• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ultra Violence. A Fanedit of Clockwork Orange

Today i did some tests with the All Work and no Play cut
It's amazing how beautiful this is in 2.35.1
I work on this segment more in the weekends and the rest of the week the Ultra Violence cut
The original has a lot of crossfading but that is not in this cut
Well, starting also on this one......

At this moment very busy with this first Ultra Violence part, for now it all works great.
  I am now on approx 65 minutes of footage, a lot of cuts, inserts, audio cutting but for the moment i am very satisfied
  I must admit that i was a little TOO far over the edge with my idea's in this project so i decided to make a smaller cut that is on the     same level as the second part:
  All work and no Play
  But for the gorehounds there is also an extended cut but this cut stays with me
  When this whole thing is ready i give more information about it
  Another reason is also time because it can't be too long for a double feature
  Some facts that is NOT in the short cut:

No extended footage of world war two
  The suspicion that DeLarge is responsible for the death of other woman is not in this cut
  A LITTLE less violent. Some things are trimmed or totally cut

Other directors involved in this project:

Franck Khalfoun
  Tinto Brass  (cut in short version - uncut in extended)
  Bob Guccione (cut in short version - uncut in extended)
  Dario Argento
  Lucio Fulci
  Steven Spielberg  
  Eli Roth
  Gaspar Noé   
  Meir Zarchi

I really can't say the running time between the short and the extended cut, because i am busy with both

For now the last update in this
  When this Ultra cut is ready i give in the next update a total of cuts, used music and running time of both

I cut also the scene of the two cops (his former gang members) when he is released so in this cut it looks like he is beating up
 by the drifters.

This edit is almost done
It was a hell of a job but the version like i had in mind is pretty succeeded
I had so many ideas in the process but not all of them worked in the making of this edit
One of them was to make DeLarge a vicious serial killer but i let my imagination too much go on that subject
Most difficult part was to cut in the classical music and not all the added music worked in the final cut
I am busy with the last straws and then we have a pretty rough version of Clockwork Orange
Like i said, i make two versions of this, a so-called "theatrical cut" and an unrated version
The theatrical cut is the one for the DF
Next week when this first edit is ready i give a total of cuts and running time of both

Well, the total cuts of Ultra Violence:    (Cut and Uncut edition)

- New Credits (longer in the uncut edition and i used a different font)
- Beating up the drifter is trimmed in dialogue (voice over is cut)
- Driving to Alexander's house is a little trimmed
- Alex in his room imagining violent things with the Beethoven track 
  is (of course) replaced with other stuff
- Conversation between his parents is cut
- Alex walking in a store is cut, also banging the two hookers is cut
- Conversation between Alex and his "droogs" about the new way is trimmed
- Slow motion scene after that is a little trimmed with another music overdub  (replaced)
- Bar scene after that is a little trimmed
- The dialogue at the police station is trimmed
- In the prison with the library scene we see Alex once again imagining violent stuff and of course this is replaced by me with other footage
Special note:  That footage is UNCUT in the unrated version but trimmed in the "theatrical" cut
- When Alex is THE ONE for the experiment i cut out all of the following scenes like checking his cell, signing a contract, and so one 
From there we are in the hospital and my idea to make that The Broadmoor hospital is gone because that serial killer idea was not really working in the making of this cut
Too much imagination i guess, just like Alex....
The experiment scene is in this cut 3 days
There are a lot of inserts, shots of a projector lamp and i used some shots of the doctors because the shots with Alex "looking" was not enough for what i had in mind, i had to mix it with some other footage
The original footage is cut and is replaced with black and white footage (only in unrated edition) to make the differents between Alex looking and the B&W stuff
I put the dialogue of the inserts more to the background and the music is more on the front at some scenes
Special note:  Also in this scene i make some cuts for the theatrical cut: the world war two scene is the same as in the original.
In the unrated cut there is more of the world war two footage
- The so-called stage act is trimmed, i cut out the naked woman because a music issue was the reason for this and i think we have nudity enough in this cut.
- Back to his parents the dialogue is trimmed
- Meeting the drifter ones again is overdubbed with other music
- The "policemen" is cut in that scene, he is beating up by the drifters
- Back to his old friend mister Alexander the dialogue is a little trimmed
- Bathtub scene starting singing in the rain is in duet with good old Gene Kelly
- Alexander telling some friends about Alex is cut
  He only mentioned it to Alex at the dinner scene
- The dialogue with Alexander's friends is trimmed
- Some voice overs of Alex are cut
- Alternative ending

Well, that's it.
I put the final touch to it next week and then i give the running time of both before i go further with All work and no Play
It was a pleasure to work on this cut although there was a lot of mumbo jumbo around this project but when i start something i finish it. And that's it.

The unrated cut is NOT gonna be released 
For more information you can always give me a PM
I give no information about the inserts, that spoils everything.
I mentioned earlier the director's of this, i think if you know them.......
See it when the time comes, if you think it's shit well, you have a trashcan on your PC, it's gone in a second.

I am so curious about this project.
After almost a lifetime obsessed with ACO, it might be time for "A New Way".
I read that there is a lot of changed.
Daring project, Maniac !
After the previous Kubrick Fanedits by Maniac, I have a good feeling about this.

I have decided to release these edits separately.
So we talking now only about the first one "A Clockwork Orange"
The mean reason is that it is too long for a double feature
I have a time limit for DF's around the 70-75 minutes and with these edits it's not gonna happen
I was afraid of that, i think it's better to release them separately
Of course there is a new front cover coming up in a few days
Sorry for the DF lovers but it is too damn long i can't do it
I did also some adjustments in this thread for that
The Ultra Violence cut is gonna be released by the end of May

Sucks about the DF but I understand if they are too long then it's best to release them seperaetly

For "All Work and No Play" will you pair it up with something else for a DF? Cuz it wouldn't make much sense to do a second standalone edit of The Shining.

Well, another reason to release this Ultra Violence as a stand alone edit is because of the gore and extreme footage in this
I think the uncut edition works great and i did some cuts in the released print to make it on a more "normal" level but also with this one
it has no match with the second one if you know what i mean...
Visual The Shining is a masterpiece but it is no "splatter" movie like i did with the first one
The mean reason stays the running time and i don't wanna cut more in this as what i have planned

But it's a great idea to put All Work in some other DF because i have some plans with "Carrie" of Brian de Palma
If you put those two together then you have a Stephen King DF

Another possibility is to make a Jack Nicholson DF with The Witches of Eastwick because that was also a great performance of Jack  
I will definitely put All Work is some other DF

It makes perfect sense to release Ultra Violence as a standalone. It caps a trilogy of Maniac edits of Kubrick films. And a Carrie/Shining DF sounds quite good.

Right, the next one is a DF of Carrie and The Shining

This is the new cover of Ultra Violence

LBTWYIE.jpg

if there were an afterlife and a heaven, i'm sure that maniac would be put in charge of the celestial horror movie nights.  :D

This edit is DONE

Unrated version runs 91 minutes  (inserts B&W footage)

Theatrical cut runs 88 minutes      (inserts color footage)

Release by the last week of May

Edit complete. Thread moved.

Thanks for the great review on this
It was indeed a lot of work BUT the EDITING pleasure WAS ALL MINE... :rolleyes:
I think it was a nice "final chapter" to the Kubrick trilogy i did

By the way... You have a great username

Who are you talking to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Talking?  not talking at all....
Just a written special thanks for the reviewer
Maybe he sees it, maybe not...
That's it

maniac said:
Talking?  not talking at all....
Just a written special thanks for the reviewer
Maybe he sees it, maybe not...
That's it

Use the review comment section on IFDb for that if he isn't posting here.  Or at least make some reference to what you are talking about when you post here, so we know what the hell you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom