/63 which definitely won't leave you empty afterwards

Sunarep said:
Joe: Barbie you are the Monarch!
Barbie: don't be ridiculous... just because an insect flies around me?
Joe: No you are the monarch, 100%
Buttfly around Julia
Barbie: Julia you are the monarch... no other possible explanation

793338-the_monarch.jpg.jpeg

got this for $15 the other day. been watching it. and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by it. I wasn't expecting it to be all that good. But so far, everything's been pretty great so far. I was also lil angry when I read that there'd be a season 2 (cause originally supposed to be just a miniseries) but I'm actually looking forward to season 2 now.

2 episodes into season 2 so far... not as bad as I feared, but still very shittay.

I'm still watching this show and it's still absolutely frickin ridiculous.

I'm debating whether or not I should tune in for this season. The last season was the most contrived mess I've ever seen, with the nadir being the astonishingly terrible and misguided Turn Turn Turn scene. But it's a train wreck it's hard to look away from. I'm curious to see exactly how nonsensical it will get.

Every episode starts by telling us that the Dome came down three weeks ago. Sure.

Okay, the first three episodes really upped the ridiculousness ante more than I thought possible. Still not sure if that's a good thing or not. It's still just so excruciatingly bad, but somehow a little bit more enjoyable than last season.

Cocoons? Pod people? Two anthropologists who know everything about excavation (pretty sure that's archaeology they're thinking of)? Hunter suddenly didn't need his glasses anymore, but doesn't really care about this fact? Melanie's Charmed-like witchcraft control room? It's too much.
Also, after the death of the hot half-black female science teacher, we get another half-black much hotter female scientist to replace her - because evidently this show really needs a hot female scientist. It feels like the show stopped taking itself seriously at all. Which may be exactly what it needs at this point.

I'm still having fun. So grossed out by the CSI chick/Junior douche filthy action though.

Back
Top Bottom