• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Titles

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
...my entire project has come to a screeching halt - as I don't know how to add titles or what app to use. Film has been edited with Womble and exported to MPG and MPA.

Boon suggested Ulead Media Studio Pro, but this is discontinued(and even when I found a copy, it won't run on my XP SP3) - even the successor is discontinued!

All I want to do is have a title that I can superimpose over the moving image for a few seconds. Suggestions ?

Why not just use the title editor in womble?

because it messes up the video.

you can get good results with titles for womble, but there is a trick to it and here it is

in order to add titles womble has to re-encode. Normally this is a no no, but if you set womble to maximum and follow my steps you can work with it without frameserving and then re-editing again

GO:
On the timeline find a spot roughly a few frames or second before your spot for where you want your title to go. Now in womble (on the bottom right side) select the split/cut option (looks like a scissors). You will see a line in your video clip on the timeline. Now add your title. Once the title is off the screen (whenever you choose to make it disappear), go a few frames more and then like before use the split command. Now you technically just isolated one small clip for the title without touching the rest of your film. Now when you export, whatever was before your added title WILL NOT be touched and likewise what comes after your title will not be touched. Do this as often as neccessary to keep womble's encoding down to a minimum

EXPORT: when you export go under the video settings and change the quality to "maximum", also on the bottom of the video tab make sure "variable" bitrate is checked and change this to 7200. If you leave this as the 8-9 range you can get gop errors when you try to author your disc and most author apps will want you to re-encode your clip. I found by a lot of trial and error that lowering the bitrate regardless of the clip to the 7200 range and using the variable option the gop non dvd standard error no longer occured

In my last edit for the inheritors, I used a lot of fades and the like. ALL of that was used with wombles encoder and I have received no complaints about it. Use the split command often and to your advantage, it comes in very handy

PS what also works well is under the general settings for womble, under the audio tab (remember NOT the export audio tab, but the general settings audio tab) change the audio/vido sync option to "ignore pts audio jumps". This helps when whatever authoring app remuxes your film by keeping it insync. Ignoring the audio pts jumps means your clip will be made to ignore what audio packets are in the various clips you are editing. In other words it is as if you made the clip by yourself and are not editing something already made.

Back
Top Bottom