• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

transfer edits from one file to another? (replace project media)

Lord_Elrond_St.Hubbins

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have an issue!maybe someone here can help. I'm working on my first fanedit: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...-on-The-Expected-Cut-of-An-unexpected-Journey

I just exported my first copy to get feedback on and noticed quite some digital artifacts and errors. I think this is probably because I edited a h.264 *.ts file. Not the most editable file format, but I actually never had problems with it in the past.

I'm wondering, if I convert the .ts file to an Avi or some other editable file, is it possible to transfer all the edits onto the new file? The edit is almost complete and I wouldn't want to start all over again.

there should be. This can be done in other editing suites like Vegas, so I assume it is a feature of Premiere. Basically you want to replace project media in your timeline. In Vegas, there is a tab in the GUI for project media, you just right click and "replace" whatever file you want to swap out. Check the project panel of Premiere.

I don't know who is a Premiere user around here. Maybe [MENTION=6566]TMBTM[/MENTION] or [MENTION=8530]Q2[/MENTION] ?? Hopefully one of them can tell you exactly how to do it.

also, I've slightly modified your title here for some clarity and moved this to the fanediting applications sub-forum. Hopefully that will help you get some assistance.

Simple answer is yes. All you need to do is right-click on the clip in your Project window and link the clip to the new file. Everything in your timeline that referenced the old file will then reference the new one.

Q2 said:
Simple answer is yes. All you need to do is right-click on the clip in your Project window and link the clip to the new file. Everything in your timeline that referenced the old file will then reference the new one.

I figured as much. This sounds exactly the same as in Sony Vegas. Thanks for confirming.

hey thanks for the tips!

when i replaced the footage with the avi all the cuts were 2+ seconds off. apparently avisynth started 2+seconds late. kinda strange trimmed that quck though.

Back
Top Bottom