• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Twin Peaks: Red Rock West

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
EDIT UPDATE: This edit has changed into a rescored version of Red Rock West (no added Twin Peaks scenes, only the music of Angelo Badalamenti.

This Edit will be a Mashup of Red Rock West and Twin Peaks Fire walk with Me/The missing pieces.
The Main movie is Red Rock West starring Nicolas Cage, Dennis Hopper & Lara Flynn Boyle and then I have added scenes from the world of Twin Peaks.
The music in Red Rock West will for the most parts be replaced with Angelo Badalamenti & David Lynch's scores.
I'm not an approved editor yet but as soon as I get there I will put this edit into "in the works section"
or move one of my other edits to "inactive"

here's a quick teaser poster (not final)
Sorry for some misspelling of the cast

YcfA37j.jpg

Last edited:
My idea for this Mashup is that Lara Flynn Boyle returns to the world of Twin Peaks but not as Donna.
Nicolas Cage has worked with Lynch in Wild at heart and Dennis Hopper with Lynch in Blue Velvet
So Red Rock West have always got me thinking of David Lynch.
KWqvsMx.jpg

Last edited:
Love it - after my recent TP binge , i had a similar idea to try and make an edit featuring the various actors but its just too much of a big task at the moment. As David Lynch would probably say - i'll meditate on it for a while.

Last Impressions said:
Love it - after my recent TP binge , i had a similar idea to try and make an edit featuring the various actors but its just too much of a big task at the moment. As David Lynch would probably say - i'll meditate on it for a while.

Thanks Last Impressions!
I have more ideas about Twin Peaks!
I’m planning to make a trilogy of Fake Twin Peaks movies if this edit turns out well.
To expand/explore that universe is very interesting.

This is my idea for the intro!
Each movie will have a different song and for this I have chosen "I'm waiting here" by David Lynch & Lykke Li
from the David Lynch album "The Big Dream".

Not sure about the fonts!
I have tried to make them like in the show but they may better work in white like in Fire Walk With Me.

Any feedback is welcome!

Password:fanedit.org

Last edited:
updated link! For some reason the first link didn't work.

Sample 2
Shots of Red Rock West with the music from Twin Peaks.
also some audio replacement in the car ride.

Password: fanedit.org

Last edited:
Sample 3
a transition from "Fire walk with me" to "Red Rock West"
*Removed original Red Rock music and added Twin Peaks songs.
The Twin Peaks theme is slowed down in tempo to make it even more ”moody”.
*added Sound of galloping horse and Car sounds

Last edited:
Really excited to watch this! Red Rock West is one of my favorite movies but I'm not a fan of the score so I love what you're doing audio wise. It definitely has more of a Lynch vibe even in the Dahl parts (ha). I'm more of a Twin Peaks novice although I love Fire Walk With Me so I'm really pumped for this.

Really excited to watch this! Red Rock West is one of my favorite movies but I'm not a fan of the score so I love what you're doing audio wise. It definitely has more of a Lynch vibe even in the Dahl parts (ha). I'm more of a Twin Peaks novice although I love Fire Walk With Me so I'm really pumped for this.
Thanks @FutureCapsule!
Yes Red Rock has already some great vibes of Twin Peaks over it so the change Will for the most part be just the music.

the biggest problem is that Red Rock has only a
Stereo track so I must remove all audio to rescore it.

but it’s nice to know that there’s some interest for this Edit

Running Time is at the moment 1h 56min
It’s approx 75 % Red Rock West and 25% Twin Peaks scenes.

The Red Rock West ending is slightly changed to a more ”open ending”

Have some more audio work to do and maybe find some more Twin Peaks scenes to level up
the % rate.
But I want to keep a good pace in the movie as well so maybe I will just keep it as it is.

Quick update!
Sarah Palmer and The Log Lady joins the cast in this Edit!

And new beginning has been created and it’s now starts with the ”classic” Twin Peaks theme.

The Running Time is now 121 min.

I Will post the first 10min of the Edit very soon!

How Soon?
Well how about now!
Not final, have noticed some small glithches but here's the first 10 minutes

i am still interested how you plan to make sense of the narrative.
right now at least to me, it just seems like we are going back n forth from 2 different stories.
will it make sense once it's complete?

i am still interested how you plan to make sense of the narrative.
right now at least to me, it just seems like we are going back n forth from 2 different stories.
will it make sense once it's complete?
I’m not sure it Will make perfect sense!
My first goal was just to rescore Red Rock West into a Twin Peaks movie.
But it didn’t feel right for me so I just expanded the Edit with random scenes from Fire Walk with Me/The Missing Pieces to make it feel ”more”
Twin Peaks.

The main story is still Red Rock West

The Current Scene Order. (Not Final)

-Laura meet Log Lady (The Missing Pieces)
-Laura ,Sarah & Leland at home (The Missing Pieces)
-Michael at the drilling station (Red Rock West)
-Michael at the gas station (Red Rock West)
-Agent Cooper & Diane scene (The Missing Pieces)
-Leland Palmer calling Teresa Banks scene (The Missing Pieces)
-Michael meet Wayne at the bar scene (Red Rock West)
-FBI Office scene with Agent Cooper, Gordon Cole, Albert & Philip Jeffries (Hybrid scene of Fire Walk With Me and The Missing Pieces)
-Agent Cooper meet Carl Rodd (Fire Walk With Me)
-Michael meet Susanne (Red Rock West)
-Michael writes letter and leaves town (RRW)
-Red Rock West Hospital scenes (RRW)
-Michael & Wayne car scene (RRW)
-Michael & Wayne chase scene (RRW)
-Agent Cooper Black Lodge scene 1
-Twin Peaks Police Station scene with Lucy, Andy & Harry Truman (The Missing Pieces)
-Motel scene with Laura, Teresa Banks & Ronette Pulaski (The Missing Pieces)
-Car scene with Michael & Lyle (Red Rock West)
-Bar scene (RRW)
-Truck scene (RRW)
-House scene with Michael, Susanne & Lyle (RRW)
-Truck scene with Laura Palmer (The Missing Pieces)
-Laura & Leland outside house scene (The Missing Pieces)
-Michael & Susanne Car scene/Bar scene/Hotel scene (Red Rock West)
-Office scenes (Red Rock West)
-Teresa Banks phonebooth scene (The Missing Pieces)
-Burning House & Jailhouse scenes (Red Rock West)
-Graveyard scene (RRW)
-Train scene (RRW)
-Laura & Annie bedroom scene (Fire Walk With Me)
-Leland & Teresa Banks scene (FWWM)
-Agent Cooper Black Lodge scene 2
-Annie at Hospital scene ( The Missing Pieces)
-Agent Cooper, Harry Truman & Dr Will Hayward in Hotel room scene (The Missing Pieces)

Back
Top Bottom