• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Tropic Thunder - The "Dude Playing The Dude, Disguised As Another Dude" Edition

Bailey

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AKA, Tropic Thunder Extended Edition

Let me start off by saying, I freaking love this movie. What I did here was take the Tropic Thunder Director's cut, add in all of the deleted scenes, and added back all of the alternate lines from the theatrical cut that were removed in the DC.

My Cut is 2:14:02

Director's Cut (DC) is 2:01:08

Theatrical Cut (TC) is 1:46:44

Changes:

1. 11:28, added alternate line from TC, mixed with lines from DC, "I'm gonna teach you how to juggle."
  2. 13:09, added Alpa Chino taking a phone call from the TC.
  3. 15:18, added alternate line from TC, "I'm gonna take a PP."
  4. 57:18, added deleted scene, Tugg needs shelter.
  5. 59:53, added alternate shot of the panda from the TC, mixed with shot from the DC.
  6. 1:04:49, added water buffalo deleted scene.
  7. 1:06:21, added scene from TC. Bad guy walks up to Tugg and they spit at each other.
  8. 1:31:54 to 1:34:41, added deleted scenes of Alpa and Kevin using snorkels to sneak around. This deleted scene had to be cut back and forth with the existing scene.
  9. 1:36:46, added Cody picking up a backpack from the TC.
  10. 1:40:01 to 1:48:00, this scene took the most work. Added deleted/extended scene of Lazarus rescuing Tugg and an extended fight scene between Portnoy and the kid bad guy. These scenes had to be blended together with each other and blended with the existing scenes.
  11. 1:59:28, added deleted scene of Peck getting captured.
  12. 2:00:39, added extended awards show.
  13. 2:04:30, added deleted scene of Peck and the bad guys.
  14. 2:11:15, added a post credit trailer.
The deleted scenes had terrible colors and were lower quality. I put a lot of work into upscaling and color correcting them. They aren't perfect, but I think they blend pretty well.

AKA, Tropic Thunder Extended Edition

Let me start off by saying, I freaking love this movie. What I did here was take the Tropic Thunder Director's cut, add in all of the deleted scenes, and added back all of the alternate lines from the theatrical cut that were removed in the DC.

My Cut is 2:14:02

Director's Cut (DC) is 2:01:08

Theatrical Cut (TC) is 1:46:44

Changes:

1. 11:28, added alternate line from TC, mixed with lines from DC, "I'm gonna teach you how to juggle."
  2. 13:09, added Alpa Chino taking a phone call from the TC.
  3. 15:18, added alternate line from TC, "I'm gonna take a PP."
  4. 57:18, added deleted scene, Tugg needs shelter.
  5. 59:53, added alternate shot of the panda from the TC, mixed with shot from the DC.
  6. 1:04:49, added water buffalo deleted scene.
  7. 1:06:21, added scene from TC. Bad guy walks up to Tugg and they spit at each other.
  8. 1:31:54 to 1:34:41, added deleted scenes of Alpa and Kevin using snorkels to sneak around. This deleted scene had to be cut back and forth with the existing scene.
  9. 1:36:46, added Cody picking up a backpack from the TC.
  10. 1:40:01 to 1:48:00, this scene took the most work. Added deleted/extended scene of Lazarus rescuing Tugg and an extended fight scene between Portnoy and the kid bad guy. These scenes had to be blended together with each other and blended with the existing scenes.
  11. 1:59:28, added deleted scene of Peck getting captured.
  12. 2:00:39, added extended awards show.
  13. 2:04:30, added deleted scene of Peck and the bad guys.
  14. 2:11:15, added a post credit trailer.
The deleted scenes had terrible colors and were lower quality. I put a lot of work into upscaling and color correcting them. They aren't perfect, but I think they blend pretty well.
I definitely love that title! Sounds like you have put a lot of work into this.

Back
Top Bottom