• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Unbreakable: The Extended Edition

So it didn't have any extras then?
I would probably grab the menu that is still available (since it's probably in the first rar file) and integrate it with the new.. but hopefully somebody has it.

Was it downloaded many times?

Oh, and you said that the file is there but you can't download it...

I wonder if there was some possible way to get it.. the url doesn't show up in jD

zeppelinrox said:
So it didn't have any extras then?

The original trailer was the only extra.

I would probably grab the menu that is still available (since it's probably in the first rar file) and integrate it with the new... but hopefully somebody has it.

I don't think you can open a RAR file that has been broken up. Haven't tried, and can't at this point, since the files have since been removed from RS. But considering there wasn't much in the way of extras I'll probably just submit it as an XVID HD file instead and not waste time trying to rebuild the menus and everything to make a DVD.

Was it downloaded many times?

50 or so.

Oh, and you said that the file is there but you can't download it...

I wonder if there was some possible way to get it.. the url doesn't show up in jD

I have access to the URL but it won't let me download it.

An AVI XviD version has become available. You know where to look.

I hope you don't mind but I encoded an xvid mkv.

720p/5.1 MKV encoded from original AVCHD version using MeGUI (xvid 2 pass HQ mode)

12 Chapters retained.
Artwork Included as well.

Xvid/AC3 MKV specs:
1.66 gb
Video: Xvid 1280x544 23.976fps, 1632 Kbps
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch, 224 Kbps

I wanted a higher quality avi with 5.1 sound.
But then I thought about keeping the chapters so that's why I went with MKV.

It's actually quite easy to convert the mkv to avi with the awesome Avidemux.

If people watch FE that's all I'm interested in. The more formats the better.

zeppelinrox said:
It's actually quite easy to convert the mkv to avi with the awesome Avidemux.

oh yeah. i use avidemux all the time! it really is versatile, glad you've found it :)

Yeah the name doesn't do it justice.
It's quite versatile.
I used that to fix the audio sync problem I had by using the "Shift" checkbox in the audio section. ;)
Until I saw that, I was really stumped.
MeGUI should have that. If it does, I haven't seen it.

I wasn't able to download this film over FanEdit.info ... nfo files got corrupted and dlc programs gave me viruses (thanks a lot about that). I was wondering if someone could send this to me directly (to avoid legal hassle). I own a legal copy of the DVD with the deleted scenes and would really like to have this version of Unbreakable. My e-mail is ***removed*** (named after the movie) and whichever file is easier for you to send please do. I check my e-mail daily so it shouldn't be a problem. And thanks in advance. :)

if a dlc program gave you a virus, why are you thanking anyone here about that?

how does sending you an edit directly via email avoid legal hassle? What legal hassle? Which indirect method are you comparing it too which would involve legal hassle? Wouldn't sending the file directly potentially involve even more legal hassle?

EthanReilly said:
I wasn't able to download this film over FanEdit.info ... nfo files got corrupted and dlc programs gave me viruses (thanks a lot about that). I was wondering if someone could send this to me directly (to avoid legal hassle). I own a legal copy of the DVD with the deleted scenes and would really like to have this version of Unbreakable. My e-mail is [email protected] (named after the movie) and whichever file is easier for you to send please do. I check my e-mail daily so it shouldn't be a problem. And thanks in advance. :)

JDownloader version is Offline.

NZB versions both DLd the .nfo files fine but the 720p version is no longer available. The 480p version is bits a pieces but not enough to reassemble. What I could DL was clean and had no viruses.

Emailing you a copy is prolly the most unsafe thing you could ask for on a variety of different levels.

Being rather new here all I can suggest to you is to expect most of the fanedits at the top half of the .info page to be dead or only have partial downloads available. Some people here have older copies they may be willing to post for you if you ask the question correctly. For more information please read the newbie thread. If will save the moderators time and you embarrassment.

RollWave said:
if a dlc program gave you a virus, why are you thanking anyone here about that?

how does sending you an edit directly via email avoid legal hassle? What legal hassle? Which indirect method are you comparing it too which would involve legal hassle? Wouldn't sending the file directly potentially involve even more legal hassle?

It was clearly a "thanks for nothing" kind of thing. Also, this is not the place for discussion of legality.

Linten1 said:
Being rather new here all I can suggest to you is to expect most of the fanedits at the top half of the .info page to be dead or only have partial downloads available. Some people here have older copies they may be willing to post for you if you ask the question correctly. For more information please read the newbie thread. If will save the moderators time and you embarrassment.

Please don't attempt to moderate the forum. The newbie thread is not where he needs to go in order to save us time, he needs to read the rules and using this site. When people who aren't staff members put out confusing or incorrect information, that creates additional work for us.

Also, info allows you to sort by any column, so "top half" is all relative. Not to mention there are those of us who try and upload whatever older edits we can when we're notified they've gone missing.

EthanReilly said:
I wasn't able to download this film over FanEdit.info ... nfo files got corrupted and dlc programs gave me viruses (thanks a lot about that). I was wondering if someone could send this to me directly (to avoid legal hassle). I own a legal copy of the DVD with the deleted scenes and would really like to have this version of Unbreakable. My e-mail is ***removed*** (named after the movie) and whichever file is easier for you to send please do. I check my e-mail daily so it shouldn't be a problem. And thanks in advance. :)
EthanReilly, I removed your email for several reasons, but mainly for your protection. You're welcome.

The dlc files are not hosted here and we do not have any connection to sites that do host them. Any time you download something you do it at your own risk. Contact the site that you downloaded from if you have a problem.

Finally, read the rules and using this site. There are links for these pages near the top of most every page here.

Thanks for all of you that helped. I won't be so careful to give out my e-mail next time.

I downloaded the 480p version and it does work, just letting you guys know. It's the 720p that is in lots of little pieces; the 480p isn't. Downloading DLC programs did incorporate a lot of adware I didn't want on my computer, and since getting two "blue screens" I decided to get an anti-virus. One of the best: Norton 360. It didn't catch the adware. But I think I was able to disable it myself. The 480p version I downloaded was through NZB. I downloaded SABnzbd and I had no problems so far.

There was three fan edits I was looking forward to in particular: this, EoE/EoTV concurrency project, and a Definitely, Maybe extended fanedit. Unbreakable, The End of Evangelion, and Definitely, Maybe are my three favorite movies of all time. It's good to have this edit although I was looking forward to an edit with absolutely nothing cut out (basically, the G4 edit).

If anyone has any news regarding the other two movies extended fanedits give me a PM and we can roll from there.

TV's Frink said:
Also, info allows you to sort by any column, so "top half" is all relative. Not to mention there are those of us who try and upload whatever older edits we can when we're notified they've gone missing.
Ha, I never knew that. Thats going to save me some time.

This looks terrific. Can I still find it somewhere? It sounds too good to be true to get a full extended version. I watch this movie once a month at least. No joy on Fanedit.info. help, please?

hhf2 said:
This looks terrific. Can I still find it somewhere? It sounds too good to be true to get a full extended version. I watch this movie once a month at least. No joy on Fanedit.info. help, please?

It's against the rules to post here asking for links. It's against the rules to post the full url of info. Please read the rules before posting again, to avoid getting warned, banned, or something in between. https://www.fanedit.org/rules/

Back
Top Bottom