• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Total Recall Remake

I'm fairly looking forward to this. Bearing in mind, I believe the objective was to stick closer to the source material by Philip K. Dick - this should be a different film. I suppose it would be like if someone wasn't remaking Blade Runner, but Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep - the film and the book are very different.

Saying that, It's Len Wiseman. The trailer is showing a somewhat similarity to the original film. I have no problem with Colin Farrell and it looks a bit Fifth Element/Blade Runner - so we'll see.

white43 said:
I believe the objective was to stick closer to the source material by Philip K. Dick - this should be a different film.

That seems to be mostly lip-service. Apart from not going to Mars, everything we've seen so far seems to mirror the original film, not the short story.

Farrell is Quaid/Hauser, not Quail.
Beckinsale is Lori not Kirsten.
Cohaagen, Melina, and Kuato are in it, all characters made up for the film. The company is even spelt Rekall instead of Rekal.

I predict a film that is watchable enough despite some idiocies. It'll be mostly unfulfilling and in the long run, forgettable. My early instinct will be to fan edit it, but I'll end up discarding it due to not really being worth the bother. :)

Uncanny Antman said:
My early instinct will be to fan edit it, but I'll end up discarding it due to not really being worth the bother. :)

Already giving up on this one, eh?

Only a very stoned one.

Frantic Canadian said:
Does anybody buy John Cho as a bad guy?
...He's not playing a bad guy though, is he? He's playing McClane, Rekall salesman.

Uncanny Antman said:
...He's not playing a bad guy though, is he? He's playing McClane, Rekall salesman.

It's been a while since I've seen the original, but from the little bit of him that we do see in the trailer he kinda appears to be a bad guy.

Because of the hair or the gun? Either way, he's almost definitely shot to death moments later.

Uncanny Antman said:
Because of the hair or the gun? Either way, he's almost definitely shot to death moments later.

More the gun and attitude than the hair, but the hair isn't helping.

It definitely is "cliché evil guy" hair, I'll give you that. :D

the more i think about this movie the more irritated and indifferent i become.
sci-fi needs more A grade films instead of constant B grade movies.
whatevergrumblegrumblecolinfuckinfarellgrumblegrumblephildickisrollingoverinhisgravegrumblegrumblemeh.

Need clarification. Does sticking closer to the original story mean we get to see a 3-boobed woman or don't get to see a 3-boobed woman?

geminigod said:
Need clarification. Does sticking closer to the original story...
Which they aren't. I apologise for repeating myself, but I just hate to see the propagation of misinformation. :)

As for the question, if I had to guess I'd say:

Theatrical - No.
Unrated Blu - Yes, but done stupidly.

Pictured inside the spoiler area, the amount of anticipation I have for this release.

Well, I saw this last night.....

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH25255B125255D5B15D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom